Price:£3.26+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on 16 August 2012
I am very pleased with this product in every respect. I have two kids with LeapPad tablets, and I was "burning" money on batteries. This product was long overdue, but is perfect for our needs.
on 16 October 2012
This is a much better option than batteries for the LeapPad. It is long enough to allow for moving around when sat on a table/chair etc. My little girl doesn't mind this as she's only 4 but I would imagine when she gets older she will want the leapPad to be portable.
on 29 November 2012
Definitely need this if you have a leap pad especially when downloading the Apps. I got through 2 sets of batteries setting up the Leappad. Get the charger and no problem saves the battery life. Does not charge the Leappad you have to keep the charger plugged in whilst using the Leappad. But a good purchase
on 28 June 2013
The adaptor is definitely needed as batteries do not last that long. Although to use the adaptor I was surprised you still have to have batteries in and some life in them otherwise the adaptor will not work on its own which is ridiculous.
on 6 June 2013
This is only an adapter not a charger - but does the job and better than nothing. Would be far better if the product came with a charger/adapter in the first place.
on 20 September 2013
I bought this adaptor along with a leap pad 2 for my sons birthday. Thinking as it was a leap frog adaptor it would do the job. unfortunately 3 months after purchase it has a loose connection and turns the leap pad off if it is moved even slightly. Have since bought a new adaptor ABC products and it is cheaper also. Do not buy !!!!
on 22 February 2013
I brought this AC mains plug to be used with my daughter's new leappad 2 as an alternative to batteries as I had found from reviews that the leappad2 drains batteries.

This plug seemed the ideal soloution and for awhile it was but after just 2 months it does not work very well. When plugged into the leappad 2 at the mains it keeps disconnecting constantly for the past 2 weeks. I have done trouble shooting to see if the problem was of some other origin, I had repaired the leappad 2 on the leappad application but the problem still continued. I put batteries into the leappad 2 and it worked fine without disconnecting. I then attached the leappad 2 again to the ac mains and once again it kept disconnecting, again I put batteries back in and again the leappad is working fine so I know it is not the leappad2. Bit disappointed that after just 2 months it no longer works.
on 25 February 2013
I think that Leapfrog should include this adapter and a battery pack that you can recharge with the Leapad, as my son goes through his Leapad batteries like lightning, and it's inevitable you are going to need one or other or both. At the time I ordered this adapter, I couldn't get one of the (really expensive) rechargeable battery packs anywhere online or off, so opted for this adapter, as I thought at least my son could use it sitting near to a power source. It has worked fine as an emergency back up when we've run out of batteries in the house!
on 23 March 2013
After having bought 2 non-Leapfrog adapters I was glad to see there was a Leapfrog adapter available. The previous ones unplugged so easily to great dismay of my 4 year old lil' girl. Sheer frustration every time her Leappad 1 shut down as soon as it moved. This one isn't as sturdy and fixed as I'd hoped for but it does the trick for now as long as she doesn't move too much. Wish Leapfrog supplied us with a rechargeable Leappad from the start as I certainly never would have bought Leappad1 now the rechargeable Leappad2 is out.
on 25 July 2013
Great adapter! Though the children lose some sense of mobility, it keeps them engaged without the fear of perpetual flat batteries. Recommended!