5.0 out of 5 stars My son's favourite toy
Published on 18 Oct. 2009 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars mmm not sure
the ball is very nice and has different sounds, but my son was not impressed with it at all. But babies are like this, they prefer more empty plastic bottle than any nice and expensive toy.
Published on 24 Feb. 2013 by Ubala

5.0 out of 5 stars My son's favourite toy, 18 Oct. 2009
My 8 month old adores this toy. He is completely obsessed with trying to catch the ladybird which seems to be developing his fine motor skills. He has had this toy since 5months and Im convinced it was this that has encouraged his early crawling (6 months). The songs are pretty annoying when heard 1000 times a day, but that is no different to any other musical toy...there is a volume switch though thank heavens. I absolutely recommend this toy to all babies from 5 months or when they start to roll.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Stars!, 16 July 2009
F Corcoran "Fiona" (Warrington, Cheshire) - See all my reviews
I purchased this toy for my 4 month old and he absolutely loves it! He is now 5 months old and still hasn't lost interest. He loves the spinning ladybird on the top of the ball and is fascinated by the lights. I'm pretty convinced once he starts crawling, he will love chasing it. It really is a good buy, considering this toy is aimed at babies between 6 months and 2 years and is reasonably priced. Brilliant!

4.0 out of 5 stars NIce toy, 26 Mar. 2013
My daughter liked it a lot! the simulated random movement puzzled her! soft music, blinking lights, moving pieces, buttons with animal shapes... It has everything to keep a 1-year old child busy for a while

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Quality, 29 Mar. 2013
My little niece was gobsmacked the ball moved away from her!
Good! Kept her entertained for hours. The audio is crisp and clear and a brilliant entertainer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just can't leave it alone..., 5 Dec. 2008
Our 10 month old son just can't leave this one alone and has started him off crawling. It's very durable even with a few good wacks as it just rolls away. Like most of these, if you use these on carpet they don't roll so well but this is an exception. Or if you have laminate flooring it goes even better. Not to say that it's bad on a carpet though. Not sure about the educational part but it's certainly fun to chase. Hours and hours of entertainment.

3.0 out of 5 stars mmm not sure, 24 Feb. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars VTech Baby Crawl and Learn Bright Lights Ball (Orange), 11 April 2014
My grandson really loved this ball, he is not quite crawling he is 8 months old but it really encouraged him to try & move forward to get it, he was fascinated when it moved by itself, loved the music & lights & we were pleased that it had an English speaking voice. It was brought to stay at our house when he comes but my daughter was so impressed that she brought one as soon as she got home. It is a very sturdy toy, well made & was a very good price but it really does vary in price so a good idea to check several places on net before buying. Would recommend this to anyone who has a small child ready to crawl. I have since got other VTech toys for my Grandson

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of fun features, 4 Dec. 2012
I bought this ball for my son when he was 4 months old and was hoping it was going to motivated him to crawl when he was ready - it didn't! But it doesn't matter because despite this the ball is still one of his favourite toys.

The ball does move by itself but in a circular motion so it comes back to baby before they can chase it but my baby finds this very funny.

It helped him sit up - I would put the ball on his lap and he would sit there playing with the ribbons and the ladybird. At first he would just bash at them but soon he started using his fingers to move the ladybird. I found that the ladybird in particular really helps with fine motor skills development.

It has lots of buttons that when pressed make different sounds, however, the main music continues to play as you do this so not sure when baby will realise that the pressing of the buttons actually does something.

It's got lots of flashing lights which is always entertaining especially for younger babies.

Although it is a bit big to be in the changing bag I take this toy with me when I know I will be away for a few hours as I know that baby is likely to get cranky and as soon as he sees the ball he will be distracted for a while.

My son is now 7 months and still enjoys this toy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit disappointing, 18 Mar. 2014
Perhaps my 9 month old needs to grow into this toy but she is just not that into it. I'm personally disappointed in its lack of self rolling, I was expecting it to roll around on it's own a lot more freely than it actually does. Perhaps i had too high expectation.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, not amazing, 22 Feb. 2011
Monti (Hertfordshire) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my 7 month old boy who had outgrown all his baby toys as I thought he would be stimulated by something with flashing lights, noise and movement. He has had it for 2 months now and it still interests him, although the novelty of it rolling itself has worn off and all he does with it is flick the little ladybird on the top and bat it from time to time. It's fair to say it isn't one of his favourites. On the plus side, the noises, lights and rolling to tend to grab his attention, if only for a moment, and it's pretty quiet so not too annoying! On the downside, it seems to make noises constantly, thereby reducing the chances of my son learning cause and effect from pressing buttons and hearing it make noises as a result. Also, if it is meant to help teach little ones the numbers 1,2 and 3 and the shapes of some animals then it could do with making them more distinct - e.g. number 1 looks like number 10, the monkey looks like a yellow blob and the dog looks like a teddy bear.