on 3 July 2012
If you have a Bosch pfz 500e and want to prune trees (ie "green" wood) then you need these blades.

There are two in the pack (not obvious from description).

They will cut upto about 10cm diameter easily, and upto about 15cm with a bit of patience and a bit of rocking back and forth. I've demolished most of a 30 foot leylandii with my first blade, with several 10-15cm cuts and dozens of other branches, and it still seems sharp.
on 29 September 2014
I didn't think my new Bosch PFZ 500E was worth the money until I bought these blades. The blades you get with it are obviously for thin softer wood and it takes as much effort, if not more, as using a hand saw. After getting these blades, it has changed the saw completely. I just made light work of a dozen or so 10-15cm thick diameter/ 8ft long branches. Not sure why they don't supply this blade with the saw in the first place.....
on 3 October 2012
These are great value. I have cut branches of my trees up to 20 cms thick. BUT YOU MUST LET THE SAW DO THE WORK. Use both hands on your saw and move the saw forwards and backwards slowly, and don't forget, to clean the blade after you have finished. Before storing, rub a little bit of oil on your blade, and clean dust from the saw.
on 25 October 2012
I was tempted by the cheaper saws available but in the end went for this one after reading reviews. I obviously can't comment on the others - but this is fantastic. I'm so pleased with it. It took me a couple of moments to realize that although it's powered I still need to do a sawing action and then I was away! I bought it specifically to cut thick Lelandia trunks and it's sawed through even the fattest with ease - in fact it didn't handle the think ones so well because they vibrated with the blade rather than got cut by it. I did buy a couple of proper wood blades for the job and have used it extensively and am still on the original blade. I've also used it for smaller odd tasks around the garden and house and everything I've tried it's done well. Highly recommended.
on 12 March 2013
Genuine Bosch part in fact these are a pack of two which is not stated. A very good price for a quality product and the delivery was also faster than expected.
on 5 June 2015
I got my Bosch PFZ500E reciprocating saw with the express purpose of trimming some tree branches of up to about 4" diameter. The saw itself comes with a wood cutting blade which is intended for finer cuts. Though a trial showed it to be very capable of cutting branches I thought it preferable to get the blade designed for that purpose.
I first made the mistake of getting the wrong type of bade. The PFZ500E has a quick blade release mechanism and needs the correct blade type to fit it. If the blade does not have a 'blunt end' the same as those which come with the saw, or look exactly the same as in the photo of these blades, then they are the wrong type, and will not fit.
These blades seem a tad expensive compared with those designed for other Bosch saws, but at least they will fit! And, as there are two blades in a pack, they are half the price one might have imagined.

As for effectiveness, it made fairly quick work of the half dozen branches I've cut so far - branches between 2" and 4" diameter - including cutting them into short logs. Not as quick as a chain saw, but it feels a lot safer, and is certainly much quicker and less hard work than a hand saw. The blade I used still feels as sharp as the unused blade, so I would think there's plenty of wear left in it. A good buy.
on 11 August 2013
Really good blade, the whole Bosch saw makes cutting down trees so easy and quick. Good value for the two blades in the pack. Arrived quickly and packaged well.
on 20 March 2013
The PF is a great saw and these blades really cut nicely, I have been mostly using them on salvage timber and found they work well
on 24 June 2013
These are fine quality blades and are lasting very well so far under heavy use. I'll buy more - if ever these two wear out !!!
on 4 June 2014
Got these to further cut up logs to fit in log burning stove as blades that come with saw aren't suitable. Does the job within the power limitations of the saw but just as well you get two blades in the pack as is considerably more expensive than other reciprocating saw blades.