5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent camera for socialites...
I must say that I was very impressed with this camera overall, given its low price tag - it has a wealth of useful features, performs very well under most conditions and takes bright well saturated 16MP pictures.
Straight out of the box the camera comes with a Quick start guide and a CD-Rom containing software for Intelli-Studio, remote back up of photos to PC and a...
Published 23 months ago by Planet G

3.0 out of 5 stars light and decent quality, but tricky to use
This camera is an attractive little piece of equipment. I have always been a fan of Samsung's aesthetics and they didn't disappoint here.

The DV300F is matt and gloss finish, is lightweight and fits easily in to the pocket. It has a generously sized LCD screen, making for easily taken pictures. In the age of social networking, it also has a front screen (as...
Published 21 months ago by zombielover

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought on behalf of someone, 9 Dec 2012
Acathla (Isle of Man) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Samsung DV300F SMART Compact Digital Camera - Black (16.0MP, 5x Optical Zoom) 3.0 inch LCD (Electronics)
Who reports back that it is the best camera they have ever owned, for the price paid. As the middle man, superb packaging, swift delivery and wouldn't hesitate to recommend, given feedback from owner.

5.0 out of 5 stars great buy, 16 July 2012
Mr. A. Barker "al coachman" (yorkshire uk) - See all my reviews
THIS WAS DELIVERED IN GOOD TIME AND IS VERY GOOD PRODUCT,wireless connection to lap top a little slow but all in all very good camera,as are all Samsung products

2.0 out of 5 stars A Good Compact Camera?, 26 Jun 2012
Having used my mobile phone camera to take pictures for the past few years I thought I'd invest in a camera I could use to take better pictures on holiday and for special occasions etc. After reading all the reviews about this camera it seemed like it would be a worthwhile investment, however, I was sorely disappointed and surprised when I received it and tried it out.

The picture quality was only marginally better than the camera on my phone which is 8 MP. The wireless connectivity was hit and miss to say the least, Setting it up with my Acer laptop running Windows 7 was impossible (I'm not a total Luddite) but I was just confronted with error messages.. The menu was fairly intuitive but most of the functions were fairly pointless when the picture quality was not that good added to which the buttons are a fiddle..

I had assumed (wrongly perhaps) that is you set it on smart auto you would get the best picture for the situation but this did not appear to be the case and as you zoom in into something the reslolution falls away and you end up with a 3megapixel photo!

If you're looking for something to take snapshots with I think there are cheaper cameras available without all the extras that don't really work or add anything and most decent smart phones are probably adequate - I wouldn't be surprised if the Samsung S3 phone is easily a good a this camera..

5.0 out of 5 stars new technology., 8 Jun 2012
this is our most modern and up to date camera we have bought,looking forward to taking on holiday with us soon with a couple of our other cameras.this camera looks as if will be best yet.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware!, 11 Mar 2013
Elaine Davis "Ellied100" (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
This camera was purchased for me as a present in January and I was really pleased with it until when the battery was charged for the second time the charger exploded causing damage to the socket and wall. This has been reported to Samsung and Amazon and I am waiting to hear from them as to whether this is a known problem with this product or if I was just unlucky. However, I believe this could have caused a fire as well as injury if a person had been nearby at the time it happened. I personally would be wary about using this product again!!

5.0 out of 5 stars xmas present, 21 Nov 2012
I bought this present for my daughter for xmas I do not know very much about cameras so i hope this will live up to its reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly disappointed, 24 Jun 2012
I like the camera a lot, but there is one thing I have to pick on.
The buttons are wiggly and so is the zoom in button.

1.0 out of 5 stars Non-UK spec item, 29 April 2013
When I received this item (bought from F&D digital inc via Amazon), before I even opened the box it was clear that it was not intended for sale in the UK - the security seal was marked "Latin America" (that was a big giveaway!), and loose in the Amazon packaging was a cheap looking (ie not safety marked) travel adapter plug. I didn't even bother opening the box, and returned the item or a refund - which, I should say, was very easy and without quibble - well done Amazon.

I then purchased the same camera from a local retailer for only marginally more, so can still pass comment on the device.
For what it is, I've been impressed. It's compact, takes reasonable quality pictures, and the direct upload to social media sites has been easy to grasp and works well each time. The front mounted second screen is a nice touch too - it's not the best screen you'll ever see, but it's a great idea for self portrait photos.

You could probably get these features better individually in other products, but as an overall package this camera ticks a lot of boxes.

4.0 out of 5 stars great, 28 Nov 2012
this was purchased for a replacement camera that was droped, am pleased with it, does the job quick and useful little camera.

ARRAY(0xad0de384)