5.0 out of 5 stars Really good laptop
This 17.3 inch Samsung laptop with i5 2450M is really good. the laptop is fast and screen very bright. The boot time is short, much shorter than laptops with faster processors. It is also light and the keyboard is pleasure to use.

Published on 28 Jun. 2012 by Techman

3.0 out of 5 stars poor audio quality
I bought this for my daughter and it does the job. it looks different, pretty.
I however must say that the audio quality is horrible.
If Dell can give a good Bass in the same size, why cant Samsung give it?
To appreciate it you will have to listen to some Indian classical music.
It fails.
Published 24 months ago by sudheer Barve

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good laptop, 28 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Samsung NP300E7A-A06UK 17.3-inch Laptop (Silver) - (Intel Core i5-2450M Processor, 6GB RAM, Windows 7 Edition Home Premium) (Personal Computers)

I bought this from Amazon(The Amazon company itself, not the third party seller) and I was disappointed because it looked like it was opened before me. This is a criticism for Amazon, not for the laptop. I have been checking for any problems for the past 2 weeks and everything seems fine. I cannot report any problems apart from the following.

It is not solidly built however. It feels fragile. But laptops are mainly bought for their power, and this machine is really powerhouse. Well, not the most powerful of course but given it is price, the laptop is good enough. The sound is not great too. And there is no light indicators that the Capital or Number is on; small inconvenience in the big scheme of things. When you enable them, it says on the screen that it has been enabled.

This laptop comes with separate samsung-made recovery DVD, although that was not advertised. It is a such a big selling point it is beyond me why they did not advertise that fact. Granted, you can make your own recovery DVDs out of the laptop, but not everybody is technically savvy-enough to do so.

Overall it is a good buy. I can happily recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars poor audio quality, 13 May 2013
I bought this for my daughter and it does the job. it looks different, pretty.
I however must say that the audio quality is horrible.
If Dell can give a good Bass in the same size, why cant Samsung give it?
To appreciate it you will have to listen to some Indian classical music.
It fails.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, very quiet,, 23 Mar. 2013
bought it for my mom, it's very good, and quiet, you can't even hear it when you turn it on, also very thin

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok - but a little disappointing, 18 Jan. 2013
The power and speed of this laptop is excellent, I would give it a 5-star award on the software and function. Having said that, the built-in Samsung-function-software does get a bit "I'm taking over your computer" at times, there are about 10 different parts to it.

But much of the hardware is not the best - it is not particually solidly built and I have a technical problem with the keyboard (No idea if this is just my machine, especially after reading the review above this one) - fairly frequently I am typing away looking down at the keyboard in any selection of documents/web pages/applications/etc and I look up to see the curser has jumped to a completely random point on the screen (often in the middle of another word) so I need to cut'n'paste to rectify - rather annoying when this is approx twice a day in normal use. I think I'm going to get onto Samsung about this actually and will ammend this review if it gets sorted...
In addition, I personally find the keyboard design annoying in that the "NUM-PAD" is not spaced or lined-off in any way so it is frustrating finding the "delete" key in what should be "the corner" but takes me about 2 seconds to locate every time! It only has three USB ports which I can just about live with, but as I use an add-on-mouse thats one gone permanently, it could do with four really... The camera is good, but the built-in microphone is pretty poor too, I use a cheap external one and it gives twice the quality of the sound...
Overall Ok a machine but not impressed really.