5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely useful
Published on 3 April 2012 by Owen Martin

3.0 out of 5 stars Good advice, spread a bit thin
A very ambitious book. The advice it contains is useful. It covers a wide range of Social Media, and for me personally that was a slight weakness.
Published 11 months ago by Mr. S. Fevyer

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely useful, 3 April 2012
This review is from: 500 Social Media Marketing Tips: Essential Advice, Hints and Strategy for Business: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn, and More! (Kindle Edition)
I run a number of different social media accounts for my company, my photographic work and various voluntary organisations that I work for. I already know quite a lot about social media and I have found the tips in this book very helpful, there's a number of suggestions that I hadn't thought of doing and quite a few that I didn't even know you could do. The book is reader friendly and very good value, it makes social media easier to use, even if you already know how to use social media it is extremely useful as a reminder of what you need to do. I've already started implementing the suggestions in this book on my own accounts and I would definitely recommend it to anybody who uses social media to engage with customers or fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read - an up to date social media book! 5*, 8 April 2012
This book was exactly what I wanted. Such simple yet such valuable tips on all forms of social media. An easy and enjoyable read with lots of top tips to take away and implement. This book is extremely current and up to date. I think a lot of the books on social media can go out of date very quickly. Get this book now for lots of simple yet very effective social media tips. Loved it. Worth every penny!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good advice, spread a bit thin, 21 July 2013
Mr. S. Fevyer (UK) - See all my reviews
You find yourself reading some great tips about Facebook and then it jumps onto Pinterest and Instagram etc. Because the book tries to introduce and cover what are essentially at heart very similar platforms it gets a bit repetitive.
It could also have benefited from a good proofreader, at least one tip is repeated word for word in one section.
I don't want this to sound unfairly harsh, it is a good book. The author definitely knows his stuff. It is written in a clear, approachable way. I used some of the advice from this book and got some great results.
If you are unsure where to focus your Social Media activity and are after an introduction and some useful advice on a wide variety of platforms then this could be the book for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely helpful!, 17 Mar 2012
The company I work for recently put me in charge of managing our Facebook profile and I bought this book looking for new ways to reach out to our customers. It was a quick read full of easy, inexpensive, and practical tips that I didn't even think to try before. I will definitely try out some of the suggestions in this book. I would recommend this book for small business owners who don't have the resources to hire a dedicated social media manager and can do it on their own.

4.0 out of 5 stars Practical hints and tips, 8 April 2013
JamieK (Durham, UK) - See all my reviews
Great read for those looking for practical advice and clear actions to take away from the book.
Recommended for people with a reasonable level of understanding of social media sites

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to dip in and out of for those short of time, 25 July 2013
I bought The 500 Social Media Marketing Tips Book alongside Likeable Social Media and The Ultimate Small Business Marketing Book, based on the amount of positive reviews on Amazon and a bit of googling. I was looking for direction for our companies social media marketing efforts. I have had the books for a few days now and feel ready to review.

The 500 Social Media Marketing Tips Book provides a wealth of short tips and explaination of how to engage in social media marketing from a business perspective. It goes through the major networks and it doesn't skip on any details, it takes you through from start to finish - setting up your network page/account to actually using it effectively.

This book is better than the USBMB & Likeable as it provides short snippets of information on using and communicating effectively with your customers, it is therefore easy to dip in and out of, even when flicking through random pages. It explains exactly what it is, what it does and how to get one. Precisely what someone wants who is always short of time and wants to deliver a social marketing strategy. As a bonus is updated every 3 months to include any updated relevant information.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great guide, 20 Mar 2013
I chose this guide to help me through the maze of social media marketing on basic level. Easy to follow instructions with tips to help along the way.

Highly recommended for the novice/intermediate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get super connected!, 20 Mar 2013
Great no nonsense and easily achievable ideas for maximising social media interaction for any business large or small. Also contains interesting background about how different social media platforms work.

5.0 out of 5 stars All you need to be a digital marketing guru, 26 Jan 2013
Fabulous easy to read manual about all aspects of social media for business. It's broken down well into specific sections meaning you can hop straight to tips relevant to current need.

5.0 out of 5 stars Little Goldmine of Information, 6 Jan 2013
This book is a little goldmine of realistic, manageable social media tips that anyone can manage. Each tip doesn't take long to complete - some are quite obvious but are usually easily overlooked - others are only obvious once they're pointed out! Totally recommend for those who are new to social media as well as those (like me!) Who already know the basics.