5.0 out of 5 stars I'm in love
Published 12 months ago by P Howorth

2.0 out of 5 stars Perhaps I was expecting more.
Published 9 months ago by Richard Bence

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm in love, 22 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Natural Wooden Bokken Training Sword
I bought this to test it out seeing as it was my first suggestion and had no prior reviews, so people might be reluctant to try it. But fear not! I cannot recommend this training sword enough. The quality of it encourages me to practise more purely because of how it feels when I swing it and hold it in stance. Makes me feel like a pro even though it's not a real sword.
My background is in empty hand martial arts but as soon as I got my hands on this it unlocked a lot more doors!
I can't comment on using this sword for sparring however, as none of my friends have one, but I've knocked it against a few things already and you absolutely cannot tell!
5* absolutely

2.0 out of 5 stars Perhaps I was expecting more., 21 April 2014
This review is from: Natural Wooden Bokken Training Sword
The wood itself seems sturdy enough, however the one I recieved had an area repaired with filler, but this was not the big issue. The Tsuka-Ito: cotton or silk braid used to wrap the Tsuka, in essence the grip was awful. Very poor quality cotton wrap, secured in a few places with a pretty non effectual glue. This causing a lot of movement and bunching. With a bit of work I have made this usable, however if you are looking for a training sword to use out of the box I would tend to give this a miss.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent item, 30 April 2014
This review is from: Natural Wooden Bokken Training Sword
Excellent item - arrived promptly and though a few minor cracks in the wood, it holds up very well during training - even when used against metal re-enactment swords!

Natural Wooden Bokken Training Sword