on 8 February 2014
Having read the other reviews I grudgingly (because of the price) bought this for my 6yo son along with some artificial snow following his polar topic at school. The quantity is good but I was disappointed with the detailing - the seals and penguins are nondescript as far as I can tell and there is only one species of each. I presumed with this number of pieces you would get a selection but you don't, you just get multiples of the same model - whatever species they are supposed to be! For some uses this wouldn't be a problem - I guess it depends on age / purpose, but my son is fascinated by the different species of penguins / seals etc and so I wanted to encourage this. It is also worth noting that one of the larger polar bears appears to have blood in its mouth and has rather scary eyes, adding a touch of realism, but maybe not ideal for younger children!

Unfortunately it was impossible to tell the details of the contents from the item description or without undoing the plastic seal around the tub, otherwise I would be returning it I think. Instead I have now (even more grudgingly!) bought an arctic set and a penguin species set which I am hoping will compliment this and be of a similar small scale (the largest polar bear in this set is about 10cm long and a penguin is approx. 4cm tall). As a result I have now spent nearly £40 on a half term play activity - I could probably have taken my son to see real life penguins for a fair bit less! Please sort out the description for this product Amazon, albeit we should have some great games now!
on 19 March 2013
I bought these toys for my small world table at school during our topic on polar animals and the children thoroughly enjoyed playing with them. There were a lot more pieces than I anticipated and all different sizes which was perfect for small world.
on 4 February 2013
i am a childminder the smallest peguins were quite small but the other animals fitted in great with my polar sensory tray also the plastic ice berg was quite flimsy x
on 25 February 2014
Good game-set and interesting for the kids!
I d give 4 stars, due to the size difference of the toys.
on 1 March 2014
A large set of plastic animals in different sizes, not much regard for scale , but otherwise a good resource for introducing a polar topic to pre school children
on 5 December 2015
Some of the animals are a bit weird looking like the mold melted whilst they were cooking & the iceberg is a bit of thin plastic but they did the trick for my acrtic display & the children dont seem to care that some of the animals may have been affected by radiation!
on 17 September 2013
I bought this for my Grandson because he loves animal and it is a great set with trees and animals he loves it and plays with it every day delivery was quick and the item was of really good quality
on 27 December 2013
This bucket set has lots of bears in it, also some other animals like walrus and some scenery. A lot of the polar bears have bright red mouths which makes them look a bit scary/ugly but other than that it's great. My kids aged three love them.
on 23 February 2014
Bought for use in school, for small world play. Not perfect for detail, but sturdy for use of many little hands. Trees etc. made of strong plastic (although light in weight) Lends well to imaginative play.
on 9 January 2014
I was very disappointed with this set . Tub arrived with broken pieces inside which disappointed my children, next time would purchase a better quality set.