on 19 May 2013
Been a long time admirer of Glen Hansard and the film and CD

Went to see the London show yesterday and have to say how impressed we were, also understand that a London cast version will be available in September (according to the steward - lets hope so)
The COMPLETE cast are truly a talented bunch of musicians that swap instruments as easy as they draw us into the show and make us laugh and enjoy the story
on 4 January 2013
great songs... great musical... we really enjoyed the show and have recommended the show and the CD to all our friends
on 7 May 2012
This cd is amazing. If you loved the movie you are definitely gonna love the broadway version of it. Wish i could go to NY to see it!!!
on 24 March 2015
I saw the musical in London and have also seen the film. I am a huge fan. I wish more people were familiar with the best songs and that we were hearing them sung by choirs, talent show contestants and on radio. Several of the songs are stunning. This musical sets the stage for musicals to develop in a whole new direction, less glitzy, with more feeling and more doubt. This is great to listen to in the car; and I'd recommend it. I wish the recording had been done in London, where the musical is by the way currently running, rather than in the US as for me this musical benefits from a London flavour..
on 5 September 2013
I have an original motion picture DVD "Once" and thoroughly enjoyed it. I watched it recently with my daughter and still toughed by its gentle, sweet and clean taste of its love story and musicality in whole. However, the soundtrack doesn't contain some of beautiful tunes that the girl sings! Here, with some new scores for the Broadway musical, we have a full soundtrack in the highest quality. If I have a chance, I'll go to see the musical in London. Highly recommended and it'll never disappoint you!
on 8 March 2014
This musical is so raw and beautiful. The songs are amazing even if you're not a fan of musicals.
I saw the London cast in March 2014 and I hope they bring out their version as well as this! The London cast have so much more power and emotion, and if you're down in London you should definitely go and see it!
on 25 June 2013
Wowing them with loads of Tony's last year, the stage show adds to the film and its soundtrack with a bit more of the Irish and the eastern European in the music. The same haunting melodies and simple acoustics of the original but more than just a repeat.
on 19 October 2013
If you haven't seen the musical or the film, then you must! Buy this album before watching the show / film & it will be even more stunning for you. However, I saw the musical without knowing any of the music before & I was still blown away.
on 15 November 2013
Arrived quickly. I've enjoyed listening to the music before going to see the show in London. I would recommend becoming familiar with the music if you plan to see the show as it makes the experience so much better.
on 6 May 2015
Once is an amazing story of true Irish Love. The all encompassing love for music. It is a very coy look at how people interact with one another. Would loved to have seen it on the West End. Well done all concerned.