5.0 out of 5 stars Best Home Renovation Software I have ever used
I purchased Visual Building Basic direct from the company's website a few weeks ago, to visualise some renovation work I am carrying out on my home.

It's a great piece of software that's easy to get into and you can get some great results fast. It only took an hour to visualise a fairly complex room, which highlights it's ease of use.
I found the video...
Published on 4 April 2012 by S Glover

1.0 out of 5 stars clunky and non intuative
Published 6 months ago by Glass90land

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Home Renovation Software I have ever used, 4 April 2012
This review is from: Visual Building Basic (DVD-ROM)

I found the video tutorials on the company's website to be very useful when dealing with more complicated tasks.

In summary, it's great value for money, easy to use and gives very professional results.Visual Building Basic

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice bit of software, 6 April 2012
This review is from: Visual Building Basic (DVD-ROM)
Thought I would try out this software and was very impressed.

Very easy to use, especially with using the tutorials.

Still getting the hang of all the features, but so far so good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great - but, 11 Jun. 2013
P. Foster "Weird Fish" (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Visual Building Basic (DVD-ROM)
I've been using CAD for years since before AutoCAD started using Years in the name of its products.
Thanks to Kevin McCloud and Sarah Beeny most people expect to see a walk through 3d model these days if you do house plans for them. There is a bit of a learning curve if you have used other CAD products before but this does reward you with some great 3d models.
The but in the title comes from a personal point of view and is mainly because I was expecting to just be able to jump in and use it. A bit naive I know but as I said I have been using other CAD products for years.
Overall though definitely worth its price tag and if you put a bit of time in to learn how to use it properly (there are loads of how to videos on the company website) you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Service, 23 July 2013
This review is from: Visual Building Basic (DVD-ROM)
Contacted several companies regarding floor plans for my business. Out of all companies Les at Visual Building was by far the most helpful. There are a range of options with support available and they really do put their competitors to shame. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent software and support, 19 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Visual Building Basic (DVD-ROM)
I was a bit concerned only to have a pdf file and no printed manual at first, but this concern soon passed after discovering the many free tutorial videos available. I was able to quickly get up and running after watching the videos and when i did have a few questions, these were quickly answered by Visual Buildings technical support people. Very fast response within a few minutes.
I have previously used several other home design software tools, and they were either USA origin and the styles and terms used were different to my needs, or the software was old and slow. Visual Building was better than anything else that i have ever used and i wished i had tried it earlier, saving myself a lot of time and money.
Try the software, try the videos, try the support and see for yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Intuitive software, 4 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Visual Building Basic (DVD-ROM)
Been using this product to visualise my properties extention and also to create my own building regs. Really intuitive lots of free support on the forum and video tutorials.
(Had a demo at the HB show).

5.0 out of 5 stars I recommend working through the tutorial and reading the instruction manual ..., 19 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Visual Building Basic (DVD-ROM)
I started with this Basic level, and did 95% of what I needed with it before upgrading to Professional for a few bits. Having given it five stars, let's get the downside out of the way. To get the most out of this very capable package, you have to invest time in learning it. If you want to do a few simple models (perhaps a building exterior only or a kitchen) you can read the sections you want from the documentation, and find a Youtube video for most things you might want to do, but the more time you invest in learning the easier your project will go. For a full project, I recommend working through the tutorial and reading the instruction manual from front to back - time well invested. Print it out and make notes in the margin will help too. Tech support is excellent - very responsive and endlessly helpful.
I started with zero experience, and now have comprehensive models of the house as it is, as we want the extended interiors to look and how the exterior will look. From this, we employed a consultant to get planning permission for us, and supplied floor plane and exterior views. The first draft came back with 17 errors, and we were able to quickly and easily point out the errors without any argument or ambiguity. If we choose to, we are now in a position to dispense with plans for building regulations and work under a Building Notice (UK terms), potentially saving £3,550,

1.0 out of 5 stars clunky and non intuative, 2 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Visual Building Basic (DVD-ROM)
Almost, I'd rather use a Microsoft product, at £50 this is going to be used by casual users, so should be simple and intuitive, but it is so awkward it is unbelievable, this is typified by the geometric stair constructor upon which I have just wasted a good 2 hours of my time, and yes I watched the videos. If you go to the website of someone who sells stairs, you can define any stair arrangement in a matter of seconds, so Visual Building, if you read your this review, go to one of these and learn a lesson

2.0 out of 5 stars Not enough help or information on Visual Building Basic, 26 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Visual Building Basic (DVD-ROM)
The software is limited for step by step help or demo's. For any person who purchases this to design plans for there home, like myself, you could spend a lot of time simply trying to work and understand the software.
It needs more step by step help or easier functions. The Google 3d design works much easier but is more costly.
I would like to have an up grade with easier functions on how to use it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 1 Mar. 2015