5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant - an essential in our house.
I have to be honest, I absolutely LOVE WaterWipes!

Published 3 months ago by Caroline

1.0 out of 5 stars Same size, but only 60
Keep in mind that these are 60 wipes per pack and not 72. Given that the 15x super saver pack of 72 wipes isn't coming back, these are a good option, the individual wipes have the same size as the ones on the 72 wipes per pack. 4 stars for reducing the number of wipes per pack and for not putting the 15x back in stock.

EDIT: See my other review on the "9 value...
Published on 19 April 2012 by Nuno Cruz

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant - an essential in our house., 24 July 2014
This review is from: WaterWipes Super Value Box - Pack of 4, Total 240 Baby Wipes (Personal Care)
I have to be honest, I absolutely LOVE WaterWipes!

When I found out we were expecting a baby in 2013, the search began for all manner of things that I had absolutely zero prior knowledge about, not being a 'baby person'. This quest for information included cots, baby monitors, nappies, car seats, prams - you name it, I researched it. When it came to wipes, it didn't take a whole load of research to realise that WaterWipes were the best option out there.

Early on, you read in babycare books, web articles and on forums that the best thing to clean your baby's bottom with is good old cotton wool and water - this means there are no chemicals touching their most delicate parts, and the care is gentle and natural. We stuck to this for the first three weeks. It was easy in hospital, where we were 'living' in a bedroom with a sink for a week, but once we were home and changing nappies in a bedroom a fair way from the bathroom, it was less convenient. When your tiny baby has produced a, ahem, offering seemingly 3 times the size of its own head, which is rapidly coming close to leaking all over its clothes, you want something that you can use super-fast - not be putting the baby down in it's cot while you retrieve the water container, go to the bathroom for water and return. No doubt to find your baby either fast asleep or surrounded by poo!

WaterWipes are 99% simply water. They are so gentle and natural, and importantly they are absolutely soaking wet - not like the scratchy, often dry feeling Pampers or Huggies wipes. I suffer from eczema and contact allergies, and there is a good chance our son will too - this means I was loathe to use any of these other wipes on him anyway - the less chemicals he is exposed to at such an early age the better. Even the popular 'Sensitive' versions of these wipes are still crammed full with chemicals.

Yes, the big drawback - they are much more expensive than those other mainstream wipes. I admit that keeping our house, nappy bags, cars and grandparents homes stocked with WaterWipes is not cheap. But, at least to us, it us well worth it for ensuring our baby has a smooth, healthy, happy bum from day one! We buy the WaterWipes in these slightly better value Value Boxes, and use Amazon Subscribe & Save / Amazon Prime, which reduces the price by 20%.

Incidentally, our little man has never once had a case of nappy rash or soreness down there. This could be down to either the exclusive use of WaterWipes, or Sudocrem cream - but lets just say I'm not changing anything just to find out!

One thing to mention also, is that even if our child proves not to have been cursed with my hyper-reactive, sensitive skin, the fact that I'm using WaterWipes means I can change his nappy with bare hands - if I used Pampers or Huggies wipes, even the Sensitive ones, the allergic reactions to some of the chemicals in them would mean I would have to wear gloves. Not exactly the bonding experience you have in mind for your firstborn!

WaterWipes in one word? Essential.

5.0 out of 5 stars a must have for babies on the go, 11 Nov 2013
I decided to buy these even despite the bad reviews on here.I'm glad I did.I wash my newborn delicate skin with organic cotton wools and water when at home but I use these wipes when we are out and about.They are nice and soft,completely fragance free and very gentle on the skin.I even use them for toileting purpuses for my toddler( they are not flushable so have to bin them afterwards).I only bought 3 packages because I wasn't 100% sure but I will buy these from now on.I have tried lots of brands( including organic ones) and these are far the best of all.I think they worth at least trying if you are like me,hesitating because of the reviews.

1.0 out of 5 stars Same size, but only 60, 19 April 2012

EDIT: See my other review on the "9 value pack".

1.0 out of 5 stars WERE Fantastic, NOW TERRIBLE!!, 7 July 2012
I used to love these wipes when they came in packs of 72. The wipes were evenly moist and soft to the touch...HOWEVER, now they are absolutely RUBBISH. They now come as a pack of 60 wipes and the quality is horrendous. They are rough and all the moisture sits at the bottom of the pack which means when you open the pack the wipes at the top are nearly bone dry, and when you eventually get to the bottom of the pack the wipes are soaking wet! I end up having to pat dry my baby's bum. I tried storing the packs upside down in the hope that the moisture would 'even out' but it made no difference whatsoever. I am furious with DermaH2O, why change something so drastically that was clearly a fabulous product?! Greedy manufacturers think we're stupid, that we wouldn't notice or mind a completely different product with a smaller quantity, lower quality and higher price. The so called "value packs" are not even value for money with very little saving. If you have used these in the past (the 72 pack wipes) then I urge you, actually I beg you not to waste your hard earned money, you're better off getting an alternative brand of wipes as these water wipes are sadly now no different to any other pack of wipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars great for new babies, 17 Mar 2013
i bought this as i had a sample pack from my first bounty pack. i was so impressed with the sample, that i bought this whole box when my baby was born.

being a new mum recovering from the whole ordeal of birth and still limping around, these wipes were a godsend being 99% water. it was kind on my son's bum and gave me a break from constantly having to use water and cotton wool to wipe him down. it was great for going out or away to my mum's as i could just pop them into my bag. i have now moved onto the 'normal' wipes, but these were great for those first 6 weeks, even if they were expensive as they weren't messy nor time consuming and were incredibly straightforward.

the main thing is that he didn't get a rash and had no chemicals used on his bum.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great disposable wipes for those trying to avoid excessive perfume/preservatives., 25 July 2013
D. Robinson (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
The ingredients list of most wipes on the market are full of alcohols, fragrances, preservatives, etc... and feel soapy, leaving a residue. I'm not totally adverse to these additives but these are a refreshing change and smell neutral, don't leave a residue and so far we've avoided any bad nappy rashes. We use these in the nappy bag and at home when there's a lot of mess in the nappy (at home we also use cotton reusable wipes, which we'd recommend to others).

The only slight niggle is what some other reviewers have found, that they packing of the wipes isn't ideal. Either only one comes out and you have to dig for the next, or several come out at once. But I think that's the nature of how most baby wipes are packed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pure and safe but not biodegradable!, 13 Sep 2013
This is a great product in that's the purest and safest wipe on the market. Who wants to smear their baby's skin with a bunch of synthetic chemicals you can't even pronounce?!

The 2 missing stars from my review are for the fact that they changed the wipes so they are no longer biodegradable.

So now I'm not contaminating my baby's skin with chemicals but I'm contaminating the planet with waste that will not break down. That doesn't make me feel good and looks to me like this company is putting profit before ethics.

5.0 out of 5 stars great alternative to cotton wool when on the go, 18 Sep 2014
We are very pleased with these. We use the at night time and when we are out and about. They are not as soft and gentle as cotton wool and water (which we use during the day) but not harsh on my new baby s skin. They do stick together and don't come out of the packet one at a time and they tend to be more wet at the bottom of the packet. These things might bother some, but we prefer these wipes to any others as the only water wipes we know of and the convenience of not having to use cotton wool when on the go.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love these wipes.. have used since newborn, 3 Oct 2013
Bought these wipes based on recommendation from a friend. My family and I love to use these wipes on my son whenever we are out or when he poos. It is water based and no nasty chemicals. Till now there have been no nappy rash occurring on my son. His bum feels clean and no residue or redness are seen on his skin. Would highly recommend using this wipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars A vary natural product, 22 Feb 2013
The wipes are more moist than other wipes, so ease cleaning and cause less irritation to sore sensitive skin as less wiping is needed. I also found that this meant I needed to use less wipes than with other brands.
Great to know that these don't contain any of the harmful chemicals that other wipes do and yet they're more effective.