The purpose of this short story is to introduce the reader to the Rachel Knight series. She is a trial attorney. I can honestly say that the short look into the concept, writing and characters is good enough to make me want to buy a full length book by this author. It has a great law and crime feel to it with the suspense of the courtroom. At the end of the short are excerpts from Clark's two books Guilt By Association and Guilt by Degrees.
on 23 April 2012
I've only recently started reading short stories via my Kindle and this is by far my favourite and I'm in full agreement with the previous review.
As a well crafted short story it very quickly and effectively establishes well rounded characters and plausible plot with a narrative that sustains the readers interest throughout.
Even with just one previous reviewer the synopsis was enough to capture curiosity giving sufficient information about the story without giving too much away.
As a demonstration of the authors abilities this story certainly achieved its aim leaving me keen to read more by this author.
on 1 May 2012
Brilliant quick read and I really enjoyed every word. I will read more of this authors works. Highly recommend this short piece of literature if court room drama is your reading genre.
on 29 April 2012
This download was excellent, fully enjoyed it with twists and turns throughout, could not put it down and now looking for more downloads fom the same author
on 2 May 2012
Downloaded this to my kindle. good holiday reading, and it was free!!! Will read more from this author. Keeps you guessing from beginning to end.
on 1 July 2013
was good till the end.
boring end and wont be buying anymore of Marcia Clark books in the future..disappointed :-(
on 4 October 2013
I am really enjoying the Rachel Knight series excellent gripping story lines an absolute must read cant wait for more!
on 7 May 2013
delivered to my kindle, no problems installing, not read any of this author before but turned out a very good read
on 2 October 2014
An excellent book, could not put it down...
on 1 July 2015