5.0 out of 5 stars Where did 20 years go?
Published on 23 Mar 2012 by Robin Harvie

3.0 out of 5 stars Funny
A very funny and interesting history of New Labour. Easily read on my HTC smartphone.

I remember the times and it was interesting to read what had been going on behind the scenes as well.

Thanks.
Published 22 months ago by Morseman

3.0 out of 5 stars Funny, 21 Sep 2012
This review is from: Things Can Only Get Bitter: The Lost Generation of 1992 (Kindle Edition)

Thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Where did 20 years go?, 23 Mar 2012
Robin Harvie - See all my reviews
Can you remember where you were when the Tory's won the 1992 election? I can still picture it 20 years on - a kind of funereal silence descended on the house and it wasn't until YouTube had been invented that I saw the funny side of Kinnock's 'We're Alright!' speech. What happened between now and then has been left in something of a dark fuzz, and it was only when I read this excellent (and delightfully short) book on the fallout from that night that I properly pieced those two decades back together, from BritPop to Spitting Image, from Jack Dee to Alan McGee, there is an unbelievable wealth of reference here, and full of those 'I remember that' moments, that makes it the perfect 30 minute read on the bus on the way to the pub quiz.

4.0 out of 5 stars Informative, 5 Jun 2013
R. Luther (UK) - See all my reviews
I found the book informative, stimulating and challenging. It was good to be able to read a book like this on Kindle when not requiring it for one's library - this makes it ecologically friendly!

1.0 out of 5 stars Plea for it as a book, 20 April 2012
I would love to be able to read this but am stuck because I don't have a kindle and can' t get my kindle for ipad to work. Oh please can we have it in paper? - one of those old fashioned book things that people of this demographic were brought up using. I heard the author talking on Start the Week and thought it a really interesting point, as someone of the same age. Every contemporary who was politically active when we were young is not now. I think the politics of the eighties was so unappealing there was no space for reasonable thinking people. I don't really think it was the 1992 election.