5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant - an essential in our house.
I have to be honest, I absolutely LOVE WaterWipes!

Published 8 months ago by Caroline

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality DO NOT BUY!
I have just returned this product for a refund. Water wipes have changed so dramatically that in my opinion they are as good as the cheapest on the market.

Published on 7 July 2012 by Hana

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant - an essential in our house., 24 July 2014
This review is from: WaterWipes Super Value Box - Pack of 4, Total 240 Baby Wipes (Personal Care)
I have to be honest, I absolutely LOVE WaterWipes!

When I found out we were expecting a baby in 2013, the search began for all manner of things that I had absolutely zero prior knowledge about, not being a 'baby person'. This quest for information included cots, baby monitors, nappies, car seats, prams - you name it, I researched it. When it came to wipes, it didn't take a whole load of research to realise that WaterWipes were the best option out there.

Early on, you read in babycare books, web articles and on forums that the best thing to clean your baby's bottom with is good old cotton wool and water - this means there are no chemicals touching their most delicate parts, and the care is gentle and natural. We stuck to this for the first three weeks. It was easy in hospital, where we were 'living' in a bedroom with a sink for a week, but once we were home and changing nappies in a bedroom a fair way from the bathroom, it was less convenient. When your tiny baby has produced a, ahem, offering seemingly 3 times the size of its own head, which is rapidly coming close to leaking all over its clothes, you want something that you can use super-fast - not be putting the baby down in it's cot while you retrieve the water container, go to the bathroom for water and return. No doubt to find your baby either fast asleep or surrounded by poo!

WaterWipes are 99% simply water. They are so gentle and natural, and importantly they are absolutely soaking wet - not like the scratchy, often dry feeling Pampers or Huggies wipes. I suffer from eczema and contact allergies, and there is a good chance our son will too - this means I was loathe to use any of these other wipes on him anyway - the less chemicals he is exposed to at such an early age the better. Even the popular 'Sensitive' versions of these wipes are still crammed full with chemicals.

Yes, the big drawback - they are much more expensive than those other mainstream wipes. I admit that keeping our house, nappy bags, cars and grandparents homes stocked with WaterWipes is not cheap. But, at least to us, it us well worth it for ensuring our baby has a smooth, healthy, happy bum from day one! We buy the WaterWipes in these slightly better value Value Boxes, and use Amazon Subscribe & Save / Amazon Prime, which reduces the price by 20%.

Incidentally, our little man has never once had a case of nappy rash or soreness down there. This could be down to either the exclusive use of WaterWipes, or Sudocrem cream - but lets just say I'm not changing anything just to find out!

One thing to mention also, is that even if our child proves not to have been cursed with my hyper-reactive, sensitive skin, the fact that I'm using WaterWipes means I can change his nappy with bare hands - if I used Pampers or Huggies wipes, even the Sensitive ones, the allergic reactions to some of the chemicals in them would mean I would have to wear gloves. Not exactly the bonding experience you have in mind for your firstborn!

WaterWipes in one word? Essential.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality DO NOT BUY!, 7 July 2012

I have been buying Water Wipes for nearly a year now, since my baby was born. I have raved about them, given them as presents to new mums and generally encouraged my friends to buy them. They were my number one new baby product. However, with out any warning other than other customer feedback they changed the fabric they are made from making them feel and work completely differently to the the amazing product they were. The biodegradable is also gone from the packaging.

Don't waste your money DO NOT BUY THESE!

If the manifacturer changed them back to what they use to be than I will rewrite my review and continue buying them.

Amazon do let the seller know!

1.0 out of 5 stars Where are 72 wipe packs? Quality has gone down, 9 Jun. 2012
We purchased the 15 pack box previously but this time we had to purchase the 'value 9 pack box' as it's no longer avaliable. The difference is that the old wipe packets with 72 wipes are much better quality compared to the 60 wipe packs. It looks like they have reduced the quality and quantity of the wipes and are repackaging them as a smaller 'value 9 pack box' to hide this . We will not be purchasing these again.

1.0 out of 5 stars quality has changed, 18 Jun. 2012
quality of the wipes in this pack is very different. I had bought the 4 pack before and the wipes felt lovely to the touch. The wipes in this pack feel much rougher on the skin. disappointing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Product has changed!, 13 Jun. 2012
All of a sudden, the wipes ingredients and composition have changed. No longer biodegradable and grapefruit extract has been replaced by some generic citrus. The biggest issue is that the wipes feel different and act differently when used against baby skin. Much rougher to the touch and does not glide against skin as it used to. Using these are much more difficult than they used to be.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY, 22 Jun. 2012
Completely agree with the latest reviews - product quality changed drastically for the worse!! Seller contacted and they admitted that wipe quality has changed, but were not prepared to offer refund or replace product (with the original quality wipes). They claim that the new wipe material is the same as that used by leading (supermarket) brands... So they take the same wipe material as eg Pam**** but rather than adding some cleansing concotion to it, they add pure water with a squeeze of citrus (no doubt very expensive ingredients... Ha!) and then charge you 2.5 times as much as e.g. Pam**** would... Hmmmm... Quite some Value Pack! And it is no longer biodegradable - which was quite a major selling point! I feel this constitutes False Advertising as there is no mention of these horrible changes in the product description on amazon, so you don't realise that you are being scammed by DermaH20! AWFUL, ANNOYING and very DISAPPOINTING. Am going back to extra large cotton wool pads soaked in boiled water with a few drops of tea tree (or other natural product of choice, maybe even some citrus extract!) - much better value, keeps well in a small tupperware container and practical for on the go too!
P.S.: as ever, can't fault Amazon.co.uk - quick and easy transaction and delivery - shame about the product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Chemical Free, Convenient Wipes, 26 Dec. 2014
I have been using these for my baby since he was born. I agree with the other reviews that since the 0.01% was changed from grapefruit extract to citrus the 'wetness' of the wipe has decreased, this does mean that sometimes you have to use more wipes than before, however I am happy to carry on using WaterWipes as I like the fact that they are chemical free and are more convenient than washing every time or using cotton wool and water.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helps for a stress free nappy change, 28 Nov. 2014
Highly recommended, and a must have item for our newborn. It was recommended by several including NCT that we use warm water and cotton wool for cleaning after a dirty nappy. However the time required and the cooling water led to our little one getting a bit stressed during changes. We got the water wipes, keep them reasonably warm, and they make for a clean, stressfree change time. Everyone's a winner with these.

4.0 out of 5 stars gone back to other brand wipes, 24 Jan. 2015
I find that the wipes aren't easy to get out the packet you end up pulling out a load and they get wasted... But no nappy rash in 4 months so they do have a purpose... However I've gone back to my old brand weighing the pros and cons they were the better option especially considering the price of these wipes

1.0 out of 5 stars Not happy with these anymore, 4 July 2012
I have bought solely these wipes from birth for my daughter who is one year old. I am appauled at the recent poor quality, reduced quantity and price hike. Like the rest of the reviewers for this item, I too am going to buy Pampers from now on. This company have made a grave mistake down-grading the quality, etc. and I wonder if they'll regret it?