on 17 January 2013
Frontline has always been my favourite brand of flea killer as fipronil is very effective. However, having to visit the vets or a pet store to buy it for an outrageous price has always put me off and I keep trying (and being disappointed by) cheaper alternatives. Now that Bob Martin are doing fipronil that I can pick up at the supermarket and at a reasonable price I doubt I will be buying anything else.
on 27 February 2013
This works. My cats are flea-free. They hate spot-on products for some reason, but despite their best efforts to make it as difficult for me as possible, it's easy enough to apply. They sulk for a bit afterwards, but it's worth it to have them flea-free. If only I could explain to them that it's for their own good.
on 31 August 2013
It's good to be able to buy regular treatment for your pet at a price that is so much cheaper than at the vets. Thank you!
on 15 August 2014
I bought this stuff at Sainsburys.

Poisonous and ineffective.

I treated my two cats. They both suffered hair loss in the patches where it was applied as if they had been burnt by acid.

My larger cat Mojo vomited white foam a few days after application and required a emergency trip to the vets.

The fleas didn't die either.

Do not buy this stuff.
on 29 July 2015
I was so nervous buying a spot on type of flea killer as they all seemed to have some horrific feedback reviews. My two cats (one male one female) are in-door cats. I have only had them for almost 3 years but was told they have always been indoor cats. However, at 11 years old they are no longer young and sprightly and therefore not able to fight off bad drug side effects so you can imagine my dilemma. I was so shocked when I noticed grit in the female's fur around the base of her tail and stupidly told myself it couldn't possibly be flea dirt (poo). Like an idiot I just kept brushing her in the hope I would get rid of the 'grit'. Several weeks later I noticed that both cats were scratching themselves furiously. I just knew what the problem was and after using a nit comb which instantly produced leaping dirt fleas as confirmation, I rushed to my computer and straight onto Amazon for a solution. I only looked at the flea killers that were available on Prime as I couldn't leave my gorgeous cats suffering and nearest shops were too far away for me to get to. (I am confined to a wheelchair).
I read the good and bad reviews for Bob Martin's Flea Clear and decided that it had the most favourable reviews. True to Amazon Prime's promise the order arrived next day (less than 24 hours later in fact, which is fantastic). I was so nervous putting the drops onto my cats but the leaping fleas quickly encouraged me to use them. My female cat has a thick, dense coat and was the most infected so it was quite difficult to get her coat parted enough to reveal skin at the base of her neck and between her shoulders but unusually she let me fiddle around until I got the ideal spots. My male cat has a slightly longer and much less dense coat so no problem there.
I watched them like a hawk for hours in case they had an adverse reaction to the drops but they had none. After 24 hours they were still itching quite a lot and were getting less relief than I expected but I did see some dead fleas so knew it was working. By 48 hours the fleas were dead! My cats were so exhausted because they had been getting little sleep with the constant itching that they slept so well that night and woke in the best mood for a long time! I would definitely recommend this product but you must use the correct spots i.e. the base of the head and between the shoulders - both areas are out of reach for the cat to lick and if you have more than one cat do not allow them to groom (lick) each other or they will get seriously ill and could die. Make sure you wear rubber/latex gloves so that you do not get any of the liquid on you as it is poison to us too. Take your time when treating your cat/s and make sure you get right down to the skin when you are parting the fur. Be patient! Don't be tempted to put on more than the prescribed amount. It takes 48 hours to work but it could be more if your cat has a lot of fur. DON'T TOUCH YOUR CAT AND DON'T LET CHILDREN PLAY WITH THE CAT DURING TREATMENT - certainly not around the neck area. If you do touch your cat make sure you wash your hands immediately. Brush your cat's fur every day to remove the dead and dying fleas. Vacuum the cat's bedding and all the areas it lies in every day. Don't forget to worm the cat too as fleas can carry tape worm.
on 15 July 2014
I felt I should review this product as I have read so many negative comments about it. We used it on our 10 week old kitten last week. He has had no problems and it seems to have done the job, and removed the fleas. I was worried as I used the product and then read the reviews on amazon. I would recommend it to anyone.
on 7 May 2013
Although a little worried about changing from my regular monthly Frontline treatment for my cats, I have found this an excellent alternative. No problems treating them, it works very well, and costs a lot less. I shall be buying this again in the future.
on 15 August 2013
Our cat was scratching quite a lot so deceided to get some flea treatment. Bob Martin is a good name so went with this. Stopped his scratching and been clear since.
on 14 December 2014
Do not use this product. First of all google and read the awful reports on this product. I used it on both my cats. My 12 year old cat was very ill after using and 7 weeks later is still covered in sores. The other cats was okay but then so were the fleas.; It did nothing to get rid of them. Please read the reviews first before using this product. Cats have died and some very poorly.
this product should not be on the market.
review image review image
on 28 May 2014
Terrible waste of money. I found this didn't work at all for my cat, whom after two four week applications was still suffering from fleas. It didn't seem to bring her any relief at all. Won't buy again.