Format: Audio Download|Change
Price:£13.40

on 7 May 2008
Tnaya Huff says it all in the introduction to this collection - there will never be any more books in the series.

These short stories, which take up about 3/4 of the book, pad out some of the characters historically. They centre either around Vicki or Henry. The Vicki ones are set after Blood Debt. henry's are about his past. The stories are definitely short but entertaining so don't expect superduper detailed gee-whizz plots.

The last quarter is taken up with Tanya Huff's experience of writing the "Stone Cold" episode in Season 1 of Blood Ties (I enjoyed the TV series more than the books) and the actual script.

If you're not a fan of the Blood Ties Books and TV series I don't think this is the book for you. Try Pace, Trail, Lines, Pact and Debt first.
on 26 July 2008
I've been waiting a while for this to show up; what with a tv show (even better), which got cancelled (aw shoot); I found the books after the show which did wonders for mental pictures when reading, & I read them in order which was an all round fabulous read that I can highly recommend to any fan of light horror with inteligent real life like houmour.
Again I say do read this series.
Know then having said all that the one bit that threw me was at the very start saying that this was it, no more of vicki & co.
Call me what you like (keep it civil please) but I still whant more, more full stories. Maybe its just mee but the feel of the stories (here short ones{never mind they're still great})was that there could be more to be written on all of these characters, much more really.
Its was great to read, & yes do start at the very beginning if you whant to see what I mean here & I do feel that this should not be the end. please :)
on 23 March 2016
I bought the whole series after having watched Blood Ties on Prime. The show unfortunately was cancelled after one season but it did mention that it was based on Tanya Huff's Vicky Nelson books. Google did his magic and I found these books. I read almost one a day. It's a dynamic who'd done it with a vampire twist, some romance and loads and loads of witty banter. Loved the whole series.
on 4 May 2010
Nothing but a glorified script of the T.V series that was made on the back of the books. Not a good read, not interesting and a complete waste of time. It adds nothing to the series at all. Avoid and save your money.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 September 2010
Really enjoyed the short stories in this book.

Although I enjoyed the script for Stone Cold, a favourite of mine would have been "Dirty Deeds"

One of the other aspects I liked about this collection is the further "background" on Henry.

Just received the "Smoke" series and hope they are as enjoyable as the "Blood" series
on 28 February 2009
great read recommened if like vampire romance and action as well as seeing the tv series based on the books (blood ties)
on 5 December 2014
I loved these books but I loved the tv series
on 4 March 2016