5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent camera for socialites...
I must say that I was very impressed with this camera overall, given its low price tag - it has a wealth of useful features, performs very well under most conditions and takes bright well saturated 16MP pictures.
Straight out of the box the camera comes with a Quick start guide and a CD-Rom containing software for Intelli-Studio, remote back up of photos to PC and a...
Published 23 months ago by Planet G

3.0 out of 5 stars light and decent quality, but tricky to use
This camera is an attractive little piece of equipment. I have always been a fan of Samsung's aesthetics and they didn't disappoint here.

The DV300F is matt and gloss finish, is lightweight and fits easily in to the pocket. It has a generously sized LCD screen, making for easily taken pictures. In the age of social networking, it also has a front screen (as...
Published 21 months ago by zombielover

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A great bargain., 3 Feb 2013
This review is from: Samsung DV300F SMART Compact Digital Camera - Black (16.0MP, 5x Optical Zoom) 3.0 inch LCD (Electronics)
Initially could not believe the price this camera was being offered at. Thought it might be mftrs refurb. However all was genuine, I am extremely pleased at quality of photos and effects available, all so compact and well constructed. Full metal body, very good quality lens and most importantly, so easy to use, straight forward operating instructions. Everything about this model has Professional standards, with outstanding results, easily fits into a pocket or ladies small purse.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 21 Nov 2012
This product is absolutely fantastic. It has many brilliant effects which are all very good. It has a beauty shot which air brushes you - my mum particularly likes that one! The camera on the front makes it extremely useful to take pictures of myself and friends. Very happy with this product. The only thing I would say is that it can sometimes be slightly slow and the button which enables you to take the picture may have to be pressed a couple of times before it takes the picture. But overall, extremely happy with this product and would definitely recommend to a friend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little camera, 2 July 2012
My main camera is a rather large Fuji Bridge camera- great piece of kit, but large really is descriptive. I wanted something small just to slip in the pocket for odd times and having read a lot of reviews settled for this- and I'm pleased I did. It is quite tiny doesn't seem much bigger than the screen on the Fuji! But it does an excellent job and I think I'll use it more than I expected. The Wi-fi/email bit works well and the front screen does help when taking photos of children. I'm quite impressed with the panorama setting- it works very well, indeed in this respect is much better than the Fuji which never seems to like the speed I move it at.
Overall a camera I thoroughly recommend

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice Idea poorly implemented with buggy software., 11 Sep 2012
Let me start by saying I am an IT professional (over 25 years)as well as being an avid photographer [...]. I own several cameras from point and shoot to high end Canon SLR's. My home is a new build and was designed to be computer friendly with built in wireless G nodes throughout.

I bought this for my wife who wanted something simple to use that she could carry with her and use mostly for taking photos of our Grandchildren.

First impressions were good. Build quality was high and the camera felt solid and well made. The display was clear and sharp.

I took it outside to take some test photos and hit my first snag. In bright sunshine it was almost imposable to see anything on the screen so trying to focus on specific objects became little more than guesswork. The camera took longer than expected to focus and I found the tiny shutter button difficult to press as the rim around it got in the way.

I took several shots at the 100 ASA settings, max resolution, and then let the camera choose the ASA for me (Auto). At the same time I took the same photos with my Camera Phone (HTC one X 8 mp). Viewing the photos on my PC I was disappointed to see how poor the pictures were compared to my phone camera. In truth I had expected there to be a clear difference but in reality the Samsung performed little better if at all. Blowing up photos showed considerable noise and meant that the best you could expect would be A4 prints. For a 16Mp camera that is poor.

Still, my wife liked the look of it and despite my reservations wanted to keep it. She changed her mind within days. As soon as she started to try to photograph our fast moving grandchildren in fact. The camera was slow to respond and slow to focus. All she could get were blurry images of children moving out of shot. To be fair, when the children stood or sat still, photos were on the whole acceptable although there were consistent problems with focus. In the end she gave up and went back to using the 3 year old Canon the Samsung was meant to replace.

I suspect some of the problems with focus stem from the fact that most modern point and shoot have lost the Viewfinder. Trying to focus by looking at a screen particularly in bright light is not a good way to be sure you have focus spot on so perhaps I am being slightly unfair to the Samsung.

Moving away from the Photographic side of the Camera, one of it's big selling points was supposed to be it's ability to work with Wi-Fi. Hmmm!

Problems started as soon as I tried setting it up. It quickly became very clear that despite having strong a wireless signal throughout the house the camera struggled to pick up and maintain a connection. It would work well for a short time but then lose connectivity and the process had to be restarted. Much more serious were the apps (You have to download these) which are supposed to allow you to transfer data between your PC and or Smartphone/Tablet. They are so buggy it beggars belief that Samsung have even released them. I downloaded them despite dire warnings from other reviewers about the trouble they caused and regretted it immediately. Put simply, they wiped data from my phone, cleared and reset all my Wi-Fi passwords and caused a major crash on my Tablet. Be warned, I should have taken notice of the reviews and instead had to spend time rebuilding my smartphone software.

Sharing photos via email was painfully clumsy, you have to type in each email address using a tiny cursor driven screen and any small mistake can take you back to the beginning with all your changes lost. Since the camera does not remember the last email address sending more than one photo to a friend soon turns into a chore and when it drops it's Wi-Fi connection half way through the process then you start to lose the will to live.

I notice that another reviewer mentioned having to download new Firmware to get his camera to work with Wi-Fi. Maybe that was the issue, I don't know, by this time I was fed up with a product that frankly was not doing many of the things the manufacture claimed for it. I'm sending mine back for a refund. This is the first time I have ever done this but here are plenty of cameras out there that work as promised, cost less and are far less hassle to use.

If you just want a point and shoot, OK for portraits, group shots or landscapes you may find the Samsung OK. However, it's not a cheap camera and I'm not convinced that you can't get better picture quality for this kind of money.

I will try to post some of the photos I took for comparison so you can make up your own mind.

Update 22/09/2012. Since posting this review I have returned the camera to Amazon for credit. First class service from Amazon with prompt refund. Gives me confidence buying from them. Thanks Amazon.

Update 24/01/2013
Since this review, I have bought the Samsung NX1000 which boasts the same WiFi ability. The picture quality is superb but it shares many of the same problems as it's cheaper sibling. Focus is not always spot on but the biggest issue is still the buggy WiFi software. Put bluntly, It simply does not work reliably. Thankfully I don't need or use it much so overall I am happy with the Camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars I didn't really need a new camera, 21 May 2012
But, I recently became a great grandfather and I spotted a feature on this camera which made it immediately desirable. It has a front screen which, when set to children mode, plays a little cartoon, with sound, to capture your subject's attention and even make them laugh. And it works! It is also useful for self portraits as you can frame the shots.

Othe features include Wi Fi connection for sending a shot immediately by email or to Facebook and so on.

These features added to a 16 megapixel image, 5 times optical zoom and many camera functions, make it a super buy. I love it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Samsung DV300F vs Smart phone camera, 30 Aug 2012
I bought this camera as a better option than using the camera on my iPhone 4s , the intention being use the phone camera for day to day snaps and the Samsung for holidays , fishing trips etc , those photos to be put in my albums on my iPad.
I think Samsung have rather missed the point . We all have cameras in our smart phones , so if we are to carry an extra gadget ie a camera , surely you shoould expect better quality photos than those taken on your phone.
Unfortunately this isn't the case. I took a lot of photos of different subjects using my iPhone and the Samsung and put them on my iPad for comparison. The results were disappointing. The Samsung pictures lacked sharpness and definition , the occasional photo from the Samsung that bettered the iPhone did not make it worth the while carrying an extra gadget around.
As a ( not so cheap ) pocket camera the Samsung is adequate. As a means of getting higher quality photos onto your iPad don't bother , you will be disappointed.
If you want high quality photos there is no substitute for a decent lens which is never going to fit into a pocket camera.
I returned the Samsung , ( had to pay an annoying 20% restocking fee ) and bought a Nikon L810 with an Eye-fi memory card direct from Amazon, cost less tha 200 for both. Job Done !! Excellent photos sent wirelessly to my iPad from the Eye-fi card via the Eye-fi app , brilliant.

1.0 out of 5 stars Seller sold defective item and does not reply to e-mails, 12 May 2013
I bought this camera 2 months ago. It arrived on time and generally been happy with the camera and the quality of the photos indoors and outdoors.

My review is about the seller. After less than 2 months the camera has broken down. The camera works but the screen is grey with lines, like a broken tv screen! I have used the camera once so far, during my one week holidays. It hasn't been exposed to extreme weather conditions, water or it hasn't fallen from height. I have generally been very careful with handling the camera. I am very disappointed that it has broken down so fast. I believe that the seller has sold me a defective item. The worst part is that i try to contact the seller several times for a refund or replacement and won't answer!!

So if you don't want to throw your money in the bin, don't buy from this seller, you'd better buy from a store where you can actually talk to people if something goes wrong. But don't use this seller. Terrible customer service!

5.0 out of 5 stars samsung smart camnera, 18 Jan 2013
The camera arrived on time like was stipulated on the order, the camera is easy to use, one down comment I would say is the power lead is a little short and I don't like the plug into plug for charging (universal) but a very nice camera.

1.0 out of 5 stars rubish camera, 30 Mar 2014
camera is rubbish wish id never got it,it did not take readable writing on appliance badge ,had to take photo with a tablet .(writing was clear to read with that )

1.0 out of 5 stars Short life, 14 Mar 2014
After 13 months it froze and there is no helpful support .It seems that it is cheaper to buy a new camera. This is my second Samsung camera and may be try Japanese Make for a change.

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›