5.0 out of 5 stars Great Big Buttons ... Just the job!
First seen in an electrical superstore I bought this phone on Amazon for an elderly relative ... who is not a technophobe. The great thing is that, though relatively small, the Alcatel One Touch has as large display and big buttons, allowing ease of use, particularly for elderly people, whose hands and fingers are less supple than average.

Once programmed...
Published 22 months ago by Nick

2.0 out of 5 stars alcatel one touch telephone
having purchased this item, then having to sort out a three point pin (included 2 pin) and then the telephone in german and
instructions in german - then told by the company they had no english translation - suggested contacting the manufacture.
this has caused me more money !!! I now have to try to sort the phone out to use on my own. Not good amazon
Published 16 months ago by mrs m nelson

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Big Buttons ... Just the job!, 25 Oct 2012
Nick "Author" (Southampton, U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alcatel One Touch 282 - Sim Free (Black) (Electronics)

Once programmed with both an 'emergency' number, and the rest of friends and families' it did not take long for my relative to become acquainted with the text and phone functions.

Very soon I shall be purchasing another One Touch (in white) for my relatives' wife thus ensuring I know they can both communicate with ease, using this handsets' many safety features, which, if required, includes a 'panic' button ... See Amazon site for details.

Highly recommended product, which arrived well packaged, but easily opened!

4.0 out of 5 stars Gets close to the ideal for an elderly end user, 12 May 2013
K. Doerr (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alcatel One Touch 282 - Sim Free (Black) (Electronics)
Good size, but why stop there? another 2 cm bigger all round would make it a comfortable handfull. The 'lock' button on the side is too small - put it on the front with clear signage.
The 'distress button' on the back has been pressed once by accident whilst docking the phone - maybe the dwell time for this button could be extended?

Display is clear and plenty big enough but buttons could increase if whole unit was bigger. Docking station for charging is excellent idea as it eliminates connecting of fiddly adaptors and phone has somewhere to go when not in use in the house.

I couldn't find one to order in a bright colour but orange or day-glo would be good when it is inside a handbag or in low light.

All round it's a good buy but I can't help feeling that the developers must not have spent the day with some doddery old biddies to appreciate how technology of any description will defeat them. I'm not being ageist or sexist, just practical - make a phone that my 86 year old mum can use without fail and I'll put your name in for a big medal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent phone for visually impaired, 8 Aug 2012
Mr. C. T. Read "Travelling reader" (Hampshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alcatel One Touch 282 - Sim Free (Black) (Electronics)
I have been looking for a phone with big buttons AND large screen display since my wife lost the sight in one eye six months ago, she has really struggled with "normal" mobile phones.
I found that there are lots of makers (some claiming to be specialist for visually impaired users) available with large buttons but then the screen display and that shown on it is the size you get on a "normal" mobile phone which lets the product down. As far as I've seen Alcatel don't even market this device for the visually impaired.

This isn't a pretty phone, but it is simple to use, it has large button, big screen display AND "spoken" number as you dial which makes this is ideal for someone with vision impairment and you don't have to pay a fortune for it.

There is also a torch facility (strange but true)the battery standby time is as good as any simple mobile phone on the market and there is a one touch programmable help button for dialing out to your "in case of emergency" contact as easily as possible. I CAN'T RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT ENOUGH

2.0 out of 5 stars alcatel one touch telephone, 22 April 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars not good, 12 Sep 2012
This review is from: Alcatel One Touch 282 - Sim Free (Black) (Electronics)
I bought this for my 95 year old mother and found that it far too complicated - I could not use it myself! There is no name list and I could not find how to put new numbers and names in even after following the instruction book. Messages kept pinging in about missed calls which confused her. I just want an ordinary phone with a simple programme and with as few gadgets as possible. This is not a phone I would recommend. I took it back and got my money back.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 12 Aug 2014
This review is from: Alcatel One Touch 282 - Sim Free (Black) (Electronics)
The item did not come with the charging dock. Otherwise it worked well and came in fast

5.0 out of 5 stars Loves it as very easy to, 24 July 2014
This review is from: Alcatel One Touch 282 - Sim Free (Black) (Electronics)
Arrived very quickly. Was a present for elderly friend. Loves it as very easy to use

5.0 out of 5 stars great little phone, 22 Jan 2014
This review is from: Alcatel One Touch 282 - Sim Free (Black) (Electronics)
brought for my technophobe dad who cant even work a microwave but he can work this. menu is a bit confusing at first adding phone numbers but once done no problem. thinking of buying a spare one in case my smart phone goes down,i would not be ashamed to walk round with it great looking little phone

1.0 out of 5 stars Phone is useless., 14 Nov 2013
This review is from: Alcatel One Touch 282 - Sim Free (Black) (Electronics)
phone as what I wanted but the charger does not fit. Issuer is not able to help. And the sim card is locked.
Am taking to a loca shop for advice. If they cannot help I shall return yo issuer.l

5.0 out of 5 stars Good phone, 29 Sep 2013
This review is from: Alcatel One Touch 282 - Sim Free (Black) (Electronics)
you should be selling this phone for ever this phone are for old people who don't see well and help the to get around much easer to talk for there loves one