5.0 out of 5 stars Lite heavyweight
Published on 29 July 2012 by Phone_Junkie

3.0 out of 5 stars HTC Sensation XE
Everything looked right... but it turned out that this phone was produced for the Far East market. There is English, and the phone is useable, but there are subtle differences and shortcomings from the UK version (my son has the European version so I can compare precisely). So beware.
Published on 15 Nov. 2012 by Markusha

5.0 out of 5 stars Lite heavyweight, 29 July 2012
This review is from: Sensation XE Lite Sim Free Smartphone - Black (Electronics)
This phone of course is exactly the same as the XE that comes with the dre whatever, headphones. I bought the lite as don`t use headphones, was only 292quid at the time of purchase and didn`t fancy paying 100quid for headphones.A few reviews have shown they are not as good as cracked out. Review sites mention them as if they are actually a free gift-- they most certainly are not.

This phone is no doubt the best I have ever used. Screen is clear with nice non gaudy colours, as in Galaxy S3, too acrylic intense for my eyes. iBBC runs very well on it. Have watched couple of hour and a half programmes on it and never once stalled. Good enough screen to enjoy what you are watching. Reading books, mmm, well, I did read Minority Report but I felt as if my rt thumb was getting cramped up, so many pokes needed.

Internet browsing is so fast it doesn`t seem possible for a phone. My daughter has iPhone 4s and we compete for speed, she is beaten on any page she chooses. Techradars review pages leave her well behind. 4S is still quick, but!

Messaging is easy enough to use, plenty of room on keyboard. Android system gives you so much to do, with so many hidden menus it can be rather complex to use, ok if like me you have used Android before. Straight from the "designed-for-kids-iphone" and you going to have to get a big thinking cap on, as will be in for a right culture shock.

The camera is first rate, was amazed when started using it at quality of pictures. Again my daughter and I have had a pic competition, difficult call as 4S camera is very good indeed.Have posted some pics on this page. Am no Bailey but should show quality, I hope. One stunning phone and worth every penny spent on it. Of course it looks real good too.

4.0 out of 5 stars ok but freezed alot! Updated: HTC FIXED NOW, 8 Feb. 2013
S. L. O. Ltd (UK) - See all my reviews
Good fast phone and nice looking (bit wider and bigger than iPhone) but not as large as some of the newer phones on the market.

Unfortunately the HTC Sensation XE seems to freeze and lock up occasionally - so only thing can do to reset is to take battery out, tried all updates, HTC firmware updates etc. still not sure why....

UPDATE

The frequency of freezing up was increasing alarmingly and was really really frustrating. After trying several methods to fix the freezing issue it still didn't help.

eg. We replaced the oem battery with another brand of battery and monitored temperatures - this did seem to help for a few days and phone temperatures were lower. But slowly and surely the freezing issue would return and get worse...

In the end even after several factory resets, checking for updates and other methods were tried as we were still within the 1 year warranty period we contacted HTC support who advised us to send it in. They collect it, fixed it and sent it back (could have done with more void fill packaging) all within about a week or less so we were happy with the service, although HTC didn't state the reason of the fault which would have been nice to know...

I suspect that the processor was perhaps overheating (due to lack of thermal paste?), alternatively may have been a motherboard fault / hardware.

Anyway phone all fixed now and very rarely freezes if at all, so overall quite happy with this phone and fast HTC repair.

3.0 out of 5 stars HTC Sensation XE, 15 Nov. 2012