5.0 out of 5 stars loved by my daughter
My daughter read this in two days and loved it. She is now desperate to read bks 2 and 3 when they are published. I would highly recommend it for an able reader, the book includes illustrations and doodles like a real diary. My daughter kept reading funny bits out to me. It's good to see a book bring so much pleasure to a young reader.
Published on 26 Mar 2010 by PD

3.0 out of 5 stars Dork Diaries
I think this book is a good read.
It was hilarious. I would recommend it to the pre teen girls.
Published 19 months ago by Gracie

5.0 out of 5 stars loved by my daughter, 26 Mar 2010
PD (London, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)

5.0 out of 5 stars dork dairies, 23 Aug 2012
This review is from: Dork Diaries (Kindle Edition)
dork dairies is dairy of whimpy kid girl style i only read jw books but my cousin (8 yrs) said these where good books and 2 try em so i did

its good this book BUT try a sample 2 c if u like it

reviewer: Sarah Scott (10 yrs and 10 months)

4.0 out of 5 stars Dork Diaries, 1 Feb 2010
Jenny, Wondrous Reads (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Dork Diaries (Paperback)
I'm nowhere near the target age for this book, but I absolutely loved it! It's such an enjoyable read, with very funny dialogue and brilliant artwork, which is drawn by Rachel Renee Russell herself. While reading Nikki's diary entries, I cringed, I laughed out loud, and I relived a few of my own disastrous school days as a 14-year-old. Traumatising, I know.

Dork Diaries chronicles Nikki Maxwell's experiences at a new school, through notes, daily diary entries, doodles and drawings. Her embarrassing stories are there for everyone to read (and see!), as well as her feud with mean girl MacKenzie and crush on budding photographer Brandon. Her new best friends Chloe and Zoey -- self-confessed bookworms -- are great supporting characters, and provide Nikki with some much needed life advice.

Russell has her writing spot-on when it comes to her target market, with lots of teen slang, believable scenarios and contemporary references. Oh, and anyone who can make a poem ('The Biology of my Heartbreak') about a dead frog make me laugh for ten minutes deserves a comedy award. Of course, there's room for improvement: more character development, less use of capitals and no algebra problems (eurgh!) would be top of my list, though these minor complaints are nothing to write home about.

As the front of the book says, it's Diary of a Wimpy Kid for girls, but it also reminded me of a US version of Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging. It's almost as funny, and definitely just as awkward. I loved the format, I loved the artwork, I loved the story, and I can't wait for Dork Diaries: Party Time, which is published later in the year.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dork Diaries - my review, 16 Aug 2013
This review is from: Dork Diaries (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed the book . It was inspiring and funny . I recommend it for teenage girls (11-14) . Explains the difficulties of secondary schools .

3.0 out of 5 stars Dork Diaries, 8 May 2013
This review is from: Dork Diaries (Kindle Edition)
I think this book is a good read.
It was hilarious. I would recommend it to the pre teen girls.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dork Diaries, 5 Jan 2013
This review is from: Dork Diaries (Kindle Edition)
I read the whole series in 3 days, I was glued to it!
(I'm a fast reader too!)
Eventhough I am probably too old for these books, I would recommend
them to any 9-14 year old girl!

4.0 out of 5 stars fun reading! Bridget jones for kids!, 19 Sep 2011
This review is from: Dork Diaries (Paperback)
My daughter who is 9 really enjoys reading this series...I think it's all a bit silly but maybe a Bridget Jones for young girls! light reading is still reading so she can keep on reading!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but short, 2 Dec 2014
This review is from: Dork Diaries (Kindle Edition)
This book was funny and very realistic as it had very real life situations and feelings, the main character, nikki, is a strong character to "sometimes" look up to! If there was one thing I didn't like about it, it was length, it didn't take me long to read and I was expecting an epilogue or something, but "short and sweet" is the right way to describe it! :)
Robyn age 11

5.0 out of 5 stars dork diaries, 9 Nov 2014
Dawn (MERSEYSIDE. UK) - See all my reviews
I rate this 5 star because it was totally worth it
I like this book because it is suitable for kids aged 9 and up and it is a little repetitive
It has real life problems in it
And it is also about how she fits in at school
Nikki is totally my type
And it doesn't matter if her dad does bug ex terminations or no

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, 11 July 2014
This review is from: Dork Diaries (Kindle Edition)
I bought this book for my daughter and read it fits to see what it was like and it was hilarious.It got her reading and she loves all of these dork diaries .

Dork Diaries