5.0 out of 5 stars Can't be better
Those guys at Ultimate Addons know what they do.
1. Very good materials. Not a cheap Chinese plastic, but a glossy, nice one.
2. Good ergonomics. You can put the phone with one hand. You can also take it out with one hand.
3. Doesn't block your view since it is on the air vent.

I tried many car holders in my 15 years driver experience. I bought...
Published 10 months ago by Versus

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit cumbersome
Quality of the product is good
easy to assemble
My two issues are
- It sticks out far too much out of the car vent. I personally find it interfearing when indicating or and using the cruise control
- The button to expand the holder to fit the phone is behind. I find it a bit fiddly when setting up my S3 and use it a as a navigation.
try searching...
Published 27 days ago by Jay

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't be better, 18 Jun 2013
This review is from: Ultimate Addons Pro Swivel Air Vent V2 Car Kit Mount with Black Holder for most Mobile Phones (Electronics)
Those guys at Ultimate Addons know what they do.
1. Very good materials. Not a cheap Chinese plastic, but a glossy, nice one.
3. Doesn't block your view since it is on the air vent.

I tried many car holders in my 15 years driver experience. I bought the same for my father as well as father on law :)

It's a bit more expensive than ones at ebay from China. But even after a daily use it looks like new.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality dashboard vent phone holder, 4 July 2013
M. Franklin - See all my reviews
Looked around for a quality, vent mounted device holder and this was the best value I could find. It is easily fitted and removed from the vent and has a very firm grip on the phone without damaging it. It is fully adjustable and looks really stylish. It has a quality feel to it. Well worth the little extra cost for this product. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars This works very well indeed, 4 Dec 2013
C. D. Field (WSM, England) - See all my reviews
Phone attaches easily to the holder in a manner similar to others on the market in that you put it in an adjustable clamp which can be closed tight to hold the phone in place and releases via a press button (in this case on the back). The difference with this product is the attachment to the vent - a single hook that goes through the vent that is spring loaded so clamps onto it securely and is very easily removed by pulling the spring towards you, pushing the holder back slightly before lifting and pulling forward to remove from the vent. This works extremely well and the wide feet at the bottom keep the unit steady. Previous models I've had have had 2 prongs to go into the vent, so can get caught on the internal bars of the vent, prove difficult to remove and have had the prongs fall off going into the vent, so this design is well worth paying that little bit extra for. Also the adjustment to the angle and tilt of the holder means you can find a very good placement for your phone to give a good view.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally one that works for me!, 8 Mar 2014
This item is ideal for my needs. It clips securely onto the air vent of my 2002 Honda Jazz and has held my iPhone 5 securely regardless of road conditions - and that includes me thumping over some potholes.
It enables me to see my sat nav app clearly which is what I wanted it for.
This holder brings the phone within easy reach too, and I find it much better than a windscreen mounted holder as my windscreen is quite far away because of the way it is raked.
I found it easy to assemble and there are diagrams on the two boxes to help. The spring is relatively powerful so watch that the clip doesn't slip out of your hand and ping across to the passenger seat! To be honest though once you've fitted it (5 minutes tops and that's if you change it a few times to get the perfect position) then you won't need to do it again. The angle and feet are easily adjusted and then the holder is hand-tightened using a large plastic nut around the back. Once you've used the release button a few times getting the phone on and off becomes second nature.
I have tried to upload a couple of pictures and hopefully they're there so you can get an idea of its dimensions and how far it will stick out from the dashboard where it's clipped - it's about 100mm, which is 4 inches in old money.
For me it does obscure the right hand part of my stereo display, but I play all my music/audiobooks through an iPhone adapter so that is not an issue. And if it's on radio then I know my six presets so I don't need to see the station name. I can still see the clock part so that's ok.
Maybe more expensive than some others but well worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - rock solid and secure, 8 Nov 2013
D. Lundholm (The Chalfonts, UK) - See all my reviews
This holder has a metal arm that extends to grab the rear of the vent so it locks on, yet is easy to remove one handed. You then clip the phone holder onto the front, and it works with the phone in horizontal or (my preference) vertical position. It's really good for sat nav in cars, including using the great free-to-download Waze service (which gives you real time feedback about your route if there are any accidents.

The phone goes in and you squeeze the two spring loaded arms to hold it - easy to do one-handed - and there is a well-placed button the rear to release.

I haven't bought a cheap holder before but I think this one is worth every penny, and it's delivered quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 12 Sep 2013
It fits with the Iphone 4 and Galaxy S3 perfectly. Keeps the phone well anchored to the car and is cheap, even if it doesn't look like a cheap one

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product and impressive service, 31 May 2013
Big Villan (Leicestershire, England.) - See all my reviews
This is a good quality mount for air vents - often they can slip out but this is very secure once fitted and the larger base stand gives it more stability than most. Be aware that it sticks out several inches (3-4) from the vent though as a by product of the stability. My only concern was the ratchet that holds the phone - mine wasn't strong enough to hold the phone in place so I contacted Ultimate and they immediately sent a replacement (which works fine) free of charge and with their apologies. I would recommend this product.

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit cumbersome, 20 Mar 2014
Quality of the product is good
easy to assemble
My two issues are
try searching for Motorcar Rotating Heating Duct Holder. Its not as sleek and light but I found ti very user friendly

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 17 Mar 2014
This does exactly what it says. I bought this as a replacement for one of my friends, as I broke the other one they had. They are happy and said it was far superior to their original one. Fairly straight forward to assemble and is fine for a Sony Xperia Z1.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works really well considering the price, 13 Mar 2014
E. Biggs "since_2003" (Buckinghamshire) - See all my reviews
I have no complaints. I needed one that I knew would work first time. There's no point getting something cheap if it breaks and you have to buy another one straight away. This is different. It works and should standup to light abuse. Pleased with the purchase. I gave it 4* because it isn't the 'Ultimate mount' it is however a very good one. Don't want the makers getting complacent :)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›