4.0 out of 5 stars Free Kindle book
short short stories, well worth the cost. Seriously, well written stories with interesting background information. Liked it and will keep an eye out for more of his work.
Published on 30 Jun 2012 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Five well written short stories...
Five very short stories,

4.0 out of 5 stars Free Kindle book, 30 Jun 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Surprising Little Read!, 31 Aug 2012
Miss Sarah Monie "Sarah" (Derby) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Free Five (Kindle Edition)
Well, what can I say... I am not usually a lover of 'Horror' or flash fiction, but as this was free and I have only just started using Kindle, I gave it a go. I didn't even know if this author was a well known or a newbie, but his work is brilliant. It reminds my very much of the early Neil Gaiman stories found in Smoke and Mirrors and Fragile Things.

Excellent portrayal of atmosphere, character depth and that feeling of being totally immersed in a story, which is amazing to me as each of the five only run to 1000 words a piece.

Would love to read anything else he has written and recommend everyone give this one a go, you will be pleasantly surprised :) Very good writer, and very clever stories!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Flash Fiction, 9 Oct 2012
K. Power "Kit Power" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Free Five (Kindle Edition)
I'll be honest, I picked it up to try and get my head around 'flash fiction' - 1000 words or less short stories. I was very pleasantly surprised by this collection, a great variety of scenarios and 'voices' for a single author. The final story 'another oldie but goody' was very strong indeed, a real pleasure.
If you like short horror fiction, this one's well worth your time. Very rewarding.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 14 Feb 2014
This review is from: Free Five (Kindle Edition)
I think that's about as generous as I can be about this culmination of supposed short stories .I have just wasted an hour of what's left of my life,and I can not forgive the author for that

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantasic flash fiction, 1 Oct 2012
This review is from: Free Five (Kindle Edition)
This was my first time at reading flash fiction and also my first time reading this author. I'm not the biggest fan of short stories so I was doubtful I would enjoy this but it was free and I had 20 minutes to spare. I have to say I'll definitely be picking up some more flash fiction and I'll be looking for other work by the author too. I read this on the train in 20 minutes this morning and it felt like it past by in seconds. Five excellent stories and I loved reading the background on them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Human with a touch of the supernatural, 17 Sep 2012
This review is from: Free Five (Kindle Edition)
I'm an avid reader (devouring up to thousand books every year) and currently I'm keen on short story collections. I was delighted to stumble on this one, free. The stories are original, readable, slightly twisted and slightly macabre. For a free book, the standard of these stories is very high (in my opinion).

3.0 out of 5 stars Five well written short stories..., 13 Sep 2012
- I Spy with my little Eye
- Run, Rabbit , Run
- The Death He Expected
- Another Oldie but Goodie

Although very well written, I can't say that any of them jumped out at me or were exceptional enough to awaken my interest. I thought 'The Professional Crier' was a good concept, which could be interesting enough to develop into a longer story.
A lukewarm quick read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great quick reads, 17 Aug 2014
This review is from: Free Five (Kindle Edition)
For such short stories these were surprisingly enjoyable. All different and all interesting. Each could easily be expanded to become more detailed as the downside was as soon as you became interested and invested in the story, it ended.
I also liked the snippet after each story explaining where the ideas came from and how they were developed. An author with talent who will hopefully be producing some longer, more detailed books in the future. From one horror writer to another, I loved them!

4.0 out of 5 stars Short and not so sweet!, 15 July 2014
This review is from: Free Five (Kindle Edition)
Really enjoyed this collection of short stories, some more twisted than others but enjoyed all of them, really good read, well worth a look

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant stories, 9 Jun 2014
This review is from: Free Five (Kindle Edition)
five stars for these stories, imaginative and highly enjoyable and free, all good. check this book out well worth a look.

Free Five