3,215 Reviews
 (1,948)

5.0 out of 5 stars WHAT THE HELL AM I GOING TO READ NOW!!
I'm finding it hard to write this review.. I'm stopping and starting..but surfice to say I absolutely loved this trilogy of books 5 stars plus to all of them..I finished Fifty shades freed about half an hour ago and just sat looking at the my iPad screen for 10 minutes..I like a lot of readers who take time write reviews am an avid reader..cram as many in a week as I can...
Published on 29 Mar. 2012 by bliz

1.0 out of 5 stars 50 Reasons to buy a Thesaurus.
Thankfully I have now crawled to the end of this series. Amongst the poverty of plot, paucity of writing & preposterous sex scenes I found I had actually learned a few things:

A) Repetition, repetition, repetition. I could probably write a composite Ana/Christian love scene, ending with the requisite shattering, but I couldn't actually pick out a single love...
Published on 27 Jun. 2012 by beakerj

‹ Previous | 114 15 16322 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A love story that will live with you - forever., 27 April 2012
Amazon Customer (Wiltshire, England.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fifty Shades Freed (Kindle Edition)
Like many other reviewers on here, I cannot emphasise enough how amazing this series is. As an avid reader of erotica/fantasy/romance novels, this has now creeped up to my favourite list; well OK, sprinted up would probably be more like it - on steroids.

I normally read authors like J.R. Ward, Kresley Cole, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Nalini Singh, Jacqueline Frank etc.. and like E L James, love the Twilight saga - although this is rather a tamed down series to the more erotica storylines of the others. But... and oh but... what E L James has done with this series is take an incredibly beautiful romance story, but throw in the elements of mature erotica without it being too sordid and seedy, and boy oh boy, what a treat!

My heart was in my throat towards the end of this book. The depth of love and despair that Anastasia and Christian flit between is a joy to experience, and it took you on a rollercoaster ride of emotion. I felt so connected to the characters by the third book, that at times I felt almost guilty to have been delving into something that I shouldn't have been.

I did feel at times this final instalment could have been abit shorter and cut to the chase quicker, as the seat gripping drama towards the end was a long time coming. In saying that however, I was still sad to have finished it. You know when you have read something great, when you feel a sense of loss when it ends.

It was refreshing for me to come away from the more 'fantasy' literature section and focus and fall in love with two characters with a heartbeat for once - and because of this, I believe this romance story is one that I will never forget, it will remain on my top 20 list for a very long time, if not - forever.

5.0 out of 5 stars So sad I've finished the trilogy!, 15 May 2012
Mrs VB (Gloucestershire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fifty Shades Freed (Kindle Edition)
I read the Fifty Shades trilogy in just over a week & thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish. James is an extremely talented writer who managed to keep the trilogy going at full speed.

With more twists & turns than the Monoco Grand Prix, Fifty Shades Freed always kept me on the edge of my seat & desperate to find out what happened next.

At first I was unsure about the different style of this when compared to the previous two - it is more Present Day > Flashback > Present Day, unlike the chronilogically written first two books. But actually, I quite enjoyed it. James filled in the gaps extremely well & I did not feel unsatisfied with the "missed" parts.

The third book is by far the most romantic with its signature kinkiness of course! The whole trilogy is a must read for any woman over 18 with a fairly open mind!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fifty Shades book 3, 22 April 2012
Sarah (Feeling Fictional) (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Fifty Shades Freed (Kindle Edition)
Considering the number of things that irritate me about this series I am utterly addicted and well and truly on the Fifty bandwagon! I did feel that the author could have ended the story after Fifty Shades Darker until she included the epilogue at the end so I wasn't too sure what I would think of Fifty Shades Freed. I wasn't sure there was enough story left for a third book but I was happy to be proved wrong and this book was just as addictive as the rest.

Christian and Ana have married and enjoyed the honeymoon of a lifetime but it's now time to get back to reality and the pressures of work and daily life. Christian has come a long way working through his issues but he still has a way to go and the couple are still learning to live together and find a balance in their relationship. Their problems only get bigger when a face from the past makes an appearance determined to cause trouble.

I have absolutely loved the changes we've seen in Christian since the first book, he stole my heart against my wishes during the first book but I love him even more now. The romance between him and Ana may not have been traditional but it was beautiful to see. I felt that E.L. James has ended their story perfectly although I don't want to let the characters go. After the epilogue you get to see Christian and Ana's first couple of meetings (the interview and his visit to the hardware store) from his point of view and I loved getting to see inside his head. In fact, reading those few chapters made me desperately want to pick up Fifty Shades of Grey and start the series again from the beginning! So far I've managed to resist but I'm not sure how long that will last. I really would love to see the author rewrite the whole series from Christian's point of view.

This series has been utterly compulsive reading. It has romance with a seriously effed-up hero, humour, plenty of erotic scenes, great character development and a relationship you can believe in. The writing isn't the best and it could have used some serious editing to cut out the repetition but that didn't stop me enjoying every minute of it. This was a wild ride and one that has made me a proud member of the Christian Grey fan club!

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartstopping Conclusion, 19 Jan. 2012
Lenny "Writer, beerdrinker, dogwalker" (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
A third and final helping of every girl's favourite masterful tortured billionaire, Christian Grey. Just when you think Anastasia has tamed him he continues to take her and us by surprise. And feisty, independent, lippy Ana has a few surprises for him too.

Raunchy as ever, funny as ever, thrilling as ever, this one is really touching at the end. A great read that rounds off the trilogy brilliantly.

Keep it coming ELJ!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fifty Shades More Please!, 1 Sept. 2012
D. L. O'leary "Mrs O" (Berkshire Engaland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fifty Shades Freed (Paperback)
Well yes I get that this is not the most intellectual novel ever written but, hey did you really expect it to be? The sex stuff is all a bit far fetched I'll give you that, or maybe I've just been married too long and that's what everyone does..what do I know. But despite all this I loved this book. Infact I loved all three of them!
The characters are wonderful and I feel quite robbed that there is not a 4th book to curl up with to find out what happens to them next. They're all far too colourful to be real, but that's what makes it all the more readable
I hope Ms James can come up with a further installment, but I doubt it bearing in mind the red room is going to have to go, what with the new domestic situation.
If you liked the first 2 books then yes buy this and you won't be disappointed

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh I want MORE!, 2 May 2012
This review is from: Fifty Shades Freed (Kindle Edition)
You really have to read all three of these books to understand the whole story. I have loved them all from beginning to end and with each book and been unable to put them down, to the extent that I had my kindle leaning up against my computer at work and whilst everyone thought I was working I was getting my Grey fix.

I loved Christian and his desire and passion, I loved Ana and her so called innocence and understanding. This book just goes to show you never know what goes on behind closed doors in other peoples houses. To those who say there is no story and just sex you obviously have not read all three books. I am sad they have come to an end. My family on the other hand will probably be glad that my kindle is no longer surgically attached to my hand.
I think these books would make a good holiday read. If you like Jackie Collins books you will probably love these, probably not books I would recommend to my mom and daughter to read though. (79 and 17)

1.0 out of 5 stars Free from reading this rubbish ever again, 17 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Fifty Shades Freed (Paperback)
At last the book club has finished these 3 books and we can read something good. These 3 books are in a word crap. I hated them all and I now wonder where I can off load them so some one else can waste 3 days of their lives reading them. Cant see what all the fuss is about.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great surprising read, 21 Jan. 2012
Trust me when I say I was waiting for this book with a need bordering on obsessional. Again E L James out does herself. The book has great twists and turns. I like the fact that fifty finally accepts and deals with his past through his love of Ana. The best scenes in this book make your heart race and you find yourself reading just that little quicker. Ana shows just how much she loves her man unconditional. The bonus material is a lovely touch and made me want to read the whole trilogy again.

3.0 out of 5 stars over hyped, 7 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Fifty Shades Freed (Paperback)
Having read numerous excellent reviews I looked forward to enjoying this triology but was hugely disappointed I could not see how these books are turning women into more unlikely to have a headache at night time and keen to make their men happy in the bedroom.I found the sex scenes boring and repetitive.They make out so often I wondered how they found time to do anything else.The main characters in the story Christian and Ana were well portrayed and I Liked the verbal interaction between them particularly on the e mail.In summlng up I would say that it was an okay reading experience but that E L James had been extremely lucky that due to media mass hysteria her novel has sold so phenomally.I would add that the storyline was just about good enough to carry me to the finishing line.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of all of the three, 6 July 2012
This review is from: Fifty Shades Freed (Paperback)
This was definatly the best of all three of them,I loved the other two books but this was definatly my most faviroute it had much more action not just sex.

This book really pulls at your heartstrings, you can feel both Christian and Ana's pain during their fights and you can really feel the love between these people as they struggle through Christian's past horrors. Seriously if I knew my man had gone out drinking with one of his exes after a fight I would have been furious.

Didn't think I would like this saga as much as I do and I can't wait to see the movie so even if your not sure your going to like this saga just buy it and try it because it really is worth it so glad I bought them all together I wouldn't have been able to wait for the next one to come.

‹ Previous | 114 15 16322 | Next ›