5.0 out of 5 stars Well Built
This is a well constructed rocker switch with a solid on/off action.
It is easily wired with four terminals not the normal two found in the
more flimsy type.
Published 8 months ago by Paddywac

1.0 out of 5 stars Appalling internals.
I have a table lamp on which the orginal bullet inline switch failed. I went to Amazon and bought a new one rated at 6amp. This duly arrived but found the robustness a bit over the top and its action very heavy AND so we come to this one which I ordered, as I thought that it would be more suitable and have a lighter action.
It arrived this morning and I tried the...
Published 22 months ago by HHGTTG

1.0 out of 5 stars Appalling internals., 5 Jan 2013
This review is from: 1 X INLINE ROCKER LIGHT SWITCH . WHITE . 2A TABLE LAMP SWITCH . (Electronics)
It arrived this morning and I tried the switching action a few times but found it a bit uneven between 'on' and 'off' but after few more cycles, it jammed completely! I removed the two screws and took the back off and was amazed how crude the mechanism was with the rocker switch just about being held in by flimsy prongs and soft plastic supports. The jamming was due to a spring loaded tensioner having been distorted and not supported sufficiently.
I put a bit of Silicone grease on appropriate parts and the action improved considerably but I am now worried about the flimsiness of this switch and whether, indeed there is room inside for a redundanct earth wire. There are no screwable cord grips either, this feature relying on tightening down the back casing.
All in all a shoddy product - Don't buy it. Even at just over a quid, it's not worth it

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth switching, 10 Jan 2014
Looks good very neat and an attractive price but----. Poor quality when it comes to wiring up. Poor quality brass fixings.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 19 Mar 2014
Arrived within a reasonable time, quality and was what I needed for the job. Couldn't fine one in the shops so this was ideal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Built, 17 Mar 2014
This is a well constructed rocker switch with a solid on/off action.
It is easily wired with four terminals not the normal two found in the
more flimsy type.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 5 Mar 2014
hi, I needed a new table lamp switch old one was old and gets very hot. saw this one advertised and it was sent to me undid the casing and found crazy fixings inside. who ever planned this switch was under 5 years old . I could not get wires in and then all fell to pieces. I dumped it the rubbish bin and joined the wires together with tape , should never be on the market . didn't want to give it one but their are no Minuses (-) . please don't buy it .

1.0 out of 5 stars Only gave this 1 star because I couldn't give it 0!!, 10 Jan 2014
Spent nearly an hour trying to connect the wire inside, since the connections are cunningly designed to push the wires back out when you tighten the screws, while the switch needs to be held upside down to get the wires in position. When I finally got all 4 wires in the switch worked only once before jamming.
I considered returning these but was afraid they'de be sold so some other unsuspecting soul, so they're now in the bin where they belong.
Spoke to a nice lady from Amazon about whether I could would be charged postage to return them, but she didn't speak good enough english for me to get a clear answer. I do wish suppliers would not use asian call centres.
Seller credited without return, so thanks to them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good All-round product and service., 20 Dec 2013
Mr ian Berry (Rugby Warwickshire UK) - See all my reviews
What a great company to deal with. These guys take customer services to another level. They are prompt, courteous and deliver exactly what they promise. Great range of stock as well; I always find what I need Thank you.

3.0 out of 5 stars Adequate, 1 Dec 2013
Did the job ok and is still working a year later. A bit concerned about the other reviews saying its dangerous but so far so good from me.

1.0 out of 5 stars Potentially Dangerous Product, 30 Oct 2013
I was shocked to see how poor the internal mechanism was - a flimsy rocker switch which, before opening, felt loose in one direction and stiff in the other. When I removed the back to fit the wires I found that the screw contacts were two pieces of copper plated steel that you had to sandwich the wire between. The action of tightening the connector squeezes the wires out, that's if you can get the wire in in the first place. One of the connectors had a faulty thread which prevented it being tightened up sufficiently hence the potential danger, ie a fire hazard. I was about to give up when the rocker switch flew out. Dreadful piece of work, not fit for purpose and dangerous in the hands of even a competent DIYer. I'm appalled. The 5 star review of this must be a fake.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lamp Switch, 31 July 2013
These are first rate switches with easy to use wiring connectors. The switch mechanism is positive and a joy to use. Excellent product.