5.0 out of 5 stars One jacket: Really does do it all!
Published 9 months ago by Mr. James Burgess

3.0 out of 5 stars Zipper clincher distintrated not good.
Published 3 months ago by Kian

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars One jacket: Really does do it all!, 10 Aug. 2014
The best cycle top you'll ever own, very probably! Bought my first Gore Phantom four years ago, it's still going strong, as new. The only reason I've bought another is that I've lost two stone and the old one now flaps (I'm still keeping it though, my rides take me past many pubs with powerful tractor beams here in lovely Devon so temptation's never far away). Cycling in the UK requires quite a cycling wardrobe to cope with the changeable weather; long/short sleeve jersey, windproof top/gilet, waterproof etc, and knowing which combo to use for any given day can be a pain. This top really does just about does it all! With a single base layer (wicking T shirt or L/S top) I use it year round for commuting, touring and sportives in all weathers (inc over the years gales, heavy rain, snow and ice on Dartmoor) . It's as breathable as a L/S jersey and far more waterproof than it modestly claims to be (I've owned many 'breathable' rain tops over the years; they're ALL sweaty and not much drier!). The zips aren't too fiddly, and with practice detaching and re-attaching the arms can be done within a couple of minutes, I've not been deterred from doing this on occasion on sportives. Only in the warmest spells will you find the short-sleeve option too warm. Quality construction, excellent value; the single most-used, most versatile and most valued item in my cycling wardrobe!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good commuter jacket., 14 Aug. 2014
This jacket is very good. Keeps you warm and dry, it's also extremely breathable as tested on a couple of long runs. Not had the sleeves off it yet but they look easy enough for taking off. The side pockets are also very useful.

3.0 out of 5 stars Zipper clincher distintrated not good., 18 Feb. 2015
Kian (Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear) - See all my reviews
Poor quality zipper ! After nearly 16 months use (60uses approx) the zipper clincher disintegrated leaving a jacket you can't zip. Resulting in me taking it to the Sewing shop. Shame it's a lovely product. May I add the customer service is excellent from Gore and they have their own telephone number where you get a speedy answer from the service team. Just a shame they couldn't offer me a free returns as I couldn't find my receipt. Will tread carefully with gore products in the future unfortunately though. Other than this a stylish high vis jacket made from good material fabric that's why your getting 3 stars instead of 2!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great winter jacket, 13 Nov. 2014
mrspunter (Stratford-upon-Avon, UK) - See all my reviews
This jacket is excellent: it is light, definitely windproof and comfortable. Sizing is reasonably accurate: I am 1.86m and 80kg and the XL is a good fit - loose but not baggy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good jacket - great autumn winter commuting jacket, 28 Oct. 2014
Good jacket - great autumn winter commuting jacket. I'm a 44" chest and the xxl is good on the shoulders and chest but a bit baggy around the tummy. And I'm no whippet!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gore bike wear phantom, 25 May 2014
Great for chilly mornings, windy days without the sleeves, even when it's hard rain showers still kept warm and dry. Really comfortable. Great bit of kit.

5.0 out of 5 stars given how sweaty my forehead/hair is (sorry for the imagery) inside the jacket is fine. This will become much used as the temper, 11 Sept. 2014
M. Jackson (Reading, Berks United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Very comfy snug fit, I'm 5 foot 7 and 12 stone 10 and the large is only just big enough. It is however the only truly breathable jacket I have ever bought. I do sweat a fair bit and often am drenched in some cheaper jackets, this is remarkable, given how sweaty my forehead/hair is (sorry for the imagery) inside the jacket is fine. This will become much used as the temperatures fall. Its a cool weather jacket, quite like the removable sleeves, makes it good in Autumn when there is a slight chill in the morning.

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile jacket, 25 May 2014
This review is from: Gore Men's Phantom 2.0 So Jacket (Sports Apparel)
Very pleased with this jacket, have been using a cycling jacket from LIDL for my commutes to and from work and found that when I arrived at work the jacket had trapped a lot of moisture inside. Decided to spend a bit extra on a decent branded jacket as I have been cycling so much, this is a massive improvement over my previous jacket. Material is of high quality and I now arrive at work without feeling like i've cycled through a light shower on way. Don't notice cold head winds now, fabric does a great job of keeping the cold out. Overall a great buy and I'm likely to get my moneys worth from it.
I'm 6'3 and around 95kg and found the XL a good fit for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cannot fault it so far, 25 April 2014
Only had chance to ride out in it once so far, but did the job well & very pleased I bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the packet, 30 Mar. 2014
Mr. J. Mortimer (Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
Windproof? Definitely. Shower proof? Tried and tested - definitely. Light-weight, versatile, easy to maintain, looks smart. I have worn this all winter with only a base layer underneath, temperatures down to 0 degrees C and as high as 16 degrees, no problem. Admittedly I felt warmer with a middle layer on but this was only a comfort thing that I tried on one of the coldest days of the winter, while moving it's fine with just two layers.

The only things I have found are that I do get a bit sweaty across the shoulders and if I have tools or a GPS in a rear pocket it gets a bit damp, but I suppose that is an indication of the breathable material doing its job.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›