4.0 out of 5 stars Nice TV, no useful apps yet
I bought this TV for the bedroom, here's some of the pro/cons.

It looks nice (the wife likes it and that's always a positive. For me it was a toss-up between this and a slightly larger panasonic that was reported to have a better picture but very few features. Crucially it also looked blocky and and old fashioned so the wife was not impressed.

I...
Published on 4 May 2012 by Laughing John

3.0 out of 5 stars smart samsung
set up was no problem but to use the internet was laborious using the remote although I have a wireless logitec keypad and mouse it was impossible to pair up,I think I would wait for an easier product to use
Published on 19 Mar. 2013 by ronnie

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice TV, no useful apps yet, 4 May 2012
This review is from: Samsung UE22ES5410W 22-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p Smart TV with Freeview and Built-in Wi-Fi - White (Electronics)
I bought this TV for the bedroom, here's some of the pro/cons.

I hoped it would support LoveFilm and iPlayer/itvplayer/4od apps. In fact these aren't available (4/5/2012) which is very annoying from my perspective as they are the only ones I really wanted. It even shows LoveFilm in the picture being used to advertise it FFS (see above). I'm sure that could be construed as misleading.

Note: This TV does NOT have an HD tuner!!!

The picture is very nice on the whole, it does suffer a little "fuzziness" with freeview, but is better than many sets I've seen and it's still very watch-able. With the exception of the "film" pre-set picture modes are garishly bright and colourful. Once you fiddle around it looks a lot better, be nice to have a decent pre-set. I've found the sound to be perfectly ample for the bedroom, I was expecting it to be underwhelming given the older Samsung set we have in another room.

As mentioned the "smart" apps are largely useless to us, there a few ones that are OK, but I won't be playing any games or running "lifestyle" applications, my main concern is watching videos and not having a NetFlix account (which is on the set) makes it useless to me at the moment.

The guide and software is generally pretty good although I do find it sluggish to use, whilst playing with some of the apps it seemed to crash occasionally, this is of course all part of the fun of it being computerised/smart :)

So to sum up:

- The picture is pretty good for a set this size, certainly amongst the best I saw, especially after some tweaking.
- Audio is perfectly adequate, although audiophiles may not agrees.
- If you're planning on watching video on demand or catch-up (without another box) there's not much to watch unless you have a netflix account.
- Stylish looks.
- Reasonable price for what you get, especially if you shop around.
- If they update the software it could be a great set, only the lack of an HD tuner lets it down.

Oh and I saw on another review site that some people were reporting problems connecting the stand, but it was fine for me.

18/7/2012 UPDATE - I've added another star as lovefilm is now available. iPlayer also appears in the list of applications but isn't currently working as it requires a new release of the software (TV software, not the iplayer) which last time I looked wasn't available yet, but fingers crossed!

7/8/2012 UPDATE 2 - I checked today and iPlayer updated itself and is working now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great TV - Got BBC iPlayer Working a treat !, 17 July 2012
I Bought this TV to replace an old Analog 15inch Samsing LCD that i've had for a good few years and i'm not dissapointed.

The Picture is excellent after a bit of dabbling with the picture settings.

The Sound is ok and pretty much what you'd expect for a TV of this size.

Had it connected to my wireless network within a couple of minutes (bearing in mind you have to input the wireless password using a TV remote control, but it's a one off excersise, so not an issue)

Plays pretty much everything i've got on my Network - The menus took me a while to get my head round as they're a bit different to my other Samsung equipment, but I soon got used to them !

I downloaded BBC iPlayer which at first didn't work, but once i'd upgraded the TV firmware, (I had to download it from the samsung website as the online update didn't find a newer firmware to install) (it downloads as an .exe file that you then have to run and save the firmware image to a USB dongle, stick your dongle in the TV and then upgrade from your USB dongle) re-installed BBC iPlayer and hey presto it works a treat over my wireless network !

All in all a great TV once it's all been set up, took me about 45 in total as the download was 200mb and took 15 mins to download !

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb little TV, 9 Nov. 2012
M. Dewison (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
Slight delay in delivery but all was forgotten after unpacking small box and firing up. Looks lovely in white with a nice clear glass bezel. Auto tuned all Freeview channels without a problem and didn't need the instructions to connect to my router, (which was close by). Then put the Samsung through it's paces. Good picture in HD or normal mode. Sound not bad from rear of set which could be a problem if fitting to a wall, as were the myriad of connections on the back which might need angled connectors. Only 2 USB's and a Common Interface facing sideways. Not a probem for me as used in bedroom sitting on top of a drawer unit. Remote very intuitive. Best thing though was the Internet side. Connected effortlessly to all the iplayers and lots of other content, playing with only a small amount of buffering, although my ADSL isn't that fast (About 6Mb/sec). Have it connected via a 2 tuner Toshiba HD PVR, which gives me all my recording/playback functionality. All in all, an attractive Smart TV. Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - Recommended, 13 Nov. 2012
Steve65 (Durham, England) - See all my reviews
Bought this TV for the kitchen to replace an ageing iMac that was used for TV/Movies/Music/Photos.
Excellent picture (after tweaking), compact size, good sound and great functionality.
Has BBC iPlayer and ITV player, which were automatically downloaded when I first turned the TV on.
Also has very good DLNA connection, Samsung TVs tend to play almost any digital video file you can throw at them including MP4, AVI and MKV. If you've got a DLNA server then this TV will let you watch all your own movies, listen to music and view your photos (I recommend the free Universal Media Player for Mac).
If you dont have a DLNA server then you can play files from an attached USB drive.

I hate to knock one star off, but I feel I need to, as this TV DOES NOT HAVE HD FREEVIEW. I dont know what Samsung were thinking but this is a shame on such a capable little TV. HD pictures from other sources are outstanding.

Excellent TV in every other respect though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Small yet mighty, 25 Sept. 2012
This is a great little set suitable for kitchen, bedroom or any other small room. We are happy with the look and performance of the set and with the speed of delivery from Amazon. It may be some time before we use all of the many features of this set. We have recommended this set to friends.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's HD Ready but no HD Tuner, 12 Oct. 2012
Richard (Deepest, darkest UK) - See all my reviews
Great little Smart TV. Neat, clean appearance in white. Easily set up.

Great picture viewed from about five feet away or more. Closer and you notice the object colour interfaces - except when using streamed HD content, which shows up the real potential in the display. It's a wonderful and genuine HD picture when streaming HD content via the internet. (I've used BBC iPlayer and ITV Player transmitted wirelessly from my modem/router). A point to note however - streaming signals are dependent on the speed of your individual internet connection and the ability of your wireless system to transmit/ receive at required data rates. If you are in an area not well served with decent broadband speeds, you may not benefit from the Smart TV functionality and become frustrated by buffering of signal data and pixelated displays. There are too many factors to say what capability any individual installation will be able to achieve at any particular time of day or night, but I had a satisfactory BBC iPlayer uninterrupted viewing in HD of a Dr Who episode early evening through my broadband connection that usually has downloads speeds of only around 5Mbps (not yet fibre optic connected). However, this last observation is true of any Smart TV - not just this one.

BUT, BE WARNED - Although the description reads as though its a "Full HD" TV, as seems to be misleading industry practice with TVs, that description doesn't necessarily mean that you'll be able to get the HD content via the TV alone. Why? Because to get Full HD, you need to be able to tune in the Freeview HD signals. This TV's tuner does NOT have that capability and therefore as a standalone TV with an aerial signal only, directly feeding the TV, you won't get HD content from the four or five established Freeview HD channels unless you add an external tuner that has that capability and you feed the TV from the signal from that HD-tunable external box (which I haven't, being happy enough with the picture as it is in this secondary TV location).

I bought the TV for the kitchen as a second downstairs TV. It's perfect for that purpose and gives the additional flexibility that comes with internet connectivity, being a Smart TV. The TV's operating system checks for the inbuilt software Apps against the latest versions available and updates them for you. So, when I bought mine, some of the reservations expressed by other, earlier purchasers about BBC iPlayer and ITV Player seem to have been resolved. They just updated and worked for me right away.

I found setting it up very straightforward with an easily understandable menu system and a startup/ installation sequence that was well designed, offering good prompts at all stages. The whole thing took something like 10-15 minutes to set up, including full automatic scan Freeview tuning and connecting to the internet via my home network, which the TV's in-built wireless system detected and just required the network's security code entering as you would any other connected device. This is done through the guided pop-up menu system on the TV using the remote handset as a mouse/ selector. Easy.

The remote handset is good with a good clear set of buttons for all kinds of functions and menu shortcuts for all kinds of personalised settings, should you wish to use them.

As a second kitchen TV, the sound is perfectly adequate. I wouldn't expect surround sound deep bass capability from a relatively small, thin LED TV. But the sound and volume levels are absolutely fine and can easily fill my kitchen (and more) from end to end and wall to wall (about 15X12ft), even at about half volume.

Provided you don't expect HD Picture quality all the time, then this little 22" LED Widescreen HD-capable Smart TV set shouldn't disappoint for the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Samsung 22" led Smart tv, white., 17 Dec. 2012
Mr. Robert F. Mccaig (Coventry, UK) - See all my reviews
Easy set up for Freeview channels via aerial and simple instructions for internet connection. Not such good sound as 26" but white fits in kitchen well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! What a great TV!, 9 Aug. 2012
Mr. J. H. Crosland (Devon, England) - See all my reviews
My son wanted a TV for his bedroom but with all the bells and whistles! This Smart TV arrived so quickly, and when I unpacked it, was a dream to set up. Just follow the screen prompts,and it all falls into place. Even finding our Wifi connection, and I`m no expert, believe me. Super picture especially in HD, and for a small flatscreen set, sound is pretty good, and has all the features my son was looking for.Very intuitive remote, and simplicity to operate. Delighted with this purchase and I can highly recommend this Samsung TV. And a thank you to Amazon for such a fast (Free!) delivery!

5.0 out of 5 stars A delight, 20 Sept. 2012
This clever little white TV has exceeded my expectations. It is just beautiful - neat, great picture, easy to set up, instinctive to use. It connected to my wireless network with no hesitation. BBC i-Player is installed and ready to go. I have no complaints about the sound quality, which seems to have been an issue for some other reviewers. Fantastic price too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 29 Nov. 2012
Fntastic product well worth the money. I bought this tv for using in the bedroom so it is just what i needed it does pretty much everything i required except make the tea. I would recomend this smart tv to anybody. When i was first looking on amazon i too looked at the reviews before buying and there was mention of problems with viewing angles and not been able to see the picture to well but i would like to say after purchasing myself i found no such problems and the features and apps all work smoothly.Also the sound quality pretty good too.
All in all a terrific purchase.