4.0 out of 5 stars Clear, Crisp and Bright - What More Could You Want?
Published on 27 Aug. 2012 by Jack Percival

2.0 out of 5 stars Superb picture, worst sound.
Superb picture, worst sound. Buy this TV without any thought if you are going to run the sound through another system. Otherwise you have an amazing picture and rubbish sound.
Published on 7 Feb. 2013 by PaulD

4.0 out of 5 stars Clear, Crisp and Bright - What More Could You Want?, 27 Aug. 2012
Jack Percival (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
From the moment you get this TV out the box you can see that they've tried to pack every feature you expect from a modern TV and more into the package. Upgrading from a Sony Bravia that had limited internet capabilities and no 3D I was enthused by the choice and the differences in this set in both the functionality and the picture quality. Gone is the wide border using up useful screen estate while adding little to the sound quality and in comes picture definition and more connectors than I can find what to do with (given the built in functionality). THe remote is easy to use and while it could have a more quality feel it doesn't have a the delayed response that I've experienced with one of my older sets.

So what about the 3D? Where this really comes alive is in watching sport where the depth really does add to the viewing experience. How far out was that cross court shot? Are they really going that quickly? As I began to watch this summers sporting action I was sceptical over how much the third dimension would have but now all I can say is make sure you've got enough (comfortable) glasses as everyone will be round to watch your system soon. The addition of catch up TV content is certainly welcome as is the included wireless networking, although I still found myself hard wiring the set using a Powerline set that was left over from my previous tv in order to get the best wireless and even still its not quite as good as the ease of use and recording facility I get from my Humax DTR-T1000 YouView Digital TV Recorder but good it is all the same - the additional apps are useful. The only other criticism I can have of the unit (and I believe this applies to many 3D TVs) is that the picture is often a little bright. This is probably due to wanting it to be at the right level when wearing the glasses but has led to me adjusting the brightness at times when changing between 2D and 3D content.

So am I pleased I made the step into the third dimension? The answer is most definitely yes as even without the 3D this TV is fantastic - it delivers one of the best picture qualities I've seen and more additional functionality than you could ever need.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic telly, 5 May 2012
The picture is awesome, it's really easy to set up and connect to the internet and the 3D picture is excellent. Certainly no headaches here.

Considering 90% of what you watch will be in 2D rather than 3D, it's the original picture that is most important and it is really clear and precise. With four HDMI slots everything connected to it, be it Sky, Blu-ray or games consoles, will have the clearest picture possible.

I can't recommend this television highly enough, it really is like being at your own personal cinema.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony got everything right!, 23 July 2012
The Truth "How it is" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
After a month or so of owning this set I am now ready to tell you all about how incredible it is. Its styling, picture quality and 3D effect are all stunning.

The set itself looks beautiful. Its sleek design couldn't really be any thinner and all the buttons and features are seamlessly integrated into its design. There is a thin silver border around the edge which sets off the black of the screen nicely and matches its classy but equally simple stand.

The picture quality is incredible. The colours are rich and vibrant and when watching Blurays in HD, I have to say, it's as good as or if not, better, than my old 50" Plasma screen. In fact, I think this really does have the edge. The sound is the only weakness when watching a film and, although acceptable, it would be well worth splashing out on a separate speaker package to make the most of your viewing experience.

When it comes to the set 3D abilities I am very impressed. I watched my first 3D film on the set over the weekend, Underworld Awakening in 3D, and was blown away (almost literally) as flames and shrapnel burst forth from the screen! The 3 dimensional picture has real depth and clarity to it, working on 3 planes if you like: As well as the normal depth of field where, lets say, the picture sits level with the TV's screen, you also get real depth backwards into the background of the picture, and imaging outside the screen too - when the picture seems to fly forth into your face. I found myself ducking on several occasions and, having seen Avatar 3D at the cinema and being distinctly unimpressed, I was amazed at how much better the 3D worked here.

As I have to wear specs when watching the TV, I was slightly worried that I wouldn't be able to wear the 3D glasses. But I needn't have worried - although I looked slightly silly, my prescription specs sat under the big black 3D glasses comfortably and I managed to enjoy the 3D aspects of the set without any problems... I was please to report that the 3D was easy on the eyes too. After watching Avatar in 3D at the cinema I suffered painful headaches for days - but this time, my eyes didn't feel strained at all. The 3D glasses charge via a small cable attached, out of sight, to the left hand side of the set itself.

This TV is a quality set. You can tell the minute you take it out the box. The look of it, its sleek design all scream real class - even the way the volume level appears on screen (using the remote brings up a little blue comet to depict the volume level rather than the usual ugly green bars of most TV sets) looks super cool. Everything about this set feels like its been thought about long and hard so it would look incredible and work right. And if that's what Sony wanted to achieve they got everything right!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another superb Sony product, 24 Aug. 2012
Peter M. Dutton (uk) - See all my reviews
This Sony tv has an excellent picture and the sound quality is very good. It was delivered promptly and was easy to install. We changed from a 26'' to 32. Our lounge is small but this tv is not obtrusive in any way. I can highly recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, 7 July 2012
I was looking for an upgrade for my bedroom TV from a Samsung 22" screen to a 32" - the choices seemed infinite, but I decided that as I already have a 40" Bravia in my living room and loving it, I decided I'd go for another Bravia.

Initially I went for a KDL32EX310 - the price was nice and although I had my doubts about the 50hz refresh rate, I bought it. I was initially impressed with the TV right up until I actually tried watching a bluray movie - there was notible blurring on fast moving things. With games consoles I found the same problem - blurring. In fact after a while it started to give me a headache.

I wasn't convinced the TV was defective so I decided I'd try and sell it on and get another model - something with a 100hz refresh rate. That's when I came across this TV.

The price was a lot more than the previous set but the specification blew it away - twice as many HDMI ports, 3D and with a 400hz refresh rate - so I pulled out my battered credit card once again and bought it.

Delivery was as per the norm with Amazon - brilliant. Was delivered very quickly and with no damage.

Setup was a doddle - everything was detected, the only thing I had to do was enter my wireless network settings.

Ok - so now I'm at the point when I'm going to try it with movies and the consoles - put in a bluray movie (the same one I tested the previous set on) and it was noticibly less blurry - the picture was very sharp and clear. Tried it with the PS3 - wow! I've never seen a sharper picture - the PS3 detected it was a 3D capable screen straight away. The Xbox 360 picture was also very sharp - tried a couple of games and it's great - no blurring at all. I would say though that I found the scene 'auto' setting was better for games as I did notice a little blur when I changed the scene to 'game' - weird.

My computers detected the TV on the network and I can stream media to the TV with no problems at all.

I'm not too sold on the menu system tho - it seems a little outdated and I think could have been done better.

I'm also not too keen on the stand - you can't tilt the display. If you want it tilted back you have to move a couple of screws on the back - I would have preferred to be able to tilt without having to do that. But in terms of looks I think it's a nicer, cleaner looking stand.

All in all though - I'm pretty happy with this set and (assuming it doesn't break down) I can see me hanging on to this for a while.

So - if you're like me and want a TV mainly for games & movies I would recommend this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony KDL46 HX753BU 46-inch TV, 25 May 2012
I did a lot of research before buying this TV, It arrived two days after ordering from Amazon. I found it easy to set up, it found my internet connection quickly,and via a new HDMI lead it found my Sky and Sony HD recorder. As with all thin TVs the sound is not good, speakers need to move air, and there is no room for good speakers in the cabinet. I bought a Sony surround system which is fantastic. As with all Sony gear the add ons are expensive The 3D spec's are around £50-00. I am 69 years old, and I hope to live many years longer to enjoy the £1500-00 I have just spent. Alan.

2.0 out of 5 stars Superb picture, worst sound., 7 Feb. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Television With Disappointing Sound., 30 Dec. 2012
Picture

The picture is fantastic, I haven't seen a better screen around than this one for its price. Watching sport on this TV is unbelievable with the high frequencies and motion rates this thing can produce. Very impressed.
This TV goes for £850 on Sony's website however managed to get it here for £690.

3D

The 3D on this TV is excellent, though the glasses are bulky I believe this to one of the best 3D Tv's on the market. 3D strength can be altered on this TV.

Aesthetics/Design

Sony's televisions are the best looking TV's hands down, even more impressive when you have bought it and taken it out of the box. I like the fact the tv can tilt back and swivel from side to side, very handy feature. TV was extremely easy to assemble.

Sound

This is the only disappointing part of the TV. For watching TV, the sound is fine, however for watching movies or playing games I do recommend buying speakers to complement this excellent TV.

SMART Features

Yet to go through all the features as I own both consoles, however from what I have used I am impressed. HD free-view is fantastic, can record if you have an external hard drive. I also like that you can use your smart phone to control the TV.

Verdict

I have given this televisions 5 stars because I feel it is worth that for this price, yes the sound could be better but most of these new TV's have not got impressive speakers built in. If you are going to buy this TV, you should be prepared to buy some speakers, chances are that the speakers and the TV itself will be in your living room/bedroom a long time, I believe this TV to be future proof. I urge you to buy this reliable TV & brand, you will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great TV whether it's HD or SD, 2 Jan. 2013
This review is from: (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
I didn't buy this from Amazon but I am really happy with my purchase.

This TV has a great picture. In a world of increasing HD, oddly I was more focused on the SD performance as I use the TV with Sky piped through on co-axial cable rather than HDMI straight from a Sky Box.

It gives a good SD picture and when connected to a Apple TV3 or Blu-ray player the HD picture is exceptional.

I don't really mess around too much with the Smart TV interface which I don't find particularly intuitive when compared to Android or Apple operating systems. But then I didn't buy the TV for it's Smart TV features.

I have sound bars on my other TVs and yes you can really tell the difference but overall I find the sound on this TV to be fine for the purpose I use the TV (i.e. not a main cinema TV).

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful TV - but read on if you want to wall-mount, 15 Nov. 2012
Get Real "Butterfly_Brand" (Cambridge) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I wanted to update to an LCD TV and this really fit the bill. It is actually not a huge screen and is small than the plasma that I am relacing but still well worth it. Slim & light - so much lighter than my old plasma. The picture is great but you don't really see the full benefit until to turn on the backlight and then you get the crystal clear bright picture that you're look for.
Really easy to set up. Comes with a stand but I do not know anyone who puts this kind of TV on a stand so I wall mounted it. Now unless you have a Sony wall mount (which costs you an arm & a leg) the instuctions make it very unclear as to which size screws you need if you already have a wall mount fitted to your wall. For your benefit, and after some trial & error I can tell you that you will need 6mm X 15mm screws to attach this TV to an existing non-Sony wall mount. You will not find this info in the instructions.
This TV is internet enabled & comes pre-set with a whole load of sites which you can stream TV over the net. Some are pay channels like netflix & many are free and not ones I've heard of before so that was a bonus.
The 3D experience is awesome. If you've not seen it then get down to an electrical retailer - you'll be amazed.
A great TV for a reasonable price considering all its functions. I am loving it !

(Discontinued by Manufacturer)