on 15 August 2012
This TV is SMART - it has WiFi built in so you can connect your TV to the SMART part using this - or using the Ethernet port if your router is near the TV. I use Virgin so my router is at the TV. Connection was really easy and once online I went to the Support section of the TV and carried out a Software Update via the Internet - this upgraded the TV's Firmware to the latest version.

The TV also has the ability to use voice commands to change channels or to turn the volume up or down. You can also use the voice commands while using the internet to speak what you want to search for rather than typing (you can buy a Bluetooth keyboard or use a plug and play USB keyboard plugged into one of the three USB ports at the side of the TV. I used the voice command while in Google - I searched for "Olympics" and "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" and the TV searched and found both words. You can either speak to the TV directly or using one of the two remote controls in the box, one of them has a microphone in it, I didn't need to use it as my living room isn't that big.

You can also use you hand to control the cursor while on the internet - when you get to the link you want you just close your hand and that is like a double click.

There's a camera built into the top of the TV - I've set up my Skype account so calls come through when I'm watching TV - I never miss a Skype call now as I've set the TV so Skype logs in automatically. (I used to miss loads as I never remembered to log in on my laptop!)

The TV has BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, You Tube, Love Film, Netflix, Facebook and Twitter all available to download, there are also some games like Angry Birds which uses the motion control.

There is an App with 3D music videos, trailers and documentaries - the doc's are really good - one that is about the Grand Canyon has amazing effects that bounce out of the screen at you.

The 3D is out of this world - the glasses require batteries and this is much MUCH better than the 3D you get in the cinema - when I've watched 3D in the cinema my eyes start to hurt after a while - with these glasses they do the work for you so you don't get sore eyes. The 3D is really clear and watching Shrek in 3D Blu Ray lots of effects of things jumping out of the screen at you.

Like I said I have Virgin Media and the HD channels look really clear - the SD one's don't look bad either. But watching Blu Ray is where the pictures look amazing.

I've had the TV for almost 3 months now and have had no issues with it.

Two thumbs up Samsung!
on 24 November 2012
The quality of this TV is incredible, the screen is truly amazing, sound is very good and the features work really well. Ive read many comments stating neither the gesture control or voice control works and i have to say if its too noisy or too dark then yes they wont work but in normal light and without too much background noise they both work really well.

3D is fantastic and the glasses are really cheap, 2 free sets with the tv and 2 more for just £30, you really cant grumble. Just a shame they look really daft!

Without a doubt this is a 5 star TV!
on 8 July 2014
The tv looks great but only 18 months after purchase it keeps turning itself on and off. With no response from the seller. I now have a tv that is unwatchable
on 7 November 2012
I had high expectations from this product, as it is the top of the line. It is very expensive and the price tag is not justified by the quality. Their breakthrough ideas of Motion Control and Voice Recognition do not work at all. When you try to use it, it says that it is either too noisy or too dark, when in reality, it is not. There are quite a few other options on the market, with same quality but much lower price.
55 comments|10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 April 2013
I bought this tv with high expectation given the price tag.

The tv somehow manages to turn itself on at wierd hours - midnight, 2am, 5 am although EVERY box in the settings is "ticked" to deavtivate auto turn off/on (it does this too!).

I have also been unable to connect to my wifi although every other device (iphone, ipad, tablet etc)is ok and connect straight away. I have tried to manually input the details to no avail.

I bought tv from Comet (now ceased trading) so have no option but to speak with Samsung who I do not find helpful at all.

I am very disappointed with this product.
on 20 June 2012
Great TV have seen this in store at Curry's and easily viewed from Samsung's website. But its only £1899.00 Do not pay more. There are lots of high street stores where you can buy this TV at its retail price of £1899.

TV has Smart Interaction, which gives you intuitive control via speech or gestures. You can also access a wide world of content, apps, web browsing and more through Smart Hub. This forward-thinking TV is even prepared for the future, thanks to the ability to install Smart Evolution Kits to improve picture and performance as well as deliver the newest features.
44 comments|6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 August 2012
I bought this TV 32 days ago and today the image stopped working. I can't work out who is more unhelpful, Samsung or Currys where I bought it.

They will not accept that I return the TV only that they will at some point in the future get an engineer to come and fix it.

How a TV for nearly £2000 can break after 32 days is beyond me.

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM EITHER CURRYS OR SAMSUNG AS THEY ARE EQUALLY RUBBISH!!!!