5.0 out of 5 stars More than pleased
Published on 15 Sep 2012 by Marlene

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but ...
First impressions:

Looks neat, lightweight, and not too big.
Feels flimsy, but the only other processor I have used was a much more expensive model.
There is some play in the motor spindle, and I don't know if that is normal or not in a cheap machine.
Published 23 months ago by C. Clapham

5.0 out of 5 stars More than pleased, 15 Sep 2012
This review is from: Andrew James 2.5 Litre Powerful Food Processor - 700 Watt - Juicer Attachment Included - 10 Speed + Pulse Action
This is the first food processor as opposed to food mixer (which I already have) that I have purchased so can not fully compare to other manufacturers. I wanted a food processor specifically for food preparation, mainly slicing and grating large quantities while being able to keep my fingers intact. Having shopped around on the internet, and in stores, this Andrew James processor is brilliant value for money and has a convenient large capacity bowl compared to other more expensive machines. It makes extremely light work with the slicing and grating blades and is easy to wash and clean. I would have liked the 'feed tube' to be a bit bigger for ease of slicing larger potatoes etc, but is adequate and again is larger than on other machines I saw during my search. I think it would be helpful if this was a dimension specified within details given in the product information section. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone and think that once my daughter has had a play with it on her next visit home, there will be another on order.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but ..., 28 Nov 2012
C. Clapham (Northamptonshire, UK) - See all my reviews
First impressions:

Looks neat, lightweight, and not too big.
The instructions are a very poor translation from Chinese. If I had never used a food processor before, I am not sure that I would even have worked out how to put the bowl onto the base.

First observations on use:

As someone else mentioned, the pulse button does not work as expected. The machine has to be processing already for the button to respond. In other words, if the dial is on zero, nothing happens if you press 'pulse'. If you switch it to 1, obviously, the maching starts processing anyway, but pressing 'pulse' now makes it go faster. I have contacted the suppliers and been told that this is normal, but to me, this defeats the whole objective of a pulse function!

I like the slicer blade. The slices are a useful thickness.

The grater blade does not work as well. The space between the rotating disk holder and the top and sides of the bowl meant that large chunks ended up in the bowl or trapped above.

The white plastic disk holder was permanently stained by carrots the first time I used it. I know this doesn't affect the machine's effectiveness, but says something about the grade of plastic used.

The machine processed flour and butter for pastry just fine, and I have just chopped potato and am happy with the results.

Overall Impression

The machine could be better, but given its price, I think it is acceptable value for money. Only time will tell whether or nor I come to regret this purchase.
I will try to add to this review in the future if I find there is anything significant to add.

Update:

Within an hour of writing this review, I started having problems getting the lid on the machine. Enough is enough, so I have now sent it back and await a refund. If it were possible to lower my original star rating for the product, I would!

If you find yourself in a similar situation, be aware that you will need to phone the supplier if you have any problems or wish to return an item. My email request via Amazon for a return remained unanswered over a week after it was made, and any emails I sent to Andrew James were replied to with the instruction to phone them.

3.0 out of 5 stars Food processor, 3 Oct 2012
F. A. L. Elphick (North Wales) - See all my reviews
The processor arrived in very good time and in good condition. I had to replace my beloved Rowenta processor which has stood me in good stead for 35 years. Some one had dropped it and the plastic case has broken. However it still works but dangerously!! The new processor is not made to the same standard. The plastic is very thin and feels very breakable. The grater works but again as it only is slotted into a small space and is not the whole disc it does not actually grate to the same quality as the Rowenta - big chunks are left between the lid and the grater. It has taken me a long time to get used to the way the rather frail lid operates to make the machine actually work. To sum up it does the job adequately and given the cheap price is value for money but not the high quality I have been used to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 15 Aug 2012
A large capacity food processor with all the accessories you would expect from the big brands - at a fraction of the price. Speedy delivery too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Andrew James Food Processor, 30 July 2013
Sweetie (Surrey United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I found it difficult to get the jug part onto the body (motor) part and twist it round to lock. In the end had to get my brother to visit and use superior strength to make it go. After a few removals and replacements, it loosened sufficiently for me to do it myself. My brother said it had more safety features than expected, he was very impressed!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good processor!, 10 Oct 2012
Brought this as it was the cheapest and most powerful processor I could find anywhere. Easy to clean (top drawer dishwasher). Quite large so had to make room in a cupboard to hide it. Very noisy, probably because of how powerful it is! Overall, glad I brought it :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 22 Aug 2012
Bought this to replace a Kenwood that I had binned in frustration as the connection to the bowl fell on the floor yet again!! Loved this machine-fantastic capacity and having researched other products on the market this was excellant value for money. So easy to use simplicity itself.

Would recommend this product and Andrew James to all my friends and family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good replacement for the one I've had for nearly 20 years, 15 Sep 2013
Excellent food processor but terribly tricky to get the lid on. Takes me a good 5 minutes to get the lid in the right position so it can be switched on. Have not tried all the attachments yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!, 7 Aug 2012
J. R. Vine "film buff" (Essex England) - See all my reviews
I bought this to replace a Kenwood, it is an excellent machine in both price and action. I would highly recommend this to my friends.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed with this purchase, 11 Feb 2013
Three months after we got the machine, one of the blades on the rotating cutter snapped off. Andrew James very efficiently and promptly replaced the component; but it put the sturdiness of a 'powerful' piece of equipment in doubt.
This week one of the lugs on the plastic bowl snapped off for no discernable reason. It wasn't critical to the operation of the machine (it still works) but we start to feel that the materials used for the construction aren't up to the job.
Once again, however, Andrew James very promptly replaced the part. Full marks for service.