5.0 out of 5 stars Simply marvellous!
Published on 5 Sept. 2012 by Ms. Ren Reynolds

3.0 out of 5 stars so tiny
not too bad, must say the size is absolutely shockingly small and therefore - now i know- dont expect much. TV loaded all the channels but strength is poor (we do live fairly on the hill, and not in any tower block crammed area) therefore no channels would play properly.
Shame.
Published 16 months ago by B Parr

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply marvellous!, 5 Sept. 2012
Ms. Ren Reynolds "Ren" (Newquay, UK) - See all my reviews
Like others, I bought the freeview dongle for my net book but the aerial wasn't strong enough despite living in Cornwall which was one of the first switchover areas a few years ago. So I upgraded and ordered this little gem with the security of knowing I could return it if I still couldn't get adequate signal. It arrived within a few days and after loading the channels initially through a roof top aerial, plugged in the booster - ta dah! perfect reception and over 75 freeview channels to choose from. I spend a lot of the summer roaming in my campervan and didn't want a huge aerial sticking out of my roof so this is absolutely perfect - discreet and space efficient as it's tiny. Depending on where I park, signal can still be an issue but no worse than mobile phone coverage in Cornwall and generally after a little giggery pokery I can get at least some of the channels even in the remotest areas. For anyone looking for a space saving solution - I absolutely recommend this gadget.

5.0 out of 5 stars Receiving you loud and clear..., 11 May 2012
I was looking for a Freeview aerial that I could use to get a better reception on my USB tuner stick. As I'd bought an August tuner, i thought that going for one of their aerials would make sense. Looking through their selection, I found this one without any reviews, it seems like its the newest one they've released and as its small in size, amplified and has a monitor clip, I decided to take my chances and place an order.

My package arrived swiftly, as ever through Amazon, and on opening the box I found an instruction manual (still unread), and 4 nicely wrapped parts, the aerial, suction mount (haven't used it), the amplifier and the clip mount. Unwrapping the clip mount, aerial and amplifier, I pieced it all together (seconds work) and plugged it into my Laptop, after a rescan for channels I found I could now view 70+ and the ones that were a bit juddery before now played smoothly without that annoying Freeview stutter. The clip works well to secure it to my laptops monitor but my favourite part to this aerial is the fact that the amplifier is a separate unit. This means that it can be used with other aerials, I tried it with my Bravia and found that the USB port on the back would power it allowing me to amplify my rooftop aerial. Genius!

I can thoroughly recommend this aerial, it does its job and receives signal nicely...

3.0 out of 5 stars so tiny, 10 Dec. 2013
B Parr "Bibley" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: August DTA225W - Amplified Freeview TV Aerial - Portable Digital Antenna with Signal Booster for USB TV Tuner / DVB-T Television / DAB Radio - With Suction Cup and Clip Mount (Electronics)
Shame.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works fine within sensible expectations, 18 Jan. 2014
Bought after I bought the August USB TV tuner stick. This is an improvement as couldn't get hardly anything with the aerial that came with the USB tuner and for this price makes it a working package. It's only a very small aerial so suprising that it does work really but also as someone else pointed out you actually get a USB powered aerial amp separate to the mini aerial so if you are even just after a USB TV amp then it's good value. As with any digital TV signal though unless you have decent reception then you will have problems - if in a weak area then you can still expect to have reception problems even with this. You'll find that DAB radio works better with this, TV as above will depend on the area

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the one: outstanding, and so small., 31 May 2014
Those many reviews suggesting 'all portable TV aerial are similar (and inferior to fixed high gain aerials)' - are simply not true. Having returned a non-boosted 'high gain' aerial which did not work in my area, this aerial immediately gave a signal as good as my fixed household aerial.

It's so tiny, too. Ideal for my hand-held mini LCD TV.

For portability, just make sure your mini TV has a USB power source for the DTA225W. Makes for slightly complicated wiring/plug-ins, but it works superbly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little piece of kit, 23 Aug. 2013
Use this on a very old laptop when touring in my caravan and it works well when plugged into the caravan aerial. I tour a lot in Scotland where reception can be patchy but I can generally receive the main channels and lots of radio stations. Have also used it in Yorkshire where it picked up 107 stations which is more than I get from my high gain aerial at home! Couldn't recommend the aerial supplied as it doesn't seem to be very effective but otherwise brilliant./

3.0 out of 5 stars It's an aerial., 5 May 2013
I expect it would work for some in a different area. Didn't work very well for me. But that doesn't mean its no good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job ......, 24 April 2015
I ordered this amplified free view aerial to compliment the August DTV705 7" portable telly. The order was placed at lunchtime and the item arrived the next morning being very well packed into a tidy cardboard envelope. So far so good in the places where used outdoors I found this cheap ( well it is cheap so do not expect it not to look cheap )looking device will give far better reception strength than the non-amplified model I have been using. The images in the add for the aerial are a little misleading as the clip supplied is too small to fit the device ( clip on to it ) on to the edge of the tv. the suction pad supplied is a better option I found. ( I will keep this review updated )

4.0 out of 5 stars happy purchase, 19 May 2013
Has really boosted signal to my usb freeviewer. Am even getting rte in my area which I don't recieve using home ariel

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work, 7 July 2014
A. Noble - See all my reviews
I bought the August DVB-T205 USB Freeview Tuner together with the August DTA225W Amplified Freeview TV Aerial. I live about a mile from the Freeview transmitter, I am on the 2nd floor with a clear line of sight to the transmitter, but it couldn't pick up any channels at all.