Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Listen with Prime Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

on 26 March 2012
If you are a Lissie fan then you'll probably enjoy this - it is an EP of cover songs by Lissie. I bought this for my wife as she was a big fan of Lissie's cover of Go Your Own Way - disappointingly this isn't actually on the EP. I thought the quality of the recording was fine, it has a good raw rock sound. Beware of some explicit language in the recording - especially if you're buying it as a gift as I was - there was no warning from reading the item description on Amazon.
on 6 March 2013
As a couple of previous customer reviews have complained about what's NOT on the CD and Amazon haven't provided a track list, I thought I'd better check what IS on the CD.

This listing is for the imported US version of the EP. The UK version also includes Fleetwood Mac's "Go Your Own Way", and is also available on Amazon (but at a slightly higher price at time of writing) [...] (may need to copy/paste)

TRACKLIST (From Lissie.com)

Covered Up With Flowers (US Version)

1. Pursuit Of Happiness
2. Bad Romance
3. Games People Play
4. Nothing Else Matters
5. The Ship Song

TRACK INFO

An EP of covers; 3 of the songs - Kid Cudi's `Pursuit of Happiness', Metallica's `Nothing Else Matters' and Lady Gaga's `Bad Romance' are regular parts of the live set.

The EP also has two new covers: Joe South's `Games People Play' and Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds' `The Ship Song'.

[Disclosure: The above link "[...]" to another product on the Amazon.co.uk web site is an Associate Link, for which Amazon will pay me a small commission if followed. The price you pay is not affected. If you prefer, this link Covered Up With Flowers bypasses that.]
on 17 March 2012
Do not buy this if you have seen the twinning ad and whant the track Go your own way, as it is not included on the C.D. You need to get the MP3 download. Good version of The ship song, but recording not top quality on all tracks.
on 22 March 2014
Slightly confused by some of the other reviews. I can't remember when I actually bought this but my version does include Go Your Own Way.
Love the covers of Pursuit of Happiness, Go Your Own Way, Bad Romance and Nothing Else Matters but not so sure about The Games People Play and Ship Song.
This was my introduction to Lissie and I have since bought her albums and seen her live - and wouldn't hesitate to do so again.
on 19 July 2014
Great versions of the covers and love Lissie's vocal delivery, but it is let down by a poor vinyl pressing. Lots of surface noise on the vinyl, which can't be removed by any cleaning or anti-static brushing. Sounds like a fair-good second hand record.
on 16 March 2016
I bought this Cd Album because it was advertised with six tracks, but there was only five tracks with the one missing - go you own way. This was disappointing as l wanted this track on the Cd. I may purchase this Cd with this missing track elsewhere.
on 6 May 2014
Lissie does an excellent job with covers that makes them her own. I really surprised by "Nothing Else matters" from Metallica and how she covered it. This is another CD of hers that I can't stop playing.
on 4 October 2013
Very dissapointed to find after ordering this CD that the Track I wanted Go Your Own Way is not even included on this issue. Anyone else wanted this fine cover version needs to look at buying the film sountrack.
on 12 August 2013
Execllent collection of songs from an excellent artist. Liaise is not the usual run of the mill product that you see these days. She is from the old school - learning her trade on the road.
on 4 February 2012
Bought as a present for a friend - she loves it. Price was good, delivery was fast and item was exactly as described. Everybody's happy.