5.0 out of 5 stars Very good for the price
I bought this on the basis of another shoppers review, and they weren't wrong.
Published on 24 Sept. 2012 by Sally Mo

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't even contemplate purchasing from this supplier!
Published 23 months ago by Mrs Jean Boys

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good for the price, 24 Sept. 2012
This review is from: 19" LCD TV DVD COMBI FREEVIEW (SAMSUNG SCREEN) (Electronics)
I bought this on the basis of another shoppers review, and they weren't wrong.
The tv comes with the base attached and it does not turn, but that's not really an issue. Set up is easy, and the quality of the screen is excellent. Good contrast and clarity. The sound isn't fantastic, it seems to come from speakers in the back of the tv but I've heard worse and for a bedroom set it's fine.
The dvd player works fine. It is noisy when it ejects/loads a disc but is silent once in and being used. I think it's just the loading mechanism.
The remote is really user friendly, very easy to understand and use.
The EPG is good and clear, only thing I don't like is that there isn't a viewing panel to watch what's on whilst viewing the EPG. Again not a big issue for the bedroom tv. You can set a timer for programmes later in the day too.
The USB port works well, I've watched a tv series from a USB stick and it was as good as watching a DVD.
In all a great second tv for the price. No need to buy branded.

5.0 out of 5 stars Why buy branded?, 5 May 2012
Having purchased an unbranded 19inch TV before for my daughter (from a different seller) and being mighty impressed
with it (a UMC with a Samsung panel) I thought this would be the same. Wrong, it's a (Kogan) Agora with a Samsung panel!!
Well, I'm still mighty impressed with it. The picture quality is really excellent (brightness 300cd/m, contrast ratio 1000:1), and the sound is also very good indeed for a small tv. Audio is just 2.5W RMS per channel but sounds more - it knocks spots off my son's 19 inch Toshiba which sounds very thin and tinny by comparison. The DVD player is just a little noisy in operation, but of no consequence once the disc starts playing. I would like to be able to eject the disc using the remote, rather than the 'fiddly' button on the set. Connectivity is slightly limited, but reasonable enough for a 'second set'. 1 HDMI, 1 Scart, 1 VGA for PC, then USB, Video/audio jacks on the side plus CI card slot and headphone socket. There was a small delay before a flash memory stick was recognised and the media browser screen offered, but then it was quick and easy (though only tested on music and jpegs so far) to navigate. The remote is comprehensive though the buttons are a bit small for my eyesight! That's a minor gripe for this package which, especially at this price (£110) seems terrific value to me. Longevity unknown of course, but I'm more than happy so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars 19" LCD TV DVD COMBI FREEVIEW USB PLAYER / RECORD (SAMSUNG SCREEN), 11 Oct. 2012
Brought this for my daughters bedroom and am really impressed, it was easy to set up, it has a great picture and sound. I'm intending to order one for the kitchen.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't even contemplate purchasing from this supplier!, 17 April 2013
I bought this item on 7th November 2012, as a present for my daughter and initially the unit operated OK. In Late February 2013, the DVD player became faulty and I contacted the supplier - (REPACKED SURPLUS STOCK by Direct Electrical) via Amazon's website, informing them of the problem and requesting a replacement unit, under their 'swap-out' guarantee. I was advised by a return email from Direct Electrical, to contact a firm called 'Renew' by telephone and I was told by them that it would be collected for repair. I informed 'Renew' that the item was covered by a 'Swap Out' guarantee therefore I would not accept a repair. I was then informed by 'Renew' that there are no replacements available. I checked on Amazon's website and the same item was still listed as available (and still is today as at 17th April 2013).
There have been numerous emails between myself and Direct Electrical between early March 2013 and the time of posting this review and my daughter is also now in contact with this firm. There is still no sign of any resolution to the problem so I have asked for a total refund and subsequent collection of the faulty item...... I won't hold my breath for a satisfactory outcome....

I wish to make it clear, that this review in no way denigrates Amazon. Apart from passing through emails between 'REPACKED SURPLUS STOCK by Direct Electrical' and myself, Amazon have no responsibility for the subsequent problems. I have always had superb service from Amazon and hold them in the highest regard.

5.0 out of 5 stars 10 out of 10, 8 Oct. 2012
looks stunning very well made and easy to set up the side loading dvd player plays most discs ,it plays media recorded from other devices on a usb stick , for example i recorded a film from my computor and put the usb stick in the tv and it played back , so for a small neat tv for the bedroom having the facility to play dvds and music cds , built in freeview and usb media player ALL IN ONE UNIT IS FANTASTIC FOR THIS PRICE
great picture and sound
so to sum up FANTASTIC COMBI LCD TV DVD COMBI FREEVIEW USB PLAYER AND FULL REMOTE CONTROL

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable second TV for the price, 9 Nov. 2012
I had a mixed experience with this product and also the sellers. In fairness to them they did try to help, but didn't seem entirely organised. I actually ended up with a replacement - the first one I bought had a damaged pixel and also a fault in the DVD player. I was sorry to return it as the sound was better than I expected having read the other reviews on here. The sellers were helpful but had trouble co-ordinating couriers - they did apologise and communicated well.

The second TV I received was actually a slightly different make, although still a Samsung screen. This one had a pin broken off the plug! The seller kindly offered a discount if I fixed it myself, which I agreed to as by this point I was a bit tired of TVs coming and going. It now works fine (so far!) and has a good picture quality but the sound is nowhere as near as good as on the first one - so I suppose it's luck of the draw.

All that said, I still feel it's good value given the cost. I looked around at other small TV/DVD combos and even on the more expensive models people are remarking on sound quality, so I think for decent sound you'd have to pay a lot. For a second TV this is fine, and pretty good value - also the suppliers are clearly prepared to be helpful. Worth a punt if you don't mind risking the nuisance of sorting out faults/replacements via courier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - Impressed, 18 Jun. 2013
B. M. Brown "BarrieB" (UK) - See all my reviews
I undertook a considerable amount of research prior to purchasing this item, and based on numerous reports/reviews this product scored highly. The item was delivered sooner than expected, and although the packaging was damaged the contents were secure, and in good condition. On using the TV it worked perfectly in all aspects, tuning, viewing, USB play/record and DVD. I purchased the item for use in our touring caravan which we have used for the past three weeks. On each new location the TV has to be re-tuned and I am pleased to say it has done so very successfully each time. A definite 'Best Buy'

5.0 out of 5 stars All in one Space saver!, 14 Nov. 2012
Mr. G. Wilson (Edinburgh, Scotland.) - See all my reviews
This LCD Television has a detailed, clear picture and adequate sound. I bought it to replace a CRT Television and therefore did not have much previous experience of "flat screen" [modern!!] Tvs. However, my limited previous experience had fostered a sincere impression that "modern" sets suffered picture wise in comparision with CRT. The effect, I maintained, was of a "washed out" picture...

This set has changed that preconception: the picture is equal to my CRT Set and, in some instances, immeasurably better. Detail in hair, surfaces and lighting are striking. Logos and graphics are crisp and clear, the range of tones in the picture much wider than I could view on the old Tube Telly.

This particular model has a fairly comprehensive feature set when dealing with the Television image: picture modes available are.."Standard" "Movie" "Mild" "Game" and "Personal". The latter mode allows brightness, contrast and colour to be adjusted individually for a "Personal" setting, the other modes are pre-sets that cannot be adjusted. Sound has an equal feature set of "Voice" "Theatre" "Music" and "Personal"....quite a step up from my game old Telly with Volume up and down!!

The built in DVD Player only plays 12cm discs, which is the size of standard DVD and CD discs. The set up guide expressly states not to attempt to load 8cm discs as they will stick. The operation of the Player is smooth and quiet and all playback functions can be controlled, as You would expect, with the remote.

*** The DVD Player Region code is set to "Region 2" and only plays these discs: all other Region codes will be unplayable. ***

The USB Record function is really good, enabling You to own a PVR from attached Memory stick. Timer recordings can be set as can "one touch" record. A half hour recording uses between 400 to 500 mb of data, therefore a 16gb memory stick should supply about 16 hours of recording space. The playback of these recordings is crystal clear when viewed through the TV.

The USB Recorder saves recordings as TS files, not Mpeg or anything slightly more user friendly which is a small drawback if You wished to view on another PC. A number of freeware media players however can play these files such as Umplayer. DVD burning software should also be able to handle these files.

The recorder plays back Mpeg movie clips so You can view home movies from USB.

Through trial and error I found that the Picture viewer will not play Jpegs saved as "progressive" only Jpegs saved in "Standard" format which shouldn't be a problem for most digital Camera owners as the vast majority of Cameras will not save in anything other than the standard "native" format of Jpeg. If You have Jpegs saved with a "progessive" setting then You will need to re-save them in image Software. The Tv also handles BMP , but nothing else.

Mp3 playback from USB is straight-forward, enabling the TV to act as a Music-Centre!!

These functions combine well in this Set, saving space as You no longer need a seperate DVD player or VCR attached underneath Your set. This saves space well in a cramped room with only one unit to consider....

Connections to the Tv are the standard Scart socket, USB, HDMI, AV, S-Video and PC connection which allows for a fairly comprehensive set of connections to be made.

The remote is well laid out and not too fiddly with options to select USB recorder, other source, DVD controls, Channels and Volume as well as Teletext functions. The top of the TV has a number of control buttons for manual control.

To conclude this review, I would state that this Tv is well worth the money: compact,stylish with a great picture and fairly feature rich. The USB recorder option is a great addition and the space saving inherent in the design a real boon to those with limited room.
I would recommend buying it as Your first LCD set, like me!!

Well worth the Cash.

1.0 out of 5 stars Product lost its colour within a month., 11 July 2013
Seller would not rectify the problem. The TV would only work in black and white , totally lost its colour. Poor quality. Do NOT buy this product, it's a waste of money! Very upset with quality and service, as I have just lost a ton of money buying this bad quality product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy!!!, 26 Dec. 2013
******WARNING****** do not purchase these. Ordered two and one remote control didn't work and one DVD player part did not work. Still waiting to be refunded. These are clearly faulty products being sold by some disreputable supplier. DO NOT BUY!!!!!!!

19" LCD TV DVD COMBI FREEVIEW (SAMSUNG SCREEN)