5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent especially for the price
Published on 8 Sept. 2012 by Mrs. Cartmell

1.0 out of 5 stars Watchdog Product Recall - Beware
Just to second the previous review, be aware that Russell Hobbs have now recalled this iron along with many others in the same and different ranges of theirs.

Company response
Russell Hobbs said:

Published 5 months ago by Ceecee

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent especially for the price, 8 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Russell Hobbs 18651 Steamglide Iron (Kitchen & Home)
I would highly recommend this iron. I bought it as we were moving house and our boxes had'nt arrived with our iron yet and I needed something in the interim. I thought this was very reasonably priced (on sale) and saw the excellent reviews. It arrived very quickly. In fact this iron seems to work better than our more expensive one, which has in fact remained in its box :-). Very good product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Iron, 11 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Russell Hobbs 18651 Steamglide Iron (Kitchen & Home)
Exceptialy fast delivery and product does all that it says it can. Knocked a third of the time it takes to iron and results are good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super smooth iron, 15 July 2012
Mrs. Jean Pollock "JENNP1" (ENGLAND) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Russell Hobbs 18651 Steamglide Iron (Kitchen & Home)
Not a heavyweight iron, but does the job of a heavyweight. Whipped through a weeks ironing pile in no time. Does use quite a lot of water for a full ironing basket, but does a sterling job. I'm very pleased/

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than some irons three times the price, 6 Jun. 2014
red0209 (Newcastle, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Russell Hobbs 18651 Steamglide Iron (Kitchen & Home)
This iron was remarkable value for money in my opinion, as other irons made by well known brands retail at three times as much and more. It heats up quickly, the soleplate is smooth, it's easy and comfortable to handle and there have been no problems with it at all after nearly a year of pretty heavy usage. That's all I want from an iron really. There is no need to pay significantly more money for a cordless iron or one that produces lots of extra steam one way or another unless you specifically need those features. If you want something that does the job very effectively, then look no further than this Russell Hobbs model.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and Easy to use, 2 Nov. 2012
Topperking99 (Millbrook, Torpoint Cornwall) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Russell Hobbs 18651 Steamglide Iron (Kitchen & Home)
Nice simple iron for a great price - easy to use with no gimmicks or bells and whistles, but it irons great and is small.

4.0 out of 5 stars Light and powerful, 7 Oct. 2012
Elise P. Cooper "Expat" (Bermuda) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Russell Hobbs 18651 Steamglide Iron (Kitchen & Home)
this iron is great. It's light and easy to use and it does a good job of ironing shirts and pants. I really like it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely little iron, 13 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Russell Hobbs 18651 Steamglide Iron (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this as my fairly new iron packed in at the weekend leaving me very stuck.it arrived in 2 days and even though it was a little smaller then i expected what a lovely little iron that seems to glide through my sons school shirts, i am very pleased with it and it is very good value for money

4.0 out of 5 stars good buy, 29 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Russell Hobbs 18651 Steamglide Iron (Kitchen & Home)
Very pleased with my new iron, just wish it had more lead, enjoyed that much done all my daughters and grandchildrens ironing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Watchdog Product Recall - Beware, 4 Dec. 2014

Company response
Russell Hobbs said:

As part of our ongoing quality monitoring program, Russell Hobbs has identified an issue with a small number of our irons that in isolated cases carry a risk that the flex may fail.

In light of this, Russell Hobbs has made the decision to recall the models in question.

If you would like to find out if you have an affected iron, you should look on the underside of the heel of the iron, where you will find a rectangular shaped label featuring a five digit code.

The only affected irons are those featuring the following model codes:

15081, 18651, 18720, 18741, 18742, 18743, 19220, 19221, 19222, 19400, 19840, 20260, 20280, 20550-10, 20560-10

If you have one of the models listed above, you also need to check the batch code.

If the batch code starts with 045 through to 365 and ends with 12 or starts with 001 through to 195 and ends with 13, then you have an affected Iron.

If you do have an affected iron, please stop using it immediately. Please telephone our customer service department on Freephone 0800 307 7616 or if you are calling from a mobile 0333 103 9663, for ROI queries please telephone 00353 1429 5140, who will advise you of how to return your iron for a replacement or full refund of the purchase price.

We would like to thank you for your co-operation and apologise for any inconvenience.

No other Russell Hobbs products or irons outside of the above codes are affected by this recall.

5.0 out of 5 stars Russell Hobbs 18651 - very good for it's price tag, 17 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Russell Hobbs 18651 Steamglide Iron (Kitchen & Home)
Very good product for it's price tag ... very comfortable to iron ... over heating has been controlled automatically by it's steam system ... heavy enough to apply less force and iron clothes gently

Russell Hobbs 18651 Steamglide Iron