5.0 out of 5 stars Fast
I alrady had a USB2 Patriot flash drive (8GB) so I knew how fast these are and I wasn't disappointed with this USB3 version.

I get 75+ MBps reading from it and crucially (because I'm using it to watch TV shows from on my media player) I get fast write speeds (around 17 to 20 MBps) so I can load it up quickly and not have to wait.

It also performs...
Published on 1 Jun. 2012 by Gaxxian

3.0 out of 5 stars Good performance, flimsy design.
Other reviews have already covered the great performance of this drive, it can't be faulted on it.

I purchased one of these drives back in May, 5 months later and it's on its last legs. The problem is two-fold in the cheap casing design, the rubber cap doesn't grip particularly well to the port it covers; I had to remove it so that I didn't permanently lose it...
Published on 7 Oct. 2012 by R. L. Bennett

5.0 out of 5 stars Flash Drive, 11 April 2013
Wealthyseer (Southampton,UK) - See all my reviews
I do have several products now, very satisfied. I also have several previous models by Patriot and can not faulter any of them as all just do provide excellent storage,8GB, 16GB, as well as 32GB..... reliable performance and value for money. 100%. Highly recommend. Patriot products are worthy of recognition. Never tried 64GB as yet, thus can not comment on that product.

5.0 out of 5 stars GOOD PRODUCT, 1 April 2013
Speed of downloading definately considerably faster than previous usb 2.0 . This product performs well, far better than you would expect for the price. A very good buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Use to transfer soft to other Mac, 26 Mar. 2013
It's an excellent piece of computer stuff. It's fast. I bought it because I had read an article in a German magazine how fast it is.
The best place to order is via Amazon. And the UK is the closest country for me to order from. And if the price is right, I buy it.
Knowing before how it will work is handy. Reading magazines is a must.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, fast..., 4 Mar. 2013
Does the job and transfers files faster than my old USB stick, so in my book it is a winner!

5.0 out of 5 stars usb3, 21 Feb. 2013
Excellent product. No faults. Arrived very quickly. A very good flash drive for fast and efficient data transfer. Would definitely purchase another.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rugged and a great performance, 22 Jan. 2013
Mr. K. Miller "Keithybabes" (NE England) - See all my reviews
Nothing more to say really other than it's a very solid and durable construction and very fast, highly recommended. If there is a slight reservation it's that the cap is not fixed to the body so possible to lose it.

5.0 out of 5 stars USB 3.0 Flash Drive, 5 Jan. 2013
When plugged into a USB 3 port, it is fast. I wanted something that would help me transfer flat files and the like between a friends old PC (USB 2) and their new PC (USB 3). This did the trick and at a decent price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems fast, nice design., 24 Dec. 2012
L. Davidson (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I use this mainly for backups. Plugged into a USB3.0 port, it is blazing fast. I haven't compared it to other USB3 devices but it's as fast as I could want it to be, to be honest.

The rubbery design is nice, and I sometimes pick it up, over the other random objects on my desk, just to spin it around in my hands.

The cap is only held on with friction and could get lost if it came off, which might be a minor concern if you have it on a keyring or something.

My only complaint is that my USB3 port takes some force to unplug things from, and I can feel the USB plug on this moving around inside the case if I wiggle it in certain ways. Maybe this is normal, and just a result of the rubber coating having some give compared to the solid internals. It certainly has not broken or caused any problems so far, it just makes me worry about how I handle it. But until/unless something actually goes wrong, I won't deduct any marks for that.

(I remember people saying the plastic back to my old phone felt fragile when the material was actually incredibly strong, despite being flexible, and in the end stood up to several years of abuse without so much as a scratch, so I know how something feels can be very different to how it actually is.)

5.0 out of 5 stars replaced a 4gb ocz rally2, 11 Dec. 2012
I have not tried it on a usb3 port yet but this drive is as fast as advertised / reviewed. Very happy for this purchase.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed with the write speed (i.e. copy to stick), 30 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Patriot PEF8GSBUSB 8GB Supersonic Boost USB 3.0 Flash Drive (Personal Computers)
So I just tested it on a Core-i7 laptop. Copied a 1.55GB file to and from it. If you're copying multiple small files, then expect worst results. My hard-drive is 7200rpm (if it's SSD then you can obviously expect better results). Here're my results:

From laptop's USB2 to flash drive: 2min 25s (write speed = 11 MB/s)
From laptop's USB3 to flash drive: 2min 23s (write speed = 11 MB/s)

From flash drive to laptop's USB2: 44s (read speed = 36 MB/s)
From flash drive to laptop's USB3: 9s (read speed = 160 MB/s)

If you are going to copy over an operating system ISO (4GB or more), then this will be an excruciating pain and I'm not impressed despite paying £10 for 8GB. Makes me wonder whether I should have gone for a Class-10 SD card but I don't know if laptops can even boot from them, so I bought a USB memory stick instead.