5.0 out of 5 stars Understated Talent, 3 April 2012
Syriat - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Dear (Audio CD)
There aren't many pieces of music which make me sit up and take notice these days. Not instantly. But the hairs on the back of my neck raised when I heard You Don't Know How Lucky You Are. Its the sound of one man making music with his guitar and laying his heart on the line. Intense is an understatement. It is reminiscent of Josh T Pearson's efforts last year (except I prefer this). Sure its not happy - even Party Song song is downbeat. But it contains enough moments of brilliance to win you over. You keep coming back and whilst it may be a bit too much to listen to all the time (its dark), it really is rewarding, intimate and full of passion. So far removed from the Pop music of X-Factor and all the better for it.

This is an album for stereo's (the bass and space of it works with speakers). This is an album for headphones (the intimacy demands such a device to conduct the heartfelt moments intimately). This is an album which lingers (the keening voice and haunting melody will stay long beyond the last note). This is an album that deserves to be heard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and haunting-reminiscent of Damien Rice, 13 Feb 2011
H. Adams - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dear (Audio CD)
Heard the song called Sarah Minor today on Radio 2 and it had one of those rare effects of stopping me in my tracks.Its a wonderful harmony between lyrics, his voice and guitar..a very haunting combination. Im not sure how many tracks are on the album but I have discovered at least 4 other tracks(Oliver Dalston Browning, Nest, and Party song) via You Tube and Keaton's own website which are all of a similar ilk.
I have a feeling that today Keaton's debut album has just been launched into a the public stratosphere with no doubt success to follow. Well done Keaton- you are a talented artist.

4.0 out of 5 stars Emotion so raw it's still bleeding, 21 Nov 2012
Mr. A. J. Lawrence (Bristol, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dear (Audio CD)
Do you find Nick Drake's album Pink Moon a bit too upbeat and macho? Then this is the artist for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, only three reviews ??, 17 Jun 2012
This review is from: Dear (Audio CD)
This album is fantastic; I've not stopped listening to it for the last two months. There aren't many albums that get my attention straight away but this one sure did. I love every song on the disc but my highlights are Sarah Minor, Oliver Dalston Browning, small hands and flesh and bone.

Sure, it's certainly far from up-beat album and won't be to everybody's taste but well worth a listen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album, 18 Jan 2013
James (Cardiff, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dear (Audio CD)
Such a good album, very emotional.
I gave it as a present to my ex, as we both loved his songs, and we both enjoyed listening to it together once again, on different terms.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply stunning, 15 Jan 2013
This review is from: Dear (Audio CD)
One of my best buys of 2012, I truely adore it, such a stunning album, Keaton Henson has such a beautiful voice and the lyrics to all his songs have such meaning, well worth a buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dear, 10 Nov 2012
This review is from: Dear (Audio CD)
A beautiful album with feeling behind the words, Keaton Henson gives the album a few twists but as his first it's lovely :)

5.0 out of 5 stars A little secret gem..., 11 July 2012
This review is from: Dear (Audio CD)
Don't be put off by people saying that it's reminiscent of Damien Rice. It's not. So individual and haunghting... This guy I happened to find by accident and I am glad I did.
This album is a lovely.
If you care to imagine... him alone in a room just singing to himself because I can't imagine that this guy does many public appearances - I may be wrong.
OK, his sound, if anyone he reminds me a little of Jeff Buckley in parts but still unique. The album...there is not one bad track on this and is a repeat player... you won't get bored.
The album itself does manage to envigorate images... not many can do that whilst playing in the background. I want people to buy this. It is special. It is a beauty. It really is worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Genius!, 17 Jun 2014
This review is from: Dear (MP3 Download)
Not a word to throw around, but that is exactly what this all-round artist is. Not content with excelling in one medium, he amazes across the board. Who says polymaths are dead? Oh that I was half as talented as he...
Keep up the great work.

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice surprise, 3 Mar 2014
This review is from: Dear (Audio CD)
I purchased this product thinking it was a place mat! however I was pleasantly surprised and really enjoyed the CD.

Dear