Format: Kindle EditionChange
Price:£2.59

on 18 March 2013
A very interesting account of life in a Russian ballet school. She was extremely determined to succeed and did so against many odds. You will look at ballet dancers in a different light after reading this. Guts and determination as well as being prepared to leave home at a young age.
on 27 January 2013
As a ballet dancer myself, this book provided a good and interesting insight into the life of s foreign dancer in post-Communist Russia. Once you get past the nauseating phrase "I couldn't believe...", which although clearly an amazing experience for her is a tad overused to say the least! It is a good read and brutally honest about conditions and competitiveness in a school and Company. A very easy read too, I finished it within 2 days. I'd recommend this to anyone interested in ballet or Russian/post Cold war culture.
on 2 October 2013
A fantastic book. After reading about Monica Loughman's life of ballet training in Russia, I was amazed by how she carried on with such determination. As a relatively newcomer to watching ballet, I really appreciated the hard years of her training. This is a great insight into one persons devotion to be the best, faced with endless challenges including learning a foreign language and trying to fit in to a different culture. I would love to see Monica dance. Next time I go to see performance, I will watch with awe.
on 27 February 2013
Very interesting going into the world of ballet behind the scenes. Would recommend to all ballet lovers. It's not all glam out there in the real world, opens up the eyes a bit wider x
on 6 February 2013
Enjoyed this book. It gave an insight behind the scenes of the hardship that is required to become the best ballet dancer& being in competition for the solo parts. Pleased i read it.
on 14 June 2013
Was myself a ballet dancer so was able to relate to all the ups and downs. It is extremely hard work but so rewarding. I really enjoyed the book
on 9 February 2014
Great reading for an aspiring dancer!
Monica is a very courageous lady and truly deserves her success in the ballet world.
on 9 March 2015
Loved this book. A true indication of the dedication, hard work and realism that goes into becoming a professional ballerina.
on 22 March 2014
Honest & gritty retelling of Monica's young life in training as a ballerina in Russia away from her family and home in Ireland
on 10 October 2013
It was really good book my daughter red it and she said it was a really good book that is way I'm having it 5 stars