on 9 July 2012
I was really excited about getting this product for my old 305 as I felt it was just what the filter needed. Wanting to trap very small particles in the first/lowest basket after passing through the main foam I ordered this product. I think made for the new 306 range, it also fits absolutely perfectly into the 305. It has a pleasing density that should trap a lot of debris, and is supposed to aid bacteria colonies also.

I've not been running with it long but so far so good. I had hoped to say how much cleaner the tank is now, but not sure I can really tell any difference, but it is still early days. It doesn't seem to trap as much as the polishing pads, but being dark its harder to tell on rinsing how much crud it has collected. It is much sturdier than the polishing pads and should last for years.

I like this, and intend to keep it as a permanent inhabitant of the lower 305 media baskets. Only downside is I wonder if the flow rate through the filter has perhaps been a bit reduced compared to my previous media arrangements. Otherwise, all good.
on 24 May 2015
Good value for genuine Fluval product. Quick delivery.