5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent
This was a freebie which I downloaded as I particularly wanted some short reads. It is very short. That said, it is a beautifully written piece. Very evocative and brought several memories to the surface for me. Well drawn characters for such a short story. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Published on 24 Mar 2012 by Jill in East Kent

3.0 out of 5 stars a very short story
Published 7 months ago by jac

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 24 Mar 2012
This review is from: The Straw Garden (Kindle Edition)

3.0 out of 5 stars a very short story, 21 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Straw Garden (Kindle Edition)
I downloaded this as a freebie and would have been very upset if I'd paid for it. I finished it in well under half an hour. It is the story of a woman going through photographs after her beloved grandmother had died. Explanations are short (what exactly did happen to her grandmother's garden for it to be covered in straw?)and sometimes unsatisfactory. The 'book' would have been more interesting if it left less to the imagination and was more dimensional.
It is a skeleton of a story and I was left feeling cheated. I read it 2 days ago and already it is fading from memory,as it was so lacking in detail.
I would probably not read anythng else by this author -definitely not any short stories!

ARRAY(0xac862bc4)