5.0 out of 5 stars Future Proof. Easy To Use. Reliable
There are quite alot of reviews and product overviews about this board on the internet so i wont go into too much detail.

Everything on this board allows you to build anything mediocre to High End Multimedia System.

When i say its future proof, its compatible with 22nm chips from Intel(Ivy Bridge)

22nm Ivy Bridge Chips
PCI-e x16...
Published on 30 Jun. 2012 by Orville Miller

1.0 out of 5 stars Item was in poor condition
When I finally received my item after it getting lost in the post, I was quite chuffed to be honest. About a week later I opened it for the first time and had discovered that there was no protective case for the processor slot and two of the pins were bent. I emailed the seller for the second time about the second issue with this motherboard and I received the reply...
Published 13 months ago by Hakota Foster

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Future Proof. Easy To Use. Reliable, 30 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Asus P8Z77-V Motherboard (Socket 1155, 32GB DDR3 Support, ATX, PCI-Express 3.0, USB 3.0, Asus Wi-Fi Go Remote, SLI/CrossFireX Support, Dual Intelligent Processors 3) (Accessory)

22nm Ivy Bridge Chips
PCI-e x16 slot
HDMI
Otptical Audio
USB 3.0
SATA 6Gb/s

The Bios is a realy easy to use Graphic User Interface, simply point and click.
Lots of Over Clocking Features and voltage control and fan control features built into it.
It even has the old VGA ports incase you still have a old monitor you want to connect to it.

It comes with lots of instructions on basicaly how to do everything.

Came with a CD with additional Asus Software.

The item arrived super quick. Well Packaged.

5.0 out of 5 stars packaging wan't the best, but this product deserves 5 stars, 30 July 2012
This motherboard is just amazing. Overclocks like a beast, super stable, full of amazing features (wi-fi go, xpert fan 2, virtu MVP are just some of the amazing features).

You just can't go wrong with this motheboard. I pick this board instead of asrok z77 extreme4 any day of the week.

However packaging wasn't the best i've seen, to be honest. It came in a amazon box with only one piece of paper protecting the asus box inside.

But there's nothing to complain, since it arrived in perfect condition and board works like a charm. ;)

4.0 out of 5 stars Faulty one at first second attempt great, 28 Feb. 2013
The first ASUS motherboards delivered showed a VGA problem with VGA light on permanently and no completion of POST. Two known good graphics cards were tried to no avail. Amazon to the rescue!!!! I e-mailed Amazon and two hours later they e-mailed me to tell me that a new board was on its way and would be delivered the next day. New board arrived and worked perfectly, overclocking an i5 3570k a treat. Great service from Amamzon.

5.0 out of 5 stars P8Z77-V, 7 Dec. 2012
The P8Z77-V is a nice well made motherboard which I am running with a 3570K CPU.

The only problem I had was that the BIOS as shipped was an early version and was reluctant to post at times especially after PC was switched off for any length of time. Installed latest BIOS from ASUS website all now seems OK.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very few nits to pick, 22 Aug. 2012
I bought this motherboard to replace an Asrock that didnt ship with the correct bios and so wouldnt support my new Ivybridge processor and I'm glad I did.

Installation was no problem, bios is good and full featured, board itself is robust and good specification. I've tried to think of a few problems so I dont come off as a horrific Asus fanboy:

I came up with two:

No onboard wireless - actually there is, in the box is a little wireless card (fit this to the board _FIRST_).
SATA connectors are side mounted and fiddly - but Asus kindly ship the board with connectors to make this less stressful.

So now I'm down to complaining about the colour.

This is a good solid product and I'm sorry that I wasted cash before opting for this model.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good value for money, 25 Mar. 2013
I am a brand new pc builder, and this motherboard was perfect for building my gaming rig, offering as many ports as I could possibly need!
Very happy that is comes with 2x 6 GB/S Sata connections rather than just the one other motherboards come with. I am a little dissapointed there is only 1 HDMI port, however that didn't bother me as my GPU has one too, and it comes with an easy SLI feature allowing me to add another GPU if i so wished.
awesome product, decent price. Would recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars high quality, 15 Feb. 2013
Asus knows how to build mobos. This is probably the 6th motherboard I installed over the years and it was a success.

I haven't tried the wifi module but I installed and was pleasantly surprised to see that their AI Suite II is a lot better than previous versions. Nice BIOS.... sexy(!) sata -duocolor- cables... amazing fan control (I only have one fan (cpu fan) but loved the fan tweaking and monitoring extravaganza offered by this mobo and the accompanying software (fan expert 2). BIOS can be updated by sticking in a usb stick with the bios firmware. No need to enter OS or even DOS mode.

Bought this mobo to handle 2 raid0 arrays (1 ssd ocz v4 array, 1 hdd 2x2tb array), a gtx 690 gpu , an asus xonar stx. Installed 2x8gb corasair 1600mhz ddr3 and an i7 3770k cpu.

z77 chipset is great for me. The on-cpu gpu can drive (hdmi) full hd videos on my TV while gtx 690 deals with games on a 2560x1440 dell monitor. This setup completely frees the gtx from "mundane" video playback jobs... I did not install the virtu-imptu (what's-it's-name) thing... just plain windows 8 dual monitor capabilities. The on-mobo sound does not conflict with asus xonar and on the contrary HAS TO be enabled to drive sound through the mobo hdmi port.

few minor issues which do not affect 5star rating.

1. mobo arrived with a very old bios
2. just like other z77 mobos, this one comes equipped with two extra sata6gb ports, which HOWEVER (as far as I understood) can not be raided. That means that you can only have one 6gb RAID.... anyway... nerdish technicalities....
3. this mobo (being plain and not "deluxe", "pro" or "premium") does not offer extra back plates with connections, though the mobo itself has plenty of extra connectors

bottom line. my experience is that this mobo is very tweakable, 100% safe, stable and easy to install. I never o.c. so I really can't comment on that aspect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 6 Dec. 2012
Simple to fit, nice build

have overclocked my i& from 3.5 - 4.2 without any issues. I suspect if I played around I could easily overclock some more

Updating the BIOS is nice and simple

No issues at all with this MB, well recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 16 Nov. 2012
Robert Kimber (England) - See all my reviews
Very pleased with the mobo - the BIOS is a breeze.

I didn't realise it had no IDE socket - that's good news of course in getting rid of the cables, but made my DVD drive redundant and had to get one with SATA connection.

The driver installation disc was irritating since the 'install all' option included rubbish such as Norton. Poor. This meant installing the drivers one by one.

I recommend downloading all the latest drivers however - the performance difference is significant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hardy Z77 MOBO, 31 May 2012
I recently purchased this mobo for a gaming rig. Although I decided to go with the Sandy Bridge config; it is future proofed for 22nm core Intel chips (ivy bridge et all). It has a myriad of features and far better value than the V-Pro version. Asus products never cease to amaze me. For a fraction more on comparitive brands, this is a clear winner if integrity is of concern.
Great buy