4.0 out of 5 stars You know it's true!
Firstly, you need to know that this is not a book about how to knit ( although you will find the odd useful tip ).
It's a very enjoyable and humorous look at what it means to be an avid knitter - if you are one, you will recognise yourself.There are many truisms in this book.
Published on 27 April 2005 by Helen M. Wyld

3.0 out of 5 stars frivolous
it made me laugh a bit, but mostly it made me feel very normal compared to the author - I'm sure she wouldn't be offended when I say she really is something of a freak. Most of us can't actually afford to buy the quantities of yarn she talks about! If you can, and you do, then you'll find a soul sister here. Then again, there are some very perceptive and helpful...
Published 23 months ago by B. Bytheway

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars You know it's true!, 27 April 2005
Helen M. Wyld "clockwatcher" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: At Knit's End (Paperback)
Small enough to fit in your handbag, it's amusing to delve into if you are not able to actually pick up your knitting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still has me in stitches....(with apologies for the lame pun)..., 29 Jan. 2008
L. de Ruiter - See all my reviews
This review is from: At Knit's End (Paperback)
Let me open with a rather bold statement: I have NEVER laughed as much and as often and as loud at a book as I have at this one...There is one little chapter that I can only read about 3 lines at a time (followed by a 30 second break while I laugh my head off). I literally end up with tears down my face, it is THAT funny! One very important caution though: I know from experience that it's only this funny if you're a knitter (I went through a phase of wanting to make everyone read it). If you don't knit, there will be whole sections that'll go completely over your head and have you wondering what on earth's so funny about it. Those will be the sections that will have a knitter collapsing with mirth. If you just do not "get" what in the world the attraction of knitting is, then don't read this book, as it will not enlighten you nor make you want to knit. If you are a knitter though, PLEASE read it....

5.0 out of 5 stars Didn't want At Knits End to End!!!, 1 July 2005
This review is from: At Knit's End (Paperback)
I really loved this book and constantly found myself laughing out loud. Everything rang true for me. I would totally recommend this book to anyone who is addicted to knitting as in this author you will have found a kindred spirit. Great book.

5.0 out of 5 stars For my friend who can knit and watch TV at the same time!, 10 Oct. 2007
Patricia (Hertfordshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: At Knit's End (Paperback)
I gave this delightful book to a dear friend of mine who knits wonderful toys for charity.She chuckled at every page.. A winner for the knitter who has everything.

Pat

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost better than knitting, 15 Nov. 2009
This review is from: At Knit's End (Paperback)
I love this book so much. It encapsulates the very heart of the meaning and value of my favourite craft. Stephanie is a genius and a lovely, incredibly funny person. Buy this book for anyone who knits, they will treasure it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 29 Mar. 2010
This review is from: At Knit's End (Paperback)
I love this. Easy to pick up and put down, or even just dip into. I've been smirking and laughing out load to myself with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars At Knit's End, 21 Nov. 2010
B. Warrington (Yorkshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: At Knit's End (Paperback)
This book is amazing - how does she know how I feel about knitting - but she does!!
I could not put this book down - it ticked all the boxes
I have since purchased the other books written by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
I highly recommend this book

5.0 out of 5 stars To all Knitters!, 3 Jan. 2012
This review is from: At Knit's End (Paperback)
This is a must- have book for all Knitters, young, old, learners and the experienced! Now I realise that I am one of thousands and not totally crazy on my own! A real laugh out loud book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Witty lit from a chick with sticks, 16 Mar. 2005
This review is from: At Knit's End (Paperback)
First, I have to say that I have not read this book yet. I'm just about to order it. However, I have been reading Stephanie's knitting blog - Yarn Harlot - for over a year now. She posts every day and her words of wisdom, her love for her family and her mitten obsession have made her the best friend I've never met. I'm looking forward to reading more "purls" of wisdom from Ms McPhee.

5.0 out of 5 stars No time to knit, busy reading!, 27 Jan. 2013
This review is from: At Knit's End (Paperback)
I just love this little 'pocket book', I didn't know that anecdotes on knitting could be such fun, I haven't finished it yet as I am actually learning to knit, (part of the reason I spotted this book and bought it) I was on Amazon buying books on beginner knitting, simple projects, now I find there is a whole world of 'hidden wool stashes' and 'knitting snobbery' out there just waiting for me to discover! A real find! Some real laughs, even for the non-knitter!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›