on 3 January 2013
I bought this toy for my 9-year-old cousin for Christmas and if I was already at it, I bought one for myself as well (even if I'm 27 I like these sort of toys for chilling out) so now I can give a review of this product from two perspectives.

Personally, I like it a lot. It works smoothly, the voice that announces the score is clear, we compete against each other during parties (it's almost impossible to put it down), it's great fun, although the sensors seem to be a bit off sometimes (for example on rare occasions it senses one grab as if it was grabbed twice and thus shows an error).

I can also tell that my cousin - who usualy plays with a toy for an hour or two and then leaves it - just couldn't put it down for the whole evening we have been there. The three-handed mode is a bit too challenging for his age, but he liked it nontheless.

If I had to point out one bad trait of the product is that it is fragile. Do not drop it! My cousin kept dropping it on the rug and once it accidentally landed on the hard pavement it stopped working. Fortunately, we managed to fix it.

I give 4/5 for this product because if you design a toy that you are ment to 'juggle' with you should take into account the fact that it will be dropped, several times and apparently the manufacturer did not built the toy with that in mind.

All in all, nice product, great fun, good value but I highly recommend that you only play with it above a thick rug or the couch.
on 30 December 2012
`Flashball' is a new toy along similar lines to the successful `Boppit' toy released a few years ago. I use the term `toy' in the loosest sense, as this is a device that should prove equally fun for anybody, whatever their age.

It consists of a central sphere with six further `balls' protruding equidistantly. Each one of these balls is touch sensitive. When the game is activated, each ball will light up in a random order, indicating that you must `catch' this ball before the next one lights up. Touch one of the other balls, or drop it, and the game will end. If you are still holding the last ball when you touch the next, the game will end. If you hesitate, the game will end. The point is that you must `throw' the toy and catch it again to be able to keep playing. How best to do this is part of the fun of the game. The device keeps score and a voice will tell you how many catches you have made when the game ends and will inform you if you have attained a top score. There are two further game modes; one in which two balls light simultaneously and must be caught together and a three ball mode. I'm yet to try the three ball mode and God knows how I'm supposed to catch three at the same time, but I'm assuming I will need to use some other part of my body as well as my hands. Thankfully the device is reasonably solid and well built, clearly designed to withstand the inevitable multiple drops to which it will be subjected. It is made of plastic however, so I wouldn't personally play with it over a hard surface. It would be a good idea if in future versions of the toy they considered the use of some kind of rubber trim to absorb shock.

As a reasonably proficient juggler, I thought I might find this quite easy, but I haven't. It is as frustrating as it is fun, and I have spent hours and hours with it, without getting bored. Like Boppit, this is the game's major draw - addictiveness. Whether you consider addictiveness to be a positive or negative thing depends upon your, or indeed your partner's, point of view, but one thing is for sure - all the very best toys have it.
on 8 April 2014
Iggi Flashball is an ideal gift for kids who play computer games and have no idea what they want for a present other than computer items. Its good fun and much noisier and competitive than computer games. I had never seen the item before, it was a spontaneous buy. Sturdily made and good value.
on 8 February 2013
I bought this for my young granddaughter and really it is something for a teenager and above. Certainly the family have had great competitions with this gadget. Would definately recommend it for an adult. Quite heavy to work with but challenging. Enjoy it, we do.
on 12 February 2014
although looked as though would a great game did not work therefore returned and exchanged for another type of game
on 13 September 2014
Ok toy but instructions so poor no-one has a clue how to use it
on 29 July 2014