4.0 out of 5 stars Xmas present - nice one santa
I got this helicopter for Xmas from my wife. It was a little smaller than I expected but I'm not disappointed by that. I have been wanting to get into RC helicopters for a while and wanted to start with a small one to get used to controls and so on before I graduate to one that might make a bigger bang when I crash it.

First up - setting up is dead easy, 6 AA...
Published 19 months ago by David Harrison

1.0 out of 5 stars Needless to say am not pleased with your service and would appreciate your comments
This is the second model that I have purchased from you and it suffers the same problem as the previous.... Miss match between transmitter and helicopter.... I and a IT technician have followed the instructions faithfully without success.
I suggest you take it up with your supplier.
Needless to say am not pleased with your service and would appreciate...
Published 9 months ago by peter roberts

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Xmas present - nice one santa, 2 Jan. 2014
David Harrison "DaveyH" (Essex, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Silverlit Spy Cam-2 2.4GHz 3-Channel Gyro Helicopter with Video Camera (Assorted Colours) (Electronics)

First up - setting up is dead easy, 6 AA batteries in the remote and there is an integrated cable in the remote to connect to the heli for charging. This works well enough but you get more flight time (a good couple of extra minutes) if you connect direct to your computer via the USB cable (also included).

Controls are dead easy too, throttle up and down, easy to take off and land smoothly and after the first couple of goes very simple indeed. The directional stick works well and the chopper flies forward and backward...pretty fast too for such a small thing, scared the dog and the kids were screaming. The trim button was very simple to use to stop the heli spinning which it does first off (don't watch that video!).

The video recording is ok, only good in full light really - this is the only reason I have marked it down to 4 as the pics are quite fuzzy unless you get full light - will probably be great outside but we've not had a still enough day since Xmas to really comment. There are some good outdoor vids on YouTube so I look forward to giving that a go come summer.

Final point is the resilience of the thing. It looks and feels fragile. But...I have repeatedly smacked it into the walls, ceiling, Xmas tree and other solid objects and the only damage has been some light scratches on the rotors which hasn't affected flight. I have also crashed it from 8 feet up to a drop on a hard floor - it bounced... no damage!

Just about worth the money, good fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars spy cam heli. with camera., 29 Nov. 2013
This is a great little helicopter. I,ve had it going round my living room and crashing into everything. It,s surving well. I have just to work out how to adjust the camera for the light conditions. Other-wise, what a great wee machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great, fun toy., 10 Jan. 2014
This is an excellent toy, and great fun.
It's extremely easy to get the hang of flying it. Having said that, when I first got it, I managed to crash it into just about every bit of furniture in the room. Thankfully, it's extraordinarily robust and has taken everything I've thrown at it (more precisely, all I've thrown it at), except for the 4 pop on wheels that disappeared almost straight away (don't worry, you won't miss them).
The battery life is a little disappointing I suppose, around 6'ish to 8'ish minutes on an hours charge, 4-6 minutes if you're using the built in camera, but you are asking a lot of from it and once you're used to it, you just stick it on charge either on the built in USB connector on the controller or to the laptop with the included (very short) USB cable for half an hour to 45 minutes and away you go again.
The picture quality from the camera is surprisingly good in good light and remarkably stable (not so much in low light though and no sound recording).
Down side? The only one you could tear out of me is that it is very lightweight and doesn't like drafts, so it's best for use indoors only or very still, windless days. Don't let that put you off though.

Update: While I still love this and it's still going strong (so everything I've said above still holds true), I've just noticed the current price of £87 (December 2014). I thought I should mention that I bought mine in December 2013 when this was available through Amazon at £54.

4.0 out of 5 stars Made my farther in law very happy, 17 Feb. 2013
The camera is great with good quality video. Flight controllers are good indoors but it suffers outside needing near perfect conditions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 25 Oct. 2013
Absolutely superb product although I have to admit the first one wasn't charging but Amazon of course sorted this in a trice. The product looked so good we just wanted the same model again and it arrived the following day in full working order. It is very easy to control, charges well and the flying is great it is so good the photographs are a bonus. This is used at least 3 times a week and I would definitley recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Boys toys, 31 Jan. 2013
Purchased for my 30 year old son as a Christmas Present, kept him and other males in the family happy Christmas Day.

4.0 out of 5 stars great helicopter, 13 Jan. 2014
my husband loves this Christmas present and has spent hours fiddling with it. He says it is a great little item and not hard to fly once you get the hang of it. It is also quite sturdy as it has crashed several times but is still unharmed. The only thing that could be improved is the flying time per charge is short but can only be expected due to the small size of the helicopter. Not flown it outside as yet so can only comment on its performance indoors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to Use, 11 Jan. 2014
Catrina Bamford (UK) - See all my reviews
The helicopter is easy to use & husband has had great fun playing with it. Not used camera yet as I had to get a micro SD card seperately

5.0 out of 5 stars Its a fun toy. A TOY, 2 May 2013
I can't see what this is intended for. It is supposed only to be used indoors but unless you have a hanger it moves too fast. Outside the sun stop the IR working. All I can get it to do is too fly upwards to a height of 20 ft and then crash. Did manage to keep it aloft for 30 secs at sunset but it wouldn't move about and crashed.

I had wanted it to fly up our hill and view the rhodies from above. It won't ever do that. I guess what I need is a predator.drone. Still what can one expect for the money but a toy. I still find it fun and rush in to view the movie.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great item, 7 Jun. 2014
Its very enjoyable and easy to control, the pictures isnt that great because its very hard to keep the helicopter completely still to not make them looks shaken, but the helicopter has flow into walls, windows, tables, ceilings, crashed numerous times and not a scratch/mark on it.

Apart from the still pictures (cam is good), my only other regret is that recharging it to the max only allows about 8mins of flying(5mins if recording movie), before you got to recharge it, would have loved for it last around the 20mins mark so you at least get a bit more flying out of it.

That said its a fun little toy and i got no issues letting my daughter fly around with it (shes 6), as i know it wont break easy.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›