5.0 out of 5 stars Fast
I alrady had a USB2 Patriot flash drive (8GB) so I knew how fast these are and I wasn't disappointed with this USB3 version.

I get 75+ MBps reading from it and crucially (because I'm using it to watch TV shows from on my media player) I get fast write speeds (around 17 to 20 MBps) so I can load it up quickly and not have to wait.

It also performs...
Published on 1 Jun. 2012 by Gaxxian

3.0 out of 5 stars Good performance, flimsy design.
Other reviews have already covered the great performance of this drive, it can't be faulted on it.

Published on 7 Oct. 2012 by R. L. Bennett

3.0 out of 5 stars Good performance, flimsy design., 7 Oct. 2012
R. L. Bennett (Liverpool, UK.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Patriot PEF32GSBUSB 32GB Supersonic Boost XT USB 3.0 Flash Drive (Personal Computers)

I purchased one of these drives back in May, 5 months later and it's on its last legs. The problem is two-fold in the cheap casing design, the rubber cap doesn't grip particularly well to the port it covers; I had to remove it so that I didn't permanently lose it after finding it several times at the bottom of my pocket. Obviously this leaves the port exposed to the elements. Furthermore last night, the 'chip' itself came out of the rubber casing when removing it from a USB port - leaving the naked board sitting connected. Obviously the glue used to seal it had worn very quickly. The board itself will 'kind of' work sometimes when plugged into the PC, but it's a bit hit and miss, I'd say it's a goner.

The pen-drive has sat on my keyring for 5 months, and for this purpose I'd say it's unsuitable. If you're aware that this drive isn't particularly robust I'm sure it could last you properly, but the keyring fob on the drive speaks to the manufacturers original intention of its use - and for that, it's just not good enough.

I've just gone through RMA, and Amazon are sending out a new drive. They can't be faulted.

I'll report back if the same problem occurs. When it works, this drive flies and has provided me with a robust portable OS. I just hope the next one lasts a bit longer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, 1 Jun. 2012

It also performs well on USB 2. Although the read rate is capped by the USB port, the writes are very fast compared to other drives I have. They usually max out at 9 MBps, but this drive give around 14 MBps through a USB 2 port.

Patriot seems like a good make, from my (limited) experience.

4.0 out of 5 stars Benchmarked @ 86.8 MB/sec = SuperSonic, 21 April 2012
Transfer Rate Benchmark from HD Tune = Patriot SuperSonic 32GB USB-3

Minimum @ 76.2 MB/sec

Maximum @ 86.8 MB/sec

Average @ 85.1 MB/sec

Burst Rate @ 32.1 MB/sec

Access Time @ 0.4 ms

So any other reviews that state it doesn't do 90MB/sec speeds are wrong.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and quick USB drive, 18 July 2012
Using CDM 3 as a benchmark 1000MB, this does

Read 90 MB/s and Writes at 28 MB/s compared with a my USB 2.0 patriot which reads at 30 MB/s and writes at 15MB/s so it's a pretty big step up and is really well priced. Its also smaller than my old 16GB patriot stick.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very practical and useful, 2 Nov. 2013
I have now several of same products and all function flawlessly as should, very satisfied with quality speed and ragged design.

1.0 out of 5 stars Was fast to start with but has strangely stopped being USB 3.0, 17 May 2013
R. Lissimore (London) - See all my reviews
When I first used it I got fast speeds for the money via USB 3.0.

Fast forward about 30 uses, and it stopped working in all USB 3.0 ports (on multiple computers). It still works via USB 2.0 though.

3.0 out of 5 stars good but far from the fastest ., 30 Nov. 2012
Graham Berry - See all my reviews
I bought 2 of these for my partner recently , from a local shop (not Amazon) they delivered similar speed to others that have reviewed them and are reasonably well put together ,with no problems in use . personally I use Supertalent, usb pendrives, as speed is important to me , they are however relatively pricey , but I get 160+MB/s consistantly read speeds and writing at around 60 MB/s with the worse I have seen around 58 MB/s . much faster than most drives including the above one , though not the fastest either .

3.0 out of 5 stars Quick transfer speeds but poor quality control., 12 Oct. 2014
I've had 4 of these. One wouldn't work in a USB 3.0 port and would only work in USB 2.0. One had the port and PCB detach from the rest of the body, when used in a tight USB port. There's not much holding them in, just 2 small plastic clips. The ones I have no issues with do work and work well. The transfer speeds are excellent and the rubberised casing does feel rugged. The device gets hot when used for long periods of time. The cheaper drives are worth a look. I don't think I would be investing in the more expensive high capacity ones given my experience with quality control. Patriot support were not much help when it came to returning the faulty unit. Amazon were great though and shipped a new unit out promptly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Patriot 32 GB Supersonic Boost XT USB 3.0 Flash Drive, 11 April 2013
Wealthyseer (Southampton,UK) - See all my reviews
Compact,reliable,excellent.Have several now, all working perfectly. Have several products from Patriot and all work as intended perfectly. Very happy with their products. Highly personally valued products.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very fast, but a tad bulky, 14 Oct. 2014
Its fast and reliable and wasn't at a bad price when I bought it. (Well 2 of them actually)
Just one word of warning, if you want to use this where you already have a clump of other usb's plugged into your pc, it might be a bit tight getting it in. I have one of these on the back of my xbox360 slim and the 3 usb slots there are really tight for this memory stick. I use a wired pad in the top usb and the power for my turtle beach headset in the bottom. It had to go in the middle slot as it wouldn't stay in the top or bottom slots. Very tight fit.