on 9 December 2012
2 of these TV's on the way back to Amazon. I don't know if it is an issue on the latest firmware as I upgraded to this on both TV's. I used the satellite tuner on both TV's so this may have been part of the issue. Both TV's would not boot up after doing completely different menu functions, they reset and would never come back on again. Called Toshiba support and they told me that if the green LED comes on with the backlight but nothing appears on screen then I would need to send the TV back. This happened to me twice. Well I'm not risking a 3rd time lucky approach and will look for a different make. Also other niggles with TV. You can delete channels, so after I did a scan of TV satellite channels, had hundreds of channels and had to manually renumber them into the 900's. The online media guide looked good but did not pick up my manual channel number changes and only displayed 57 channels. Both TV's had a tendency to reset when 1st viewing an ITV signals but don't whether this had anything to with the ITV satellite signal even though it had full strength. Amazon were great and swift in service so can be commended for this.
on 12 January 2013
Good picture quality, any problems are down to the weak signal in our valley. Good facilities built in, easy to use. The narrow frame around the screen means we could probably have bought a slightly larger set without it dominating the room I would recommend potential buyers to consider that. We have looked at flat screen TV's for over six months and this is the first one that we immediately considered good value for money, with all the facilities we are likely to need for some time to come. The smart facility has already got me out of trouble with iplayer and only required a mains linked ethernet cable to enable it in our very old house with very thick walls. Haven't had the chance to try out the 3D facility because we shall have to save up for the active 3D glasses at around £50 each but at that price I understand why Toshiba didn't want to price themselves out of the market by supplying them. We already have DVD players and recorders by Toshiba and their after sales technical service is second only to Hewlett Packard (most of our computer equipment is HP). Overall a very good buy, we are delighted with it.
on 26 January 2013
Bought it last week and have bee playing with it to discover more about it.

Good Points:
Image quality is very good.
Unlike some comments saying the sound isn't that good, I found it quite well.
Media Streaming from laptop to TV (DLNA) wirelessly is really fun.
The Internet via dongle is pretty good (quite limited possibilities though)
Beautiful slim design.
Easy to setup.

Bad Points:
It's a bit slow to boot and to change mood. The TV guide is a bit slow too.
I think the remote isn't sensible enough either. The remote app on iPhone is pretty good.
The 3D isn't a miracle, So nothing impressive with the 3D technology.
You need to pay another £30 for the dongle and £50 for the 3D glasses.

In overall as a fussy person who's quite into technology, I'm happy with my purchase, considering that it's a good price, However it still has a long way to go to be a full SMART TV.
on 8 April 2013
Bought a previously returned item. TV was as new and worked perfectly out of the box. Picture is superb and sound much better than expected. Does take a while to turn on and to get program guide but not really an issue. For the money this is an exceptional bargain
on 29 April 2013
Ok I bought this from JOHN LEWIS -they price matched the same from Richer Sounds for only £469 ( and would have to pay £49 more for 5 year guarrentee)Because John Lewis had same model for £649 -I got refunded £180 and got free delivery and free 5 years cover -so checkout [...] - send the link to John Lewis and grab a deal!!
Overal the machine is great -clear picture,3 D feature is active- yes it's got Satelite input so you get more free channels in HD
Sound is average, so had to use headphones out socket to link to stereo -disappointed that there was no additional audio out (although the digital sound socket is there)
Recommend the TV -it's large with s thin bezel and clear and bright!
and I got it cheaper with a 5 year guarentee!!
on 28 January 2013
what a bargain this was i looked everywhere and this was by far the cheapest it does everything a far more expensive tv does
on 3 August 2012
Bought this 46" TV to replace our 42" Philips TV. The slim aluminium effect frame really makes the picture jump out at you; the frame on the Philips was so thick that the overall size of the Toshiba is smaller than the Philips even though the screen is 4" bigger.

I haven't tested the 3D - I bought this TV for all its other features and the Toshiba reputation, and it hasn't disappointed.
Neither have I used the Net TV / Smart TV function because I feed everything to this TV through an Xbox 360 acting as a Windows Media Centre extender, so the Xbox performs all the broadcast and Net TV functions I neeed.

Highly recommended. Toshiba quality / price ratio can't be beaten!
on 14 May 2013
Great TV met all expectations. Clear picture and fantastic slim shape for wall mounting. Very light weight.
Not really tested 3D abilities yet as there is little to view in 3D! Stand is also very stylish but not using it. Very good value and service - very little waiting time. Screen could have been better protected in transit as box torn in front of it. Fortunately not damaged. Would highly recommend for the price.
on 11 April 2013
Great TV brilliant picture wonderful H D just a pity the 3D glasses are so expensive. Am saving up for them.
Delivery was super quick. The delivery driver was in a hurry to deliver ASAP so he called me and said - be at home when i come :). Can't complain. The TV is awesome. Blu-ray and HD videos are a treat to the eye. Sound is a bit on the lower side but for a TV so slim, one shouldn't complain about the lack of a powerful speaker. I'm very satisfied and would recommend the seller too.