Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Learn more Learn more

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£5.99

on 18 April 2016
I enjoyed the book. I did not think it was long winded and slow to start as some reviews suggested I enjoyed the depth of descriptions and all that went with it. Like the descriptions of the characters easily enabled you to have a picture of them in your head.
on 16 December 2013
I picked this up at my local library as on of their Top Notch Titles and found it absorbing from the first page. A good introduction to the horrors of the First World War , a good Sherlock Holmes derived mystery. All rolled into one.
on 1 July 2014
enjoyable who done it set in WW1 with Dr Watson and lead investigator. Not my usual genre but I am a willing convert. End was a bit soon and open ended but I would read it again and recommend it to others.
on 28 July 2014
It's an interesting story although not necessarily riveting. Recounting the experience of the war and the trenches is always remarkable as it makes you realize how lucky we are! Give it a go........
on 13 February 2014
Doctor Watson serving his country in the horror of WW1. Well crafted whodunit. The historical detail is very well done, you can almost smell the gas! For an Sherlock fan this is an excellent read.
on 2 August 2015
As a keen Sherlock Holmes fan I was interested to see this book on Amazon.I read a sample and decided to purchase it. I thoroughly enjoyed it and have put others in the series on my Wishlist.
on 3 March 2014
The next chapter of this phase of Holmes/Watson, or should I now say Watson/Holmes an excellent one. I have been reading the Cannon since high school and this is a very worthy continuation.
on 12 January 2014
Once started, one of those books you don't want to put down. As well as a good storyline, it also gave an insight to life on the front during the First World War.
on 1 August 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed this book with the First World War trench warfare well illustrated and a medical mystery and who done it tightly bandaged by Dr Watson!
on 5 November 2014
The novel moves along at a good pace and describes the horror of the trenches very well. I also learnt alot about WW1 medical practice along the way!