Format: Audio CD|Change

on 10 August 2012
If you're expecting to find the next hotel california, or life's been good to me - you might be disappointed.

I don't think this album is about that, it's a grown up album full of meaningful, and touching songs, with a good slice of the Walsh humour thrown in for good measure. It's subtle in places, but its worth the time listening properly.

It's full of well recorded, tracks - and the songs all have meaning and depth. There are no filler tracks, and it feels to me, like this album marks a milestone in the writers life.

Some of the content type is quite obvious, it's a very honest, upfront and engaging album. The musicianship is always tasteful, and as usual - Joe does some lovely, tasty guitar work, which he always manages to strike a good balance between technique and emotion.

All in all, I'd say if you're a fan of his work, you have to get this. But even if you're not, I'm sure it would appeal to many people, who appreciate good honest music that has depth and meaning.

It is not manufactured pop, or disposable junk - a very well recorded, written and thought out album in my opinion. It took a few listens to really get it, but now that I have, I really enjoy it. It took months before I could prise it out of the car CD player - and that's saying something!
on 4 July 2012
Ok, so he's never really been away, with The Eagles still doing their thing, but that has stopped him from producing a solo record for 20 years.....that ain't a good thing! However, the wait is over, and it's a great album. 'Analog Man', 'Wrecking Ball', 'Lucky That Way', set the album on its way, with traditional Joe Walsh humour, as well as the musical excellence. 'Spanish Dancer' isn't my favourite, but it's catchy, and plays its part. The only other low spot for me is 'Hi-Roller Baby'...bit of a filler for me - especially if you have the CD/DVD version, which has two additional tracks, both of which should be on the main album. 'Fishbone' is weird, but fun, and is.....well, Joe Walsh! 'But I Try' is brilliant! Not only that, but it's The James Gang having a ball. There is so much energy, just like them good old days, it will be a crime if they don't produce an album!! 'Funk 50' of course is also a reference to those days.

Special mention for 'India'. It's funky, it's jazzy, and rocks.....superb! On the production side, shame some of the drums sound like they've been taken off an ELO album!

So this IS a welcome return. What saddens me though, is that we won't see him come over and play some solo gigs....even if it were just a couple at The Albert Hall, it would be the perfect return!
on 12 August 2012
I really like this new album from Joe, It's nice to hear some new material from him as a solo artist, and I know you can hear the Jeff Lynne production and influence, but I don't have an issue with this, not like some reviewers, Jeff is a British music icon, he's a singer, songwriter, guitarist & producer I could go on, having Jeff collaborating in any way or form on your album is an advantage and not a hindrance as far as I'm concerned.

The first listen went right over my head but I knew there was definitely something good about this album, after another 4 or 5 listens my judgement was confirmed all good catchy tunes & melodies, especially the lovely balled `Family' which really caught my attention early on, the one track I was surprised at was the last track `India' seems more of a dance track but it does pull itself around with Joe's great guitar work, I'm glad it did, can't stand dance music, but no bad tracks here so no need to go through each track deciphering the good from the bad.

It's just a pity that we're relying on the godfathers of rock to release new decent material, anyway! If this doesn't put a smile on your face then nothing will! My only gripe is I just wish it was longer than 37 odd minutes.
on 30 June 2015
I love Joe Walsh's music . He took the eagles to another level , this guy is so talented . He was the James Gang , although they were an awesome 3 piece with Joe . I don't buy albums on other people's reviews ,simply because everyone has differing tastes and I buy an album by artists I like and where they're at now .This is Joe from the legendary stuff He did with the Gang , with a more relaxed style as He is used too , with the eagles .' Lucky that way ' to me is Joe's eagles influenced song .The guitar on this album, is signature Walsh and as raw as it ever was when He chooses . His voice hasn't lost any of its uniqueness . He seems at ease with His life now as is reflected in some of the songs , namely the excellent ' Family ' . Keep Rocking Joe , you don't need the eagles although they might need you . I haven't got issues like some with Jeff Lynn producing , but I know what you mean , the song 's that Joe produced seem to have a sharper/cleaner edge .
on 4 September 2012
Joe Walsh's long overdue album lives up to the good reviews already posted. As an avid Eagles/Walsh fan I have seen him perform many times going back to his performance at Wembley which featured Elton John, The Eagles and the Beach Boys in 1976. He joined the Eagles on stage - the start of something big. Anyway this latest offering is typically autobiographical; One Day at a Time highlights the booze and drugs years, there is a save the planet theme and 'Lucky that way' follows on from that old favourite; 'Lifes been good' As usual, brilliant guitar work on this album, he really is a master and to coin that old phrase he really does make the instrument speak. If you don't know his work and have seen that Jeff Lynne is involved, don't let that put you off, this album is neither commercial pap or an ELO sound-alike. Just buy it!
on 18 July 2012
I have long been an ardent fan of Joe Walsh's from the early days of the James Gang through the Eagles and Joe's several solo albums,so when I found out a new album was due for release I couldn't wait to get my hands on it.With Jeff Lynne helping out with the prodution and playing all manner of instuments on most of the tracks,this is a stand out album,there isn't a bad track on the cd and the two stand out tracks are the title track "Analog Man" and "One day at a time" which is an update on the track "lifes been good to me so far" from a few years ago,listen to the words,I cannot recommened this album enough,I bought the delux version this comes with a second disc which is a DVD of three live tracks from the album worth the extra money.Buy this Album.
on 22 August 2012
I'm no expert where Joe Walsh is concerned, and I'm not going to spout superlatives about his virtuosity where guitar-playing is concerned; rather I am simply going to say that I am really, really enjoying listening to this album! From the comical opening title track right through to the closer, the thumping 'India' there's not a duffer on here. His voice sounds as good as it ever did and yes, he can play! I see this as a follow-up to the marvellous 'But Seriously Folks ...' which stretches back to 1978; the songs are similar in style and there are the same kind of catchy chord sequences.
Just one quibble - as with the aforementioned 1978 album, this one is ridiculously short - 36 minutes 36 seconds. Come on, Joe - we deserve more!
on 13 July 2012
I bought this album on the fact of being a big jeff lynne/elo fan and a big respect for joe walsh/eagles.I can not stop listen to this brilliant work by these two legends.For me its a taster for JEFF LYNNES new solo album coming out in a few months.Joe and Jeff are great mates and respect each other,they combine their talents brilliant here.Would love to see them do another album together with Jeff doing more vocals next time, as that is the only complaint i have of Analogue Man, apart from that they make brilliant music together, easily the best release this year,now I wait for Jeff Lynnes new album and i hope Joe Walsh is there too.Any music lover must go out and buy Analogue Man, its fantastic top notch music, a must buy.
on 23 July 2012
FANTASTIC ALBUM & GREAT PRODUCTION FROM JEFF LYNN. THE VIDEO AT THE OLD EAGLES HAUNT THE TROUBADOUR IS A NICE ADDITION (DELUXE VERSION)& WORTH THE EXTRA COUPLE OF QUID. THE OBVIOUS REVELATION FROM THIS ALBUM IS THAT MR WALSH IS IN A GOOD PLACE THESE DAYS. HIS MARRIAGE TO RINGO STAR'S WIFE'S SISTER SEEMS TO HAVE SORTED HIM OUT BIG TIME. I'M DELIGHTED FOR HIM AS IT SHOWS IN THE MUSIC.THE RE-MAKE OF "ONE DAY AT A TIME" FOR THIS C.D.IS DIFFERENT FROM THE EAGLES LIVE IN MELBOURNE DVD & IS ARGUABLY BETTER & REALLY KICKS ASS. A BRILLIANT ALBUM--GO BUY IT FOR A TREAT IF YOU'RE A GUITAR LOVER & LIKE MELODIC ROCK. JOE'S VOICE AT IT'S BEST. HAVE YOU PICKED UP THE VIBE THAT I LIKE THIS ALBUM QUITE A LOT????
on 12 February 2016
I have always loved our Joe Walsh right from when he first joined the Eagles through to present day. terrific guitar player with incredible ability & on this new album he sounds better than ever, his voice is also on top form here.

Great new album produced & engineered by the great Jeff Lynne & it shows with stunning clarity. Lyrically a clever album as well especially on the title track which is very apt & strikes a chord with people of my generation!

Joe Walsh..A legend & a genuinely nice guy too! Lastly this CD is a really nice package , lovely B&W artwork, gatefold sleeve & the disc is printed to look like a mini vinyl.
Brilliant!