Top positive review
73 people found this helpful
Good TV - Excellent UK support
on 18 May 2012
We got this as a replacement from Toshiba UK for our original 3.5 year old TV that developed a vertical stripe fault - a recognised fault it seems...
The TL963 is an excellent TV generally speaking:
- great picture, rock solid, bright & colourful
- HD in 3D as well 2D
- great connectivity (so far tried: Wi-Fi, BBC iPlayer, Media-browser, etc)
- improved audio (over previous 40TL8xx)
- good case, swivel base (silver bezel is OK, matt finish)
- Toshiba Wi-Fi dongle works well, fast.
- Good, clear remote
Great UK support from Toshiba UK:
- based in UK
- relatively quick response (and friendly too!)
- dealt with original faulty TV (3.5 year old, 40in, vertical stripe)
- offered replacement deal (ie the TL963)!
Possible issues - all minor (depending on your expectations):
- sound is somewhat 'thin' (symptom of thin LED TVs - small speakers)
- TV Guide is annoyingly slow at times, but clear
- 3D requires ACTIVE glasses (£50 per pair!)
- Have NOT tried 3D with Toshiba glasses - waiting del
- UeroTek glasses (Active shutter) gave awful flicker (possibly incompatible or faulty)
- Fixed list of names for inputs ("DVD", "Game", etc. confusing is say you have PS3 and Wii)
If TV is arriving by courier - do check the packaging prior to opening as ANY external damage is likely to damage the TV itself: the packaging is alarming lacking! Good for the environment etc, but needs a careful courier! If you have any issues, Toshiba UK should should sort it all out very efficiently.
LSR, Norwich, UK