5.0 out of 5 stars Great for very slim calves!
Published on 10 May 2010 by Batman007

2.0 out of 5 stars Not my favourite Fly boot
Read all the reviews but thought they looked great in the pic and would give them a try. The colour wasn't to my liking - they were a dirty brown. Shape resembles a Wellington boot but the main disaster was the calf width, if you're a 40cm calf (yes very big) then forget it. I will continue to buy Fly because all my other boots and shoes are fantastic.
Published on 20 Nov. 2012 by ShirleyM

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for very slim calves!, 10 May 2010
Was looking for an every day jeans boot that would also be good with skirts. These are perfect. They are not too high heeled to make one's leg ache (I'm a Mum and need sensible heels!) but have just enough to make them feminine. I love the thin elasticated strip at the back to keep them from bagging after wearing jeans. I have very slim calves and have found it hard to find long boots that fit snug around my calf and didn't look awful when wearing a skirt. These are brilliant, they are meant for slim calves and ankles... plus they are ultra comfy, right from the start. I never had to 'wear them in' like other shoes/boots. They are a great buy too and I would recommend them to anyone looking for a casual everyday boot that can be dressed up.

5.0 out of 5 stars well worth the money, 12 Mar. 2010
O. Spencer (North Lincs, England) - See all my reviews
I saw these boots and wanted them straight away, but to be honest the cost did put me off buying them (I'm rather tight when it comes to forking out cash!!!) Anyway, eventually I could resist them no more and paid the price. They arrived the next day and as soon as I opened the box it was love at first sight! I put them on and they felt wonderful, so soft, yet sturdy too. I cannot fault these boots at all! So much so that I forked out even more cash and bought another pair of Fly London boots!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Classy, comfortable, vseratile, 21 Oct. 2009
Mrs. L. M. Pharoah "Mrs Phez1" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
These boots are fantastic. Perfect for those with slimmer calves. Colour more khaki than tan but look and feel great.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant boots for the slender, 22 Mar. 2012
STYLE: These boots are super, nice quality leather and a great design, as you would expect from Fly London. The low heel is comfortable without being completely flat and they can be dressed up or down. The sole is a harder material than the rubber used on the Mol and seems to give better grip in the wet, so far.
SHOE SIZE:The sizing is accurate- my usual shoe size is UK 6 when I'm wearing thin-ish socks, and a 6 in these boots is a good fit, so although other reviewers think they are sized bigger than they are I have not found this to be so.
WIDTH: The foot is slightly narrower and the calf slightly wider than the Fly Mol,but still a good fit on my slim 14" calves, not tight but not too loose either, and very comfortable on the feet. I do have very slender ankles though, and the boots could be a more snug fit here, although they are perfectly wearable and a far better fit than any other brands I have tried.
HEIGHT: I am 5'7" and have quite long legs so the boots stop about 2" below my knee but it's not a problem. I've noticed a lot of boots seem to be designed that way- although the foot size increases, the leg length doesn't necessarily increase pro rata, in fact I've never had a pair that come right up to my knees.
OPINION: I like these boots so much that I would happily buy them in every colour (well, maybe not the Brandy!), and they were a great buy as they were described on Amazon as used, having been tried on in a shop and the box and tags lost, but they arrived next-day at no extra charge and were in new condition, complete with box and tags, for £51 instead of £140.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not my favourite Fly boot, 20 Nov. 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor quality boots, 19 Jan. 2013
I bought these boots in November and was delighted with them at first. They look really well and are extremely comfortable. They also go equally well with skirts and trousers. Unfortunately, I'm now in the process of returning them because the sole has come away from the upper on the right foot after very little wear. The quality of these boots is very poor and I am extremely disappointed. I am back to wearing my inelegant two-year old doctor martin's which, while not nearly as sytlish, are at least are sturdy!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality boots at a great price, 16 Mar. 2013
S. Vavoula - See all my reviews
I purchased these Fly Mistry boots, when they were on offer at a third of the retail price, making them extremely good value. I got them in dark brown and the leather is wonderful - really supple and a good quality. I've had similar Fly boots, but in a short style, for over three years and they are still going strong - so I'm certain these long boots will be the same. They feel comfortable from the first wear and are rugged enough for bad weather but smart enough to be dressed up too. I can wear these boots all day long - they're like slippers. The length is great for me - I'm 5'2 and they finish just below my knee.

They are very slim fitting however, and it's quite difficult to do them up when wearing them with skinny jeans tucked in, hence the four star rating. This might improve over time, when the elastic insert stretches a bit more. However, when worn with thick tights and a skirt, they are perfect! I would recommend them to anyone with slim legs, looking for a comfortable pair of winter boots that will last for years. I use dubbin on them from time to time to keep the leather soft, supple and waterproof.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely quality, 27 Oct. 2011
There have been so many reviews about how wonderful this pair of boots are,so I will try not to just repeat the same things. A number of reviews say that they are on the big side, and that was why I got the smaller size when I am between sizes. But, I do have a wide-ish foot, and because of that, the boot did feel a bit tight at first. When I first got them, they arrived in the afternoon, I wore them that night out, and my wider foot felt uncomfortable all night. But, the next time I wore them was a cooler day, and I wore them from the early morning and they felt fine! The picture of the 'black' ones is not very good as they show the shoe to be, which is rather rough and grainy - but in reality(well, the ones I received) they are really nice and smooth(like the picture for the 'Antracite' colour(what is that colour anyway???)
I will repeat that it is for the skinny calfed women - I am already considered skinny(167cm, 53kgs)and the calf part is snug for me, and it does crease a little at the ankle- wouldn't try to squeeze jeans in them, but I do love them with dresses and skirts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic boot!, 19 Jan. 2013
I was prompted to write this review as I am starting to look for a replacement black boot after 3 years of wearing a pair of the Fly London Mistry boots. I thought I might try a different pair of boots, however, I have come back to these! These boots are only for the slender of calf but aside from that, they are fantastic in every way. They look lovely - they are smart, slim, flattering and, although they are a simple design, I got looks and was frequently asked where I got them. They are totally waterproof and extremely comfortable. I have worn them for work almost every day (although not to and from work as I cycle) for three years and they are only now starting to feel a little worn - inside they are not so comfortable any more. However, I will be taking them to my local cobblers to see if I can keep them a bit longer. Highly recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great style, terrible fit, 7 Dec. 2012
S. Barber - See all my reviews
I really liked the look of these boots, but it's the third pair of long Fly boots I've purchased and the third I've returned. The fit around the ankle is all wrong - it's loose and, in the words of my 10 year old daughter, makes the boots look like wellies. I have got slim feet but I imagine the cut of this boot is going to cause lots of people problems.