4.0 out of 5 stars Good aprt from obscene langauage
I am not a prude and regularly swear in conversation. However, I found the c78t word within chapter one somewhat off-putting as it was quite redundant to the story.

However, I persisted and found an engaging read with believable characters in amusing situations. Hero Bill's demolition of a Welsh Marches town centre is most enjoyable.

Worth a read,...
Published on 25 April 2012 by michaela ridge

3.0 out of 5 stars Surprised.
Published on 28 April 2012 by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Good aprt from obscene langauage, 25 April 2012

Worth a read, IMHO.

3.0 out of 5 stars Surprised., 28 April 2012
Amazon Customer (Lanarkshire, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Trouble on the March (Kindle Edition)
From the style of the cover and the blurb about the content I had expected a nice read, easy and relaxed in the style of a Hamish Macbeth tale. I was a little shaken therefore to encounter somewhat ripe language within a few pages, especially since my daughter occasionally borrows my Kindle! (She's 24 but I don't want her wondering just how much the menopause is affecting me!)However, on persevering, it seems to be a well written and funny book. I'm still at the beginning of it but I'm hoping it keeps up the hilarity of the first rather expressive chapter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Had me laughing for ages, 24 Jun 2012
This review is from: Trouble on the March (Kindle Edition)
This was a super book, obviously written by an ex police officer or someone who has spent alot of time with police officers. Great story with great charachters. This book really brought a smile to my face, and the odd tear of laughter too. The central charachter, Insp Brock is superb. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes a chuckle. Ex police officers especially will identify with quite a few of the starring officers in the story. Well written C A Marriott and thankyou.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth it!, 4 May 2012
This review is from: Trouble on the March (Kindle Edition)
Tried it on the spur of the moment, downloaded the sample and got hooked. A bit dated in ways I can't really put my finger on ( apart from mention of the Granada) but a nice style, reminiscent of Tom Sharpe. Off now to see if I can find any more from the s Author

5.0 out of 5 stars Revenge is it ever sweet?, 28 April 2012
Bugly (North Devon) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Trouble on the March (Kindle Edition)
What a book, if you are male and have been through a divorce as the innocent party boy will you love this one. if you like a laugh out loud that is just spot on in its true to life characters and is well-crafted, then this is for you. It does have a few swear words but they are in context and if you have ever been in any of the situations in this book you will no doubt have used the same language yourself. This is a great tale, a fun read and great entertainment. So many times these books end with a girlie `and along comes a rich lover to make everything happy' cliché, but this one just delivers life as it is.
I enjoyed every word, every twist, it is not a book that will make you change your life or think about anything in detail. It is a comedy, a total farce about the misfortunes of others and the potential hilarity that can come about as a result. Life is crap, we all know this, it just starts to go right and some idiot upsets the apple cart, from then on it is all downhill until you see the chance for revenge, an outlet for your misfortune. Read this and you will giggle, laugh and join in with the mischief that unfolds. Anyone who has had a life will see parables and wish that they could have had the `balls' (read the book to understand the joke) to repay those who seek to make life difficult in a similar way.
Great fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 31 May 2013
Lynne Webb (Stevenage, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Trouble on the March (Kindle Edition)
Really good read. Makes me want to read the other two in the trilogy which I am about to download onto my kindle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very funny, 22 May 2013
This review is from: Trouble on the March (Kindle Edition)
A bit of slow start the story built momentum the trials and tribulations of a wronged man to the satisfying conclusion of revenge

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny read, 10 May 2012
This review is from: Trouble on the March (Kindle Edition)
Have read this in a day and loved it. I too was a bit taken aback by the strong language at the start of the book but great to see that the author has now removed this following other readers' feedback.
A great read, quite reminiscent of Tom Sharp. Had me laughing out loud.
Would definitely recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chuckle, 20 May 2013
This review is from: Trouble on the March (Kindle Edition)
Inspector Bill Brock and his dog Ben are the main characters in this very amusing book. I never found the language offence in fact quite in keeping with what Bill was going through. More of a late 70s 80s style of policing Bill being banished to Wales. A good read, enjoyable.

4.0 out of 5 stars a very good read, 12 Mar 2014
This review is from: Trouble on the March (Kindle Edition)
Marriott has the knack of writing a very well crafted crime novel which combines a collection of eccentric and engaging characters with a strong humorous story line.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›