5.0 out of 5 stars Snappy little cover!!
Published on 28 April 2012 by MARANG

2.0 out of 5 stars Not too smart
The great thing of smart covers is that they are fully functional. Unfortunately magnets in this cover are not too good and the iPad may fall when inclined
Published 8 months ago by Mavenick

5.0 out of 5 stars Snappy little cover!!, 28 April 2012
This review is from: Red Ultra-Thin Smart Cover Case Magnetic Protective Flip Skin Case Stand, with Auto Sleep and Wake Sensor for Skin for Apple iPad 2 (2011) 2nd generation iPad 3 "The New iPad Retina Display" 3rd Generation 4th Generation 2012 (Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi + 3G + 4G) 16GB 32GB 64GB (Personal Computers)
Hummed & ha'd ... spend 35 on a cover direct from Apple or go for this product? I made the right decision, cover arrived within 2 days, been using it for a month now and very happy with it. Looks pretty smart, it works, stays attached to to my iPad so all in all very pleased + saved almost 30 on not buying the Apple store version ;-) I might even buy another one in a different colour!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very close to the original, 11 Sep 2012
I wanted a smart cover to replace my smart-case as I felt it was smothering the iPad a bit.

As I'd already shelled out 39 on the smart-case I didn't want to throw another 35 after a smart cover so I opted for an after-market item.

I must say I was expecting something similar but this is very close to perfect. There are some very slight differences. Perhaps the quality of the fabric isn't as good as the official product and the smudge-cleaning backing certainly but it works almost exactly like the official product.

I think in time I'll see more creases in the fabric than that of the official product and it's not as flush a fit either but for a fiver this is outstanding value. I'm very very pleased.

One thing that surprised me was the 'Designed by Apple. Made in China' print on the back. That would categorise the cover as 'knock-off' rather than 'after-market' but I don't mind.

The only significant difference I've found is that the maglock sometimes snaps to the spine of the maglock itself. This never happened with the official product; presumably Apple used a non-magnetic spine in the official one but it's not a drama.

5.0 out of 5 stars Satisfying cover and customer service!, 7 July 2012
I am incredibly satisfied with the cover I purchased, but even more so with the buying experience. The first cover I bought was shipped immediately, however after using it for about a week I realised the bottom magnet wasn't quite working properly. I contacted the seller and they responded within minutes giving me instructions on how to send the item back and very polite apologies for the inconvenience. I sent the item back and got a replacement right away that is absolutely perfect! Was a bit hesitant to buy this cover at first because it costs so much less than the iPad covers sold in the Apple store and I was sure the quality would be much lower, but it's everything I wanted it to be! I highly recommend this product for any iPad owners who don't want to pay 50 or more for a cover, because the sellers are incredibly helpful and efficient and the cover is definitely worth more than the low price they sell it for.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice and slim, 24 July 2013
maximus (manchester, uk) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Lovely red colour, fits snugly, and thinner than other similar flip magnetic covers. Two small issues, the felty inside lining picks up stains if your hands and surfaces aren't pristine clean, and the hinges start losing their silver sheen and show scratches a bit too soon. But it is very inexpensive so ... Can't grumble

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 11 Aug 2012
This magnetic cover has proved to be as good as the ones sold in Apple Stores at almost 3 times the price. I am delighted. Well worth the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good alternative to the Apple product, 4 Oct 2012
ME (Bournemouth, UK) - See all my reviews
Husband has an Apple smart cover on his ipad so I can compare directly and they seem very costly for what they are. I was hung up on getting a red cover and no way I was going to pay a silly price for a red leather one especially when I read about the leather marking, so thought I'd try this. Now I can add to the good reviews. Yes it is not the same quality as Apple's but it does the job perfectly well. It only comes off if I am yanking it out of a bag where it is crammed with other stuff. The magetic close works to put the ipad to sleep. It sits a bit loosely on the first fold from the magnetic clip but that is a very minor issue - probably where I tried to turn it into a stand but I don't want it for that as have separate stand/charger. I am chuffed to bits with it for the price. I heartily recommend this cover. Arrived reasonably fast too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, excellent price, 10 Mar 2014
Arrived quickly and works perfectly. quality is good, but probably won't last as long as an official one - however, when you consider the cost it is excellent. Very happy.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not too smart, 2 Jan 2014

2.0 out of 5 stars magnet not very strong, 31 Dec 2013
Iamjbo (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Was ok at first but now the magnet hinge detaches from the iPad very easily now, and in the stand position its not very stable

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking case, 10 Oct 2013
Excellent as a Screen Protector, cannot go wrong for the extremely cheap price!!!

Even turns your device On n OFF...