on 25 August 2012
These are really lovely towels, very soft and very large so after a shower can comfortably sit in them and dry off whilst keeping warm.

My only gripe is that the fluff on them tends to get everywhere, even after putting through the wash a couple of times before using I was coated in a layer of black fluff (along with my bathroom) and for a couple of months after I would still get a few bits on me after using them though has since been fine. If it's a real issue for you I'd suggest maybe another colour as obviously black is more noticeable, despite that I'd still recommend them as they are really soft, large and warm.
on 24 November 2015
First ever review - feel compelled to warn people to AVOID this seller (Viceroy) as we think they may well be wilfully mis-selling these towels.

We ordered these and the 'matching' 6 pc set. On arrival we looked at a couple of the ones in the 6 pc set which were fine and put the whole lot in for wash. Unfortunately it was only when we came to use our new 'luxury' towels that we realised we had been completely ripped off. The jumbo towels we received are thin and rough and most certainly not 650gsm or worth anywhere near the £25 plus p&p we paid. They are worse even than the cheap towels we wanted to replace and so so rough on the skin.

The difference between them and some of the towels in the 6pc set is huge. It is hard to capture the extent to which this is the case in a photo but attached is one showing the 6pc set on the left and the thin rough slightly darker coloured jumbo towels on the right. (As you can see they both have the same Luxor label). (UPDATE: I have now added two more photos in the hopes of better capturing the markedly different textures of the two towels.)

So we contacted the seller to say we were disappointed with the jumbo towels and wanted to return them due to the poor quality. We would have been fine with getting a replacement if the ones we received were in error but instead they seemed all too happy to respond that they would not take return of item as they had been washed.

Given we had also expressed interest in buying more towels if we could be assured that the poor quality was simply an error on their part (e.g. If they had sent a lower gsm product by mistake and were willing to replace it with the correct product), they have lost our custom and we would advise sellers to be cautious as at best it appears to be a lottery as to the quality you get and at worst they may be deliberately sending out poor quality products (particularly on the more expensive items) in the hopes that buyers don't notice until it is too late so that they can make more profit.
BUYER BEWARE!
review image review image review image
on 24 April 2011
The towels arrived quickly and they are lovely and soft and a great size. Even after having being washed a few times they have kept their colour and softness
on 24 January 2014
These were bought to replace 500gsm towels from Next and were even thinner than them,so i weighed them and the weight to size ratio is nowhere near 650gsm. Disappointed plus i think all the weight is in the edging hence the the reason they feel so thin.
on 24 January 2014
These towels are BLACK not dark green or any other colour. They are heavy weight and really BIG. I don't know if the seller is making a mistake but each towel has a price ticket from Luxor Cotton at £23.99 each. Smashing product if you want ot wrap yourself in a towel.
on 15 June 2014
These towels were absolutely fantastic, so big and brilliantly priced. You cannot ever find jumbo bath sheets in high street stores, and even when they are labelled as bath sheets, they are now way as big as these were. I will definitely buy from this seller again.
on 11 February 2014
Beautiful towels and VERY generously sized that wrap round me with plenty to spare and I am not a size 14 anymore!! Totally recommend and wonderful value for money. Look fabulous in my new white bathroom.
on 4 May 2013
Soft, huge towels. Amazing value for money....dont go to the shops, buy these !!!! Also bought in blue and would highly recommend (see blue review)
on 9 May 2014
Fantastic size really wraps all around you and very absorbent. Most bath sheets are not bath sheets they are very small bath towels but these are as they say on the packet and wonderful to use.
on 20 March 2013
As expected - great towels. Good size have washed well and the quality is as advertised proper luxury towels thanks