Format: Vinyl|Change

on 17 June 2012
This EP has revived my love for Miles Kane that started to dwindle a while after the release of his first album 'My Fantasy'. What I like is that he doesn't seem too bothered about the trends in music or any of the dance stuff going on in the charts. He just ambles along, every now and then dropping an awesome tune like the Bond-esque 'First Of My Kind', which is just so deceptively simple. If I'm listening to this whilst walking down the street it makes me feel 10x cooler (though I know I don't look it!)
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 31 August 2015
This EP contains four essentials for fans of Mr. Kane, the first three are red hot both instrumentally and production-wise.

The title track is very cool, and would have made a decent James Bond movie theme. It was co-written with his long time friends Alex Turner and Eugene McGuinness. You can own this on a psychical CD if you buy the deluxe edition of his second album 'Don't Forget Who You Are': Don't Forget Who You Are (Deluxe).

The next track, the addictive, Kasabian-isque 'Get Out the Way' will stay in you're head all day after a few listens. Anyone who has followed this man's career closely will know that Miles always picks great songs to cover, giving them his unmistakable stamp, and the cover here is Tom Jones' 'Looking Out My Window'. The fourth is a stunning acoustic performance of 'The Colour of the Trap', which was the title track of his first solo album.

A great lyricist who knows how to create punchy melodies, Miles Kane has a very distinctive voice, and I look forward to the third album.